Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trisphee Talk (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Invisible Avatar O.o (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4451)

Panda 04-06-2011 11:04 AM

Invisible Avatar O.o

I came up with an idea of an invisible avatar. I was thinking about it for a while and stuff start popping up in my head.

What if we make an invisible avatar base?

We will be able to equip items without seeing the base. That mean we can create cool stuff for our avatar without having the annoying base in the way. Not really annoying, but for those who want to create some spectacular and really unique avatar.

The base is pretty much nothingness. It is nothing, so it is very easy to do and will not be a problem at all and it doesn't require any coding other than making it available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 616414)
The baseless avatar that I am suggesting right now come in both gender. It is like a normal base, but you can't see it. You will be able to just equip background items, I never really wanted to just put clothes on them and I never really done that because it look all messy and everything.

It would be nice to have the ability to not see your base, because some people just want to equip jut a plushy and use it as their avatar or whatever. :] If you know what I mean.

Coda 04-06-2011 12:11 PM

That's been on my list for a long time, but I need to change how bases are handled first.

Gozed 04-06-2011 12:13 PM

I've seen some people posting without a base, and have floating items. Not sure how they do it however.

Coda 04-06-2011 12:16 PM

It only works if you've never assigned a base to begin with.

Booga 04-06-2011 01:44 PM

I'm not much of a fan of invisible avis but they do look funny I'll have to admit XD

Fey 04-06-2011 08:19 PM

The only downside I can think of would be how things are 'cut' to sit correctly on the bases already. Since they're not creating things that have both a 'skirt front' and 'skirt back', for example, the skirt has parts 'cut' so they show correctly when used. If you have an invisible base you would have those parts that are removed show pretty conspicuously.

Coda 04-06-2011 08:30 PM

It's just one of the challenges of making an attractive avatar without a base. A lot of items DO have proper back layers, though.

Chi 04-06-2011 09:34 PM

You do realize Panda I was the first one who had a baseless avatar. o_O;

You can only have an invisible avatar (baseless) if you never pick out a base and only equip unisex items.

Ashy 04-06-2011 10:09 PM

for now, there could be a teal item that would make the base invisible, like just equip it over the top of the base

now thats thinking outside the box :P

Panda 04-06-2011 10:53 PM

Chi, no I'm not trying to do that. The baseless avatar that I am suggesting right now come in both gender. It is like a normal base, but you can't see it. You will be able to just equip background items, I never really wanted to just put clothes on them and I never really done that because it look all messy and everything.

It would be nice to have the ability to not see your base, because some people just want to equip jut a plushy and use it as their avatar or whatever. :] If you know what I mean.

Chi 04-06-2011 11:32 PM

Yeah, I know.
I have an old saved image of my avatar before the items were given a gender.
I tried to change my items when I was baseless, it tells you "<blank>'s cannot equip female/male items"
Because the items have a gender, being baseless is genderless so it won't let you. xD
But yeah, I suggested to Coda a long long time ago, baseless avatars.

Panda 04-07-2011 12:20 AM

That is different though, the invisible base will have gender.

Coda 04-07-2011 12:35 AM

I told you it's already on my list. XD

Panda 04-07-2011 01:10 AM

I know, we are just further discussing.

--- 04-24-2011 08:07 AM

I rather think it looks smashing.

Lauv Keiko 04-24-2011 08:45 AM

Been practicing with it..
oh and coda, you could add an option that members could disselect their bases?