Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Central Square (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Milk (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23579)

Pinkvaders 11-05-2018 04:51 AM

Milk

I went to Target the other day and they had these Tazo Chai latte mixes on sale, and these things are usually around $5 on their own, and I bought them and you're supposed to mix them with milk.

So I bring home two cartons of milk, and when I got home, I noticed that we have four other cartons of milk already in the fridge. I don't pay attention to the contents of the fridge much because I don't really have an appetite these days, so I normally drink a lot of water/juice, and snack on pumpkin seeds/cashews.

I've noticed that as I've been drinking more milk lately (loooool we have so much milk right now), that I've had bad stomach pains every time I drink it but I have to finish off these drink mix things bc I bought them and I hate wasting, even though I'm notorious for it.

I don't know if stomach cramps are normal, but I've been having some hella stomach cramps from drinking all of this milk. Has anyone else ever had these types of issues and at what point should I consider involving a doctor?

Gallagher 11-05-2018 05:00 AM

lactose intolerance = every time i have too much dairy, yes

even one glass of milk is off the table

try picking up a tablet or chewable for lactose intolerance, see if that helps. if you didn't have an intolerance before you might be developing one. or just cut back on the milk. no doctor involvement needed unless you start, like, bleeding out or something.

Mekatra 11-05-2018 11:14 AM

What Galla said. Not to be indelicate, but do the cramps come with any other symptoms?

It is also possible you have a sensitivity to the protein casein if you notice that you get an upset stomach after eating hard cheese or yogurts since they contain more casein than lactose.

Pinkvaders 11-05-2018 03:47 PM

The cramps don't really come with any other symptoms that I've noticed, but I've also noticed ice cream will do the same thing to me as well. I've never had any issues with milk in the past, so I suppose there is a possibility I could be developing something.

mdom 11-05-2018 04:03 PM

Sometimes lactose intolerance worsens with age.
I have a friend who won't stop complaining that she used to be able to have milk-shakes, but now she can't.

Den 11-05-2018 10:13 PM

I have sensitivity problems where milk is concerned. I can have pretty much anything that has been fermented or changed into cheese, but I have to limit my intake of ice cream, and a glass of milk is just asking for trouble.

Mekatra 11-05-2018 10:27 PM

I'm the same with the I can comfortably eat cheese, but I have to be careful with ice cream. 2% milk is okay in very small quantities but I don't like it.

Den 11-05-2018 10:57 PM

I just opt for soy, rice, or almond milk.

Mekatra 11-05-2018 11:07 PM

I like dark chocolate cashew milk, it's super creamy and delicious.

Den 11-06-2018 12:58 AM

I've yet to try cashew milk. I keep meaning to, but I tend to forget.

Coda 11-06-2018 01:05 AM

I've been using cashew milk for breakfast for a while, just because it's got the fewest calories of the available options and I need to lose 40-60 pounds. Personally I prefer the plain variety; the vanilla flavor is just a bit too strong for me and I'd rather taste my cereal. Honestly I think I like almond milk slightly better, but cashew is still pretty good.

Mekatra 11-06-2018 01:55 AM

Almond Milk is really easy to make, for the record.

You just soak 1 cup of almonds overnight in cool water, drain, then blend the heck out of them with 5 cups regular filtered water. Get a thin dish towel and strain your mixture through it, squeeze out the excess liquid... then refrigerate. Apparently it only lasts four or so days, but if you use it a lot then it's cheaper and tastier since you can blend any sweetners or taste enhancers you please into it.

Biomecha 11-06-2018 05:12 PM

I like macadamia and flax milk. The flax has a thinner consistency. Sometimes I'll mix the different types of milks. Still need to see what oat and hemp milks taste like. Probably because it's hard to find them without tons of sugar being added.

Natsunaine 11-06-2018 09:16 PM

Coconut milk is the best *w* I have always loved it that and almond milk