Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Stargate SG-1 (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8178)

Helsinki Harlot 05-03-2012 05:44 AM

Stargate SG-1

I know the series has ended, but it played tonight on the syfy channel. And all of it's on netflix.

So, who else here is a fan of O' Neil and the gang? And who wants to geek out about it? :D <3

Alpha 05-03-2012 03:15 PM

I've watched every single episode and all the movies. Only thing I haven't seen was the cartoon series they tried to spin off, but it didn't do so well so looks like I didn't miss out on much.

Personally, once O'Neil was promoted and even when he was frozen it went kinda downhill since it started getting a bit mundane with the villains and save the world stuff. Still not a bad series, but it had its time and did well.

Ashy 05-03-2012 04:48 PM

yeah it get better when they brought vala in >.>

gremlin 05-03-2012 06:06 PM

Holy shit I love Stargate.
I was thinking about posting a thread about it a week or so ago and I'm so glad someone finally did. xD
I LOVE SG-1. <3
I started to watch it with my man and we're on season 3, episode twenty-one!~

Red Calypso 05-03-2012 06:20 PM

I wasn't a huge fan but I liked it. I watched it off and on, so there's a lot of it I'm not familiar with. Teal'c is easily my favorite character.

gremlin 05-03-2012 06:23 PM

Teal'c is the best, I love Christopher Judge. ; A;
This thread is making me want to watch SG-1 now.

Red Calypso 05-03-2012 07:24 PM

I'll be honest. These days I'm more into fanfic than watching the show.

gremlin 05-03-2012 07:43 PM

I don't really want to think about how many potentially awful and weird fan-fiction there is out there rofl.

Red Calypso 05-03-2012 08:09 PM

More than I care to think about. But then you find the absolute gems, that you find yourself reading and rereading.

gremlin 05-03-2012 08:09 PM

Oh yeah of course... I just wish all of the horrible, confusing fan-fictions didn't exist. xD

Red Calypso 05-03-2012 08:12 PM

I avoid them like the plague. It's pretty easy to tell from the first paragraph or two what kind it is.

gremlin 05-03-2012 08:17 PM

I've never really looked into Stargate fan-fiction but I can just... guess. xD

Red Calypso 05-03-2012 08:32 PM

If anyone is interested in a few of my favorites, just mail me.

To get back on topic, what are your favorite episodes?

Helsinki Harlot 05-03-2012 09:09 PM

Hell yeah! So happy there's so much Stargate love.

And O'Neill sold the show to me. He's my favorite character. I stopped watching once he dissapeared and I've tried to watch other crew mix ups but I can't do it, I just can't. Which is why I put SG-1 at the top. :] <333 Daniel also has a soft spot in my heart because of his archaeological nerdyness.

I didn't even know there was a cartoon series, I feel like it's probably pretty bad.

And I don't know about favorite episode yet, since I'm re-watching it all on netflix. I'm currently on Season 2 ep; 11.

I skipped around a little bit and watched a few episodes after that because I forgot where I was but the Fifth Race and Holiday were pretty good episodes. (Still in S2)

Red Calypso 05-03-2012 11:01 PM

My favorite eps are the ones that showcase Teal'c, naturally. For instance, the one with the young girl with the watergun.

Helsinki Harlot 05-03-2012 11:16 PM

Just watched that one. I love the ending to it. Another one of my favorites Teal'c scenes is actually in Holiday, mainly 'cause it shows off the acting skills they have in the body switch. I thought that was pretty cool.