Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Club House (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   🎲Natural 20! A D&D Hangout🎲 -GRAND OPENING- (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23641)

Linkle 12-20-2018 10:15 AM

🎲Natural 20! A D&D Hangout🎲 -GRAND OPENING-

🎲Hail, and Well Met!🎲

Greetings Adventurers! I am your Dungeon Master, Zilvra, and this? Oh this is Natural 20! A Dungeons and Dragons hangout. Here is a place to discuss anything revolving around the infamous Tabletop RPG, including personal experiences, Podcasts, stories we heard, and more! If it has anything to do with Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, or things of that ilk, it can and should be talked about here!

Oh but Zil! You're so smart, and pretty, and wise beyond your years, what is Dungeons and Dragons? Oh silly, Dungeons and Dragons is a Tabletop Role Playing Game, played with sheets and dice, where a Dungeon Master, or DM, GM< or Game Master, run the players though a setting, of their choosing!

One of the best things about D&D is how easy it is to get into, even if you can't play yourself! Over the passed several years, many people have started up Podcasts and series revolving around playing! In the next few posts, I'll rec some good podcasts, link to blogs that talk about the darn things Players say, and maybe even hold a contest or two one day!

So, take a seat, maybe browse the other posts I make for podcast recs, and prepare to ROLL! FOR! INITIATIVE!

Linkle 12-20-2018 10:58 AM

🎲Recs, and Those Good D&D Blogs🎲

So, say you either cannot play D&D for some reason, or you want the D&D Experience without the socialization. Sometimes you just don't want to do the socializing, sometimes work or other things get in the way of forming a group both Online and Offline. You can't, but you NEED to get that fix!

Maybe you CAN' and DO play, but that need to eat dice
get more of that sweet, sweet D&D!

I got you covered! Below is a list of D&D podcasts that I think you'll enjoy!

---Podcasts and D&D Based Series I'd rec---

---Fun D&D Based Blogs and Posts!---

I will most definitely add more things as I find them!

Linkle 12-20-2018 11:02 AM

🎲Contests!🎲

Because I'm running a hangout, and sometimes you just want to hold a contest you know? Any contests I decide to hold will be posted here!

-Current Contests!-

-Past Contests-

Linkle 12-20-2018 11:03 AM

🎲Updates🎲

Death by Mirrors 12-21-2018 09:33 AM

I shall try and sneak into the hangout, so I can lurk in the shadows.
https://i.imgur.com/YbYwvK9.png

Linkle 12-21-2018 10:30 AM

So against your stealth I rolled a 14 perception, and my passive perception is already a 16.

You fail to sneak passed me. GG.

I totally don't make charter sheets for my avis for fun.

Death by Mirrors 12-21-2018 11:28 AM

Well, hello then! Nice to meet you!

eta: and I challenge your passive perception 16 based on the observation both blogs link to "shit my players say" :P

Linkle 12-21-2018 10:23 PM

Hello nice to meet you too!!

B-but i'm just a simple idiot wizard Sorcerer! ;w;
I'll fix that promptly.

Espy 12-22-2018 06:21 AM

Wait shit, I should def make char sheets for my avi(s).

Death by Mirrors 12-22-2018 07:15 AM

Yep. Yes, you should.

Linkle 12-22-2018 12:22 PM

Espy, do it! it's fun!

This one wound up an Artifacer and now I'm drawing her because I'm playing her come next year in a game now.

Funny how that works out.

Mekatra 12-24-2018 10:33 PM

Okay but which edition character sheets are you gonna use?

Death by Mirrors 12-25-2018 04:20 AM

Everyone gets to use their favorite sheet and the DM tears their hair out while desperately trying to bring them down to a common denominator.

Espy 12-25-2018 05:16 AM

I’ve actually never played D&D before. Surprisingly.

Death by Mirrors 12-25-2018 05:39 AM

You can also use a Call of Cthulhu sheet. The DM won't even notice.

Mekatra 12-25-2018 11:58 PM

Nah, I think I'll break the whole d20 mold entirely and use one from World of Darkness.

Death by Mirrors 12-26-2018 05:49 AM

That sounds like a quite Malkavian thing to do.

Linkle 12-26-2018 09:14 AM

Joke's on ALL OF YOU, you all get Pokemon Tabletop unliminted sheets
and the game is 4e
and you're all going to be Mind Flayers

Death by Mirrors 12-26-2018 09:48 AM

4e sucks, but I'll definitely be abusing the heck out of my chance to be a mind flayer for once. Mewtwo is my starter and I taught mine to talk with an Irish accent but only make sarcastic comments.

Linkle 12-26-2018 09:51 AM

4e does suck, but i found that a DM willing to make the needed changes to it can make it fun again.

Also that sounds like way too much fun tbh. His nickname is Darragh.

Quiet Man Cometh 02-08-2019 06:31 AM

*Arises from under the gaming table wearing fuzzy wolf DMing hat and gargoyle necklace and wielding the blue dice of vindictiveness.*

D&D is the core atoms hiding beneath the shiny packaging of every video game that makes you tougher as you play. People only think the don't play it!

So hi! I'm me, and he (points to avatar) is Felix, my warlock, currently 5e. He happens to speak mind-flayer. I DM when I can manage to run the odd adventure for my family group, which is pretty rare. Otherwise, I play online through Roll20. I've got my feet planted into the glorious customization pit that is 3.5, but 5e does have some lovely features and options to swipe. I actually started with D&D video games like Baldur's Gate, and Menzoberranzan before playing with pen and paper. My brother taught my sister and I, and our dad taught him. He has regrets. We do not.

Death by Mirrors 02-09-2019 06:40 AM

Life is too short for regrets anyway. Especially when you're shooting bolts at the one way portal leading from the evil gargoyle's lair to the hallway you stand in. DM even allowed us three hits before the "surprise" beast grumpily investigated who disturbed its slumber.

Quiet Man Cometh 02-09-2019 08:11 AM

How are you shooting bolts through a one-way portal? Or is this a gargoyle in a bucket scenario?

Death by Mirrors 02-11-2019 01:33 PM

At the portal. Not through it.
They glanced off that suspicious thing the warlock swore was a portal. Well, it was a portal after all, only wrong side facing us. He later described it as "Knock-knock-knocking on Hell's door".

Linkle 02-11-2019 09:39 PM

IT LIVE

I'm supposed to set up for my Thursday game but Final Fantasy XIV ate me.

So...anyone got any tips for dealing with a player who constantly backseat Dms and forgets that...well as Gm i'm the one who makes calls.

Espy 02-12-2019 01:52 AM

Look them in the eyes while rolling your dice around in your hands and muttering "to yourself" what sort of traps you can lay.

If it's online... welp, IDK. I'm not good with human interaction without the implications that a good stare can hold.

Linkle 02-12-2019 09:25 PM

TBH I might just message him and ask him to let me handle calls. I appreciate his help sometimes but he will constantly talk over me or talk before I can answer. Which...is kinda bad when you're NOT the DM.

Quiet Man Cometh 02-13-2019 03:21 AM

What is it that he's usually saying? Is he correcting you with book rules, or saying things like "I'd do this.." etc?

If it's the former, I usually just up and say "my game, my rules!" If players are being disruptive I have a table on hand and pick up the dice and yell "roll for wandering monsters!" and if they don't sort themselves out, in comes whatever popped up on the table.

On youtube you can look up "Countermonkey" and find some good stories and tips about DMing.

Linkle 02-13-2019 05:53 AM

TBH i don't like Spoony at all, so i'd rather not watch Countermonkey.

he neds to talk over me when new players ask about rules, he also forgets that i, ahead of time btw, said these house rules are in play.

But i already messaged him abt it so i think things will be good hopefully.

Quiet Man Cometh 02-14-2019 06:33 AM

Ah. I haven't had that happen much, but that's probably because when it has happened, it's been with a regular group that plays with shared rules so I know the assisting player is telling them the right thing.

I spent some time today pulling apart dungeon tile sets that I bought maybe a decade ago and finally decided to actually use. I have minis and tiles and things but most of the time we just pick out some of my brother's old lead (yup. lead) minis and use a whipeboard for the maps.

On Spoony, I'm not as familiar with him as I could be, but I know things went sour. I like the countermonkeys though.

Linkle 02-14-2019 10:49 PM

They to each their own. I ain't here to monitor other peoples likes/dislikes.

I did have a bit of a talk with him, so hopefully things will get a bit better. However due to some stuff we'll have to wait till next week to see.

Witchchylde 04-02-2019 11:21 PM

I can suggest a few other D&D podcasts! There's Venture Maidens, and Roll Like a Girl, and The Broadswords, and d20 Dames... um, I may be a little fixated on all-girl realplay podcasts.

Also, when dealing with someone trying to basically usurp your role as the GM, I find the stadium horn whenever they speak out of turn works wonders.

Linkle 04-03-2019 09:51 PM

so far he seems to have gotten in line.

also i'm ok with all girl ones. most of the ones i listen to thankfully have girls in them but u know...there are all guy ones so some with all girls are...good. i'll add hem to the front page later for anyone to check out!!

Gogandantes 09-15-2019 02:15 PM

ive never been the biggest fan of this but contests sound cool.