Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nocturnalis Night of Tricks 2018 (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   The Barn Owl Shack (...now with coffee?) (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23553)

Espy 10-24-2018 12:37 AM

The Barn Owl Shack (...now with coffee?)

On a dare, you enter a seemingly abandoned shack. It’s quiet. Almost too quiet. You fidget with the screen of your phone, and suddenly hear something shuffling around high above you. Tentatively, you look up, and nearly drop your source of dim light as you take a step back in alarm. Half a dozen pairs of nearly-glowing eyes stare back at you from various angles.

From deeper within the dilapidated lean-to, you hear a hoarse and muffled bark of a laugh. A lantern flickers to life, and you realize that you are very much not alone. The orange lamplight illuminates the many barn owls perched on the rafters above you, and you can make out some aspects of the stranger at the far end of the shack, including a brown jacket of some sort, as well as something dark leaning against a wall behind them. There are no distinctive facial features to speak of — at least none that are visible in the relative gloom. For a moment, you wonder if this person chose their avian companions on account of both having somewhat disturbing visages, or the lack thereof.

Before you can muster up a proper greeting, the figure pats a spot on the ground next to them; it’s covered in bits of straw and a smattering of pebbles, but thankfully void of owl pellets.

“The night is long. Come, sit with me a while.”

Espy 10-24-2018 12:39 AM

I may or may not be doing some minigames later on — been quite busy lately. But feel free to sit and chat.

...I can’t believe I typed all that, twice even, on my phone. Ow, my eyes. ...I may also have made the description vague enough so that I could switch to being CRT and it would still work.

ANYWAYS, open for chatting.

mdom 10-24-2018 12:46 AM

OWLS!! I LOVE OWLS!!!

Espy 10-24-2018 12:47 AM

Heh. Clearly, I do too.

...If I could have any sort of creature as a familiar, it would probably be a fox barn-owlgriffin.

Witchchylde 10-24-2018 12:54 AM

Er. We can differentiate by sight alone between pebbles and owl pellets, yeah?

mdom 10-24-2018 12:55 AM

Your creature would be many creatures, is that what you're saying xD

Espy 10-24-2018 12:58 AM

No, a griffin with both barn owl and vulpine features.

Owl pellets are quite different, visually, from pebbles, unlike rabbit pellets. Owl scat usually has bits of fur and bone, and kind of looks like a grisly, gristly lint ball.

mdom 10-24-2018 01:02 AM

ooh right |D I was imagining a fox + owl + griffin xD

Batty 10-24-2018 01:09 AM

YAY NOX!!
I'm super excited.

Derpy McBlueEyes 10-24-2018 01:13 AM

Derpy waves up at the owls. "Hi fwends!"

Biomecha 10-24-2018 01:27 AM

Will there be spooky stories like the power going out in the middle of an update?

Quiet Man Cometh 10-24-2018 01:54 AM

Owls are cool. I like the big gnarly guy in the Secret of Nimh.

Barn owls are neat looking but I tend to like the snowies.

Quiet Man Cometh 10-24-2018 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espy (Post 1878293)
No, a griffin with both barn owl and vulpine features.

I can make that!

Type of fox?
Which features are which? Taloned feet? Paws? Bird head? Fox head?

...okay, I'm going to *try* and make it. Wouldn't be the most complicated mixed fantasy critter I've tried.

Crowly 10-24-2018 02:00 AM

I love me some spooky stuff, and I love those spooky event items.

Batty 10-24-2018 02:00 AM

So many events starting today, I cant keep up xD

KittyBeary 10-24-2018 02:22 AM

Owls :3 <33333