Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Club House (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   //|| Lawtan's__Library || ||\\ (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19692)

Espy 02-23-2014 08:56 PM

Hm....Gawain and the Green Knight, Canterbury Tales, Beowulf...

You also need a lot more Shakespeare.

Lawtan 02-23-2014 09:19 PM

...and Gilgamesh, Ba'al Hadad, Odyssey, Iliad, Aeneid, the Greek plays, etc.

>.> Shakespeare isn't as great to me, as most make him out to be. <.<
(I'll add his stuff eventually, and rhyming will be the end of me.)

I liked Midsummer's Night Dream, Macbeth, Hamlet, and a Comedy of Errors. I hated Othello.

Gallagher 02-23-2014 09:21 PM

Alright, I have some for you. Most of my references are for roleplaying purposes, but still.

DID SOMEONE SAY SHAKESPEARE? William Shakespeare including facts about his life, his influence, and full copies of his works (plays, sonnets, you name it).

Super fun site on speaking British.

Heraldry site with tons of meanings for everything, because they actually design coats of arms and things. Brilliant as a quick guide.

Tree symbolism site, another fun one, has some quizzes and an actual guide for a good number of trees.

Medieval Medicine, most specifically, expanding on common thoughts of their practices and attitudes.

Simple one on Aura colors, or if not your thing, Psychology of colors. Includes a quick and dirty page on the differences in color meanings between cultures.

My personal go-to page when I need to brush up on tetragametic chimerism.

Astrology. Suggested you have some basis knowledge before getting a chart done.

Information on Medieval names for tons of different cultures.

Handy survival skills album for those of us that were never scouts or camping people.

Fauxreal 02-23-2014 09:54 PM

Damn Gall, did you leave some of the internet still on the internet!?

Gallagher 02-23-2014 09:59 PM

Oh yes. That was about half of my references.

Fauxreal 02-23-2014 10:06 PM

Lolz. I'm just here for the conversation and coffee and books... :D

Lawtan 02-23-2014 10:09 PM

*Is looking through Galla's links* Some of these may fall under "odds and ends"...
...tree quiz...Birch, Willow, and Hawthorn...Innocent, Sad, Feminine, Hopeful? How am I feminine? (Not a bad thing, but prefers neutrality)
Yay! I may actually be able to use the Medieval Medicine thing for my Permaculture class!
...I use Astro for Astrology charts, and am taking Astronomy in the hopes of learning the basics of Star mapping.

...I have 24 sites up right now...O____O

Fauxreal 02-23-2014 10:15 PM

So - Law is prolific. :)

Lawtan 02-24-2014 12:18 PM

Or overdoing things...Likely the latter <.<

So, I'll be focusing on the non-mythological things for a while... (feel free to suggest more, but I may not get around to them for a few days)

Sadrain 02-24-2014 12:29 PM

I would like to add some, but I am not quite sure I will have interesting reads online.
Oh, hmm, how about this, I personally researched for a character and really liked it:
Traditional Persian instruments.

Fauxreal 02-24-2014 05:22 PM

Hiya Sad! Where have you been hiding? *whispers* In the adult section?

Arikana 02-24-2014 05:45 PM

*pokes head in and glances around*

Hello? :o

Fauxreal 02-24-2014 06:08 PM

Hey Ari! Nice of you to come to the Library!

Lawtan 02-24-2014 08:55 PM

*Nods to Ari and Sad* Welcome. And thank you for your contribution to the Library, Sadrain. <3

Gallagher 02-24-2014 08:57 PM

I am lol'ing because my listed contributions are only like half of what I gave you.

And I added 3 more to my collection for Camelot today. :s-laugh:

Lawtan 02-24-2014 09:00 PM

;_;

*Resolves to work even harder*

*Truth: I've avoided many of my links as they are not the best/most accurate...and many I have simply lost as this library will be my first real record of such things*