Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   I'm so weird! (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22396)

Panda 03-27-2017 03:54 PM

I'm so weird!

I feel like I'm the only person that can draw, but can't seem to pixel. I should be able to pixel, if I can draw, but I can't. Maybe because I never really pixel before. XD

Glitch 03-27-2017 05:21 PM

I can pixel but uhm, my drawings are not so good?

so there is that o-o

like see my signature there. . .that and toho's signature are about the only thing i can draw XD

I JUST LIKE TO MAKE EVERYTHING TINY!
Big things are so hard!

Lawtan 03-27-2017 06:17 PM

Actually having the same issue: I don't know how to make/preserve sufficient detail in 100x100 pixel frames without it looking somewhat grainy and losing my shading.

Gallagher 03-27-2017 06:25 PM

it's not that surprising, really. they're entirely different skill-sets that happen to have some similar foundations. that's like saying that you should be able to paint on canvas because you can draw fine on paper. yes, your existing skills will go a long way in getting you there, but there's still a lot of new things you need to learn. your tools, the techniques behind the medium, etc. it's a whole new experience.

that's the same reason why some people are better at traditional drawing and some at digital. yes, you can apply what you learn about anatomy and shapes and shading to any medium, but there's a lot more to it than that.

Lawtan 03-27-2017 06:30 PM

Tutorials or guides may help...

Panda 03-29-2017 03:48 AM

That's true, I should totally try and get into pixeling though!

Poggio 03-30-2017 09:50 PM

Lol, yeah I have seen a lot of tutorials, including the ones specifically made for this site, and my pixels still do not actually look like pixels. I have that one that uses MS paint and a smudge tool too, or reducing it in photoshop. I kind of decided to just stick to paper.

uncledaddy 04-25-2017 10:18 AM

that's not weird! i've tried a few times, but i just can't figure out pixeling. which is a shame, because i'd have loved to contribute to avatar sites in all the time i've been on them. it definitely involves a different skill set from just drawing, either digitally or traditionally, despite the overlaps.

Tsukimiya 06-28-2017 11:10 AM

I would love to learn how to pixel.. Draw I can sort of do. Its weird I can only draw when I'm actually really inspired to do so. Otherwise my drawings end up being stick figures.
I wonder if I can pixel well if really inspired to?

Anyone have any favorite tutorial sites you can recommend for pixeling? And is there a specific software or will Paint suffice?

SparX 06-28-2017 11:14 AM

I use gimp myself, since I cant afford ps. There are tons of different apps and software for drawing

Tsukimiya 06-28-2017 11:16 AM

So it does require more than what Paint can handle then? I can try GIMP and see if my computer can run it xD

SparX 06-28-2017 11:19 AM

It should be able to. My laptop is utter shit sometimes, and I cant run youtube or be on trisphee while doodling, but it has most of the stuff ps does
You can do layers, and blending, airbrush, paintbrush, pencils.
You can also download different brushes so you can do specific effects like fire or galaxy or trees etc etc.
There are quite a few tutorials to us it also which will help
But in the long run you will still want to find something better one day XD

Gallagher 06-28-2017 10:26 PM

i like paint.net the best, it's very light on my system. layers and infinite undo, all the basic tools. great for pixeling. not so for more serious digital painting.

Serra Britt 06-29-2017 12:32 AM

As long as you don't need text, Krita is pretty good. It can be a pretty heavy load though.

Espy 06-29-2017 03:03 AM

Yeah, I'm reasonably good with traditional media, but you wouldn't really be able to tell from my digital stuff. And pixeling is hard :|