Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   NaNoWriMo anyone? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9569)

trystan830 11-01-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coda (Post 1814367)
The Time Traveler's Daughter.

is that a thing? it doesn't come up in a list of Audrey Niffenegger's books. and in a google search, i find fanfic... and article from 2013 saying Niffenegger gave the go-ahead for an ebook.....

but i don't see anything indicating that's an actual thing?

Coda 11-01-2017 06:32 PM

Really...? That's... huh. Where the heck did the recommendation come from, then? Because someone told me I should really read the sequel. I hadn't actually gotten around to looking for it yet.

trystan830 11-01-2017 06:38 PM

i know, right? it should be a thing.

there's this from 2013. huh.

Coda 11-01-2017 06:41 PM

Okay, that explains it. XD The sequel isn't OUT yet!

trystan830 11-01-2017 06:47 PM

well.... do you have a wordpress account?

Audrey Niffenegger on Twitter --> takes you to

this page on WordPress:

This site is marked private by its owner. If you would like to view it, you’ll need two things:
A WordPress.com account. Don’t have an account? All you need is an email address and password — register here!
Permission from the site owner. Once you've created an account, log in and revisit this screen to request an invite.
If you already have both of these, great!

so.... maybe?

Coda 11-01-2017 07:06 PM

https://www.audreyniffenegger.com/faqs/

ARE YOU GOING TO WRITE A SEQUEL TO THE TIME TRAVELER’S WIFE?
Yes. The working title is The Other Husband. It should be published in 2018 or 2019 if I can avoid distractions and carry on writing it.

So I have no idea where I got that title.

trystan830 11-01-2017 07:12 PM

well that answers that.

as for The Time Traveler's Daughter, you may have seen it somewhere or other - i remember seeing it as well.

Quiet Man Cometh 11-02-2017 04:35 AM

I've been super busy so I completely forgot about Nano this year (and Inktober) until the middle of the local (read: one hour drive) kick-off for the year. I was less busy today but managed to forget again! Not that I have any idea at all of what I'm going to write.

There is an actual local write-in (only a 20 minute drive!) tomorrow evening but if the snow starts falling like the weather is suggesting, I'll have to bail on it and make sure I get home before the roads get iffy.

It's been a bumpy start.

trystan830 11-02-2017 10:06 AM

well, hopefully you can get something written?

here's my game plan of attack:
https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram...72895232_n.jpg

so far, i've crossed off #1! woot!! and i'm working on #2. =D

Coda 11-02-2017 06:01 PM

I'm not entirely happy with how this is going so far. I've got a story I want to tell, and I'm confident that I can hit all of the plot points I want, but Dr. Wily's characterization isn't coming through the way I want it to. I can't imagine the monologue I'm writing being said in his voice.

Oh well. Not a concern for NaNo. That's something I can fix in editing.

Tangentially: Geez, I'd forgotten how long 1700 words is... Posted an update and I'm not even halfway through YESTERDAY'S quota, much less putting any sort of dent into TODAY'S.

trystan830 11-02-2017 10:30 PM

*reads your update* it sounds good to me!

and yeah, 1700 words is probably longer than you think it is.

in other news, i've written 3,060 words so far - 1201 yesterday and 1850 so far today.

Quiet Man Cometh 11-03-2017 01:28 AM

I had hoped to hit a local writer's meet-up tonight but we just got snow and the first hit is usually hardest on the roads. In town it's probably okay but up here we've got some inches. Haven't looked out in a while though, so not really sure how deep it is, yet.

Tomorrow looks mean, too. Might be able to make it for Saturday. Seems to be an every night thing, or the local ML made an error on the calendar.

Coda 11-03-2017 04:18 AM

Well... Caught up with day one's quota and halfway through day two's quota. If I can write this many words again tomorrow then I should be caught up.

I'm much more comfortable with Dr. Wily's WRITTEN voice than his SPOKEN voice. Despite being a mad scientist he's still an academic at heart; given the title "Doctor" it's safe to assume he's got a PhD which means he's published research papers. So when he's writing he tends to lapse into an academic voice, although especially when he's getting tired he doesn't always keep to the most rigorous tone. (And he IS a mad scientist, so every once in a while he'll let slip a short rant or gloat even in writing.)

ZenKitty 11-03-2017 06:47 AM

It's so cool to see all of you doing NaNo!

If you can't make in-person write ins, check to see if your region has ChatNaNo or email Utoxin to see if you can sign up for it yourself. You can join online write ins from around the world AND there is a zany bot named Timmy that will set up word sprint goals by typing !boxodoom [number of minutes][level of hardness] so an example would be !boxodoom 20 medium and you'd get something like 650.

You can find more information about it here.

Coda 11-03-2017 12:02 PM

No thanks, I get too distracted in that kind of setting. I write better solo. ^^()

Claire Bear 11-03-2017 12:40 PM

November is the worst month for this (for me). I wish it were a summer thing. I only attempted nanowrimo once and got so swept up with school work I didn't get very far at all.

Points to the houses of all who stick to this and even get halfway to their goals.

I think it's probably the best way to get a first draft of a novel written though, to just sit down and 'git er done' so they say.