Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   2019 Reading Challenge (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23663)

trystan830 01-20-2019 09:41 PM

you're welcome!

well, they're different. Extinction.exe reminded me of a Black Mirror episode, and The Old Days definitely had that "Lovecraft" twist to it. but i think i liked Extinction.exe lots

Merskelly Metalien 01-21-2019 01:38 AM

<:D I love black mirror. I must admit, I wish I could write a black mirror episode!
Ahh! <x] Well, I'm glad you enjoyed them both. ^-^ I hope to write more short stories in the future.

In the meantime, I'm going to start reading The Picture of Dorian Grey. ^u^ I love reading when I have no idea what I'm in for..>u>

Oh, and by the way, xD Am I the only one who makes faces that reflects what I'm reading when I read???

trystan830 01-21-2019 01:49 AM

i love Black Mirror, too, i've seen all of it as well. my younger daughter just started watching it earlier today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien (Post 1890873)
Oh, and by the way, xD Am I the only one who makes faces that reflects what I'm reading when I read???

nope, i make faces at my reading too XD

Merskelly Metalien 01-21-2019 02:14 AM

xD haha! glad I'm not the only one! I just get so immersed! Don't you just love that? :]

trystan830 01-21-2019 12:32 PM

nope.

i love getting immersed in what i'm reading

Kaderin Triste 01-21-2019 06:07 PM

I'll be honest, I don't actually know if I make faces when I'm reading or not. Because my cats can't tell me and I often get so involved in the story that I forget my surroundings, let alone what my face is doing.
XD

Merskelly Metalien 01-22-2019 02:23 AM

<x} I can't help my expression so, if you're immersed in reading you might be subconsciously smiling at a funny or heartwarming moment, or looking stern when reading about two characters having tension or fighting. I'd wager it'd be kinda funny watching someone else read and finding them doing the same thing. xD
Sometimes I read something hilarious and burst out in laughter or something just wholesome and end up rolling around and clutching the book wanting to cry joyfully. <x3

Kaderin Triste 01-22-2019 03:26 AM

I don't get as into books when reading in a public area or around other people. Mainly because I am super self-conscious, so I'm actually really worried about making faces at my book or other reactions....so yeah....whether I make faces when I read or not shall always remain a mystery.
But when alone, I do sometimes chuckle to myself about funny/clever bits or cry when something really sad happens.

trystan830 01-22-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste (Post 1890919)
I do sometimes chuckle to myself about funny/clever bits or cry when something really sad happens.

oh good, i'm not the only one then.

Merskelly Metalien 01-22-2019 10:33 PM

<w<; I'll admit...one time in my school library I forgot where I was when I was reading something with a twist in it, and just blurted out "What?!" right out of nowhere, and made like, three people look up in confusion. <x}
and then I left to hide in some obscure corner out of sheer embarrassment.. o-o;

trystan830 01-22-2019 10:50 PM

aww....

the time i did that, i was in bed, at night, pretty sure hubby was asleep next to me, and i'm reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. when the character announced "I am the Half-Blood Prince!" i sat straight up in bed and said "what??!" hubby didn't wake up though

Merskelly Metalien 01-22-2019 11:08 PM

x} Haha it must've been quite the surprise!
I didn't have the luxury of reading the Half-Blood Prince first and finding it out, because I saw all the movies first. <x'D Haha, it wasn't as crazy a surprise in the movies tho.

The reaction was more, ">:3 Ooo." than "What?! 8o"

trystan830 01-22-2019 11:44 PM

oh i was very surprised. i'm the person who doesn't catch most foreshadowing until 5 seconds before it's revealed, so....

Merskelly Metalien 01-23-2019 03:49 AM

x} hahaha, I'm just the opposite, I anticipate and try to spoil a surprise before it comes my way, and I end up predicting it..but for you, in a way it's nice not catching on right away because such surprises are always received with, well...surprise! :D

trystan830 01-23-2019 12:01 PM

yep. i like surprises.

when i started watching this one tv show, the fandom was.... well, 'crazy' is a nice word, and they hated almost everything the show did, so i was very into spoilers so i could refute their hatred. i did that for like 5 seasons, it got very tiring. now, no more spoilers for anything (if i can help it, that is)

Merskelly Metalien 01-24-2019 03:56 AM

:] Ohhhh. Yes, always avoid spoilers if possible! -u- A good rule to remember.
Even though I get super curious sometimes and really really want to spoil it just to be on the same page as everyone else or ahead of everyone else, but, <x{ I mustn't! No more never again! -n-
So now...I don't watch...shows. X'D anymore. haha.

Well, that isn't true entirely. <u<; I watch..ehhh, Stranger Things and like...RWBY..but I largely ignore the fanbase, especially for RWBY. >~>;;
But I like to watch shows when all the hype and stuff has died down when the series is over entirely. -u- I loved watching Doctor Who, but I'm so far behind now, and just lost interest after a while. :[
So now most of the shows I watch now are on Netflix or Amazon Prime. And I don't really watch a whole lot of them to begin with. ^~^; hehe..