Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Writers' Journals (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Suze Poetry (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4837)

Suzerain of Sheol 05-25-2011 09:56 PM

Hmm... forgot about my own topic.

Well, I'll have to make up for it. Here's two, both of them about Lucifer the Morning star. I find something romantically baroque about the myth of his Fall.

In Victory's Garden

In Purest Plummet

Suzerain of Sheol 05-28-2011 10:51 PM

This one, for the record, has nothing to do with my username, beyond my like of the word, I suppose. It's about the sociological force of religion over human history.

Suzerain

Suzerain of Sheol 06-01-2011 10:25 PM

I wrote this one today. It's rather odd, being a single sentence over twenty lines long, but I think it flows well enough that that isn't a problem. I wrote it on a whim, musing on the perspective of a stillborn child. 'Cause that's a normal thing to do.

Biography of a Stone

Fiyero 06-02-2011 04:55 PM

I enjoyed reading your poetry!
What I read was all rather good.

Suzerain of Sheol 06-02-2011 06:47 PM

I appreciate you commenting. Thank you for the compliment. :)

Suzerain of Sheol 06-08-2011 10:43 AM

Consolation and a Marble Lamb

Suzerain of Sheol 07-11-2011 01:25 AM

Wow, has it really been a month since I last wrote a poem?

Momentary

Suzerain of Sheol 07-19-2011 12:13 AM

Hallowing the Hollow

Suzerain of Sheol 07-21-2011 12:15 AM

Settlement

Lost_Muse 07-21-2011 01:59 AM

Your poetry is good, way better then mine will every be. Savour This and Choking on Roses would have to be my two favorites. I do enjoy Salvation as well, to me it sounds like death is talking to his latest conquest, while Cardiophage reminds me of the tale of Apollo and Daphne, but that just me.

Anyway I'm going to go and hide in my cave now. Bye.

Quiet Man Cometh 07-21-2011 05:03 AM

Your prolificness makes me jealous Suzerain. I'm still fighting with my apoc. poem and nothing new has yet struck my fancy. I've rewritten a couple poems not to my liking and have yet another shell of a potential poem with nothing of substance to put in it.

Want to trade a couple unfinished pieces and see if we can work through them? :p.

Suzerain of Sheol 07-21-2011 10:39 AM

Haha. We have very different poem-writing-processes, Quiet. Mine come very organically, never taking more than an hour to write. To use George Martin's analogy, gardening vs. architecture. Which is ironic, because I'm definitely an architect when it comes to stories.

And, Lost Muse, thank you for the comments. It's always nice to know someone's reading. :)

Quiet Man Cometh 07-22-2011 02:27 AM

Haiku are organic for me, but most poems are usually a mix. What drives me nuts is when I have, let's say, a growing wildflower that is too small to survive yet and needs some non-organic help. I can leave it be for who knows how long for it to finish on it's own, or I can try to nudge things along. That's where "Post" is right now.

Suzerain of Sheol 07-22-2011 11:01 AM

Should I know what "Post" is? I can't remember anything you showed me or mention with that title.

Suzerain of Sheol 08-04-2011 12:53 AM

This... sounded better in my head. :|

A Private Apophasis

Espy 08-04-2011 03:22 AM

-stares for a few seconds-

Whoa. Nice...er...turnabout there. althoughitcreepsmeout.