Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   2019 Reading Challenge (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23663)

Merskelly Metalien 03-20-2019 04:27 PM

>w> heheheh, I once took a tally of all the types of dirty dishes in my sink and calculated a predicted time at which I would finish washing them all, based on each dishes' specific washing-time and converting the seconds into minutes...;u; And I absolutely hated math class? xD Why brain??

trystan830 03-20-2019 04:28 PM

brains are weird. that's all i got XD

Merskelly Metalien 03-20-2019 06:15 PM

<x} Brains are weird! Hahah! I agree.

trystan830 03-20-2019 10:47 PM

yep, i know of what i speak, says the woman with the weird brain. XD

Merskelly Metalien 03-20-2019 10:58 PM

Oh wait. o.o The brain is responsible for thinking up responses and orchestrating the actions of visual communication via signals to type letters in the order to form words to form sentences with meaning, making a message...so,...0.0

Oh my gosh! OcO Am I the weird brain? I think I am, xD I don't have a weird brain, I AM the weird brain! Mind blown! x'D Brains are so weird! Haha

Quiet Man Cometh 03-20-2019 10:59 PM

Finished up Bunnicula meets Edgar Allan Crow. Not a lot of Bunnicula in there, but I do like the others. ;)

Reading I work at a public library now. Research. ;)

The past few days I've left work with new books. I've decided to investigate some graphic novels for my kids' bibliography, since I sort of overlooked them but they could be useful in getting a reluctant kid to actually read. The Zelda stuff is mostly on loan but I found the Majora's Mask GX.

I also picked up Cthulhu Tales, a YA graphic novel. Haven't read it yet but it looks modern (the characters have cell phones, for instance) so maybe some things were updated. I also discovered that there is a children's movie called "Howard Lovecraft and the Kingdom of Madness." He appears to have pet great old ones. Not sure. I do wonder what Lovecraft would have felt about being a cartoon.

trystan830 03-20-2019 11:01 PM

Merskelly - exactly!

Quiet Man - also check out notalwaysright.com for more fun and mayhem. XD

Merskelly Metalien 03-20-2019 11:06 PM

I should probably get back to my reading soon. <x}
I haven't read anything else on my list since those two volumes of Fruits Basket. Maybe I'll continue and finish Frankensteinnnnn. >3>

Quiet Man Cometh 03-20-2019 11:07 PM

The customer is never right! I hate that phrase with a passion I didn't realize until I stopped retail. Like I want to punch people in the face when I hear it. Probably because it tends to come with a &#%* grin that I want to smack into a policy manual a few times. It's really just code for "@%*$ole wants a power trip."

Pardon my rant.

Also, I notice that I've yet to actually read any of the books that started the year on my shelf. Still.

trystan830 03-20-2019 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh (Post 1893919)
The customer is never fight!

sorry, i giggled at your typo. and no, they're NOT always right.

my reading times are usually in the mornings mon-thurs, and at lunch all week (well, sunday is dinner time LOL)

Quiet Man Cometh 03-21-2019 09:43 PM

I find I'm reading through a fair amount on my break at work. Of course, I'm scoping out graphic novels and easy reads right now.

trystan830 03-21-2019 10:30 PM

i finished Navigating the Stars, and now i'm back to my Fellowship of the Ring reread

Quiet Man Cometh 03-23-2019 09:31 PM

Madly trying to find the right books for my bibliography. Forgot that I could read fairly fast, it's been a while. Kasey & Ivy is a book about a child's hospital stay, but I'm not so sure how I feel about it, given I'm inclined to reference my own experiences while reading.

Cthulhu Tales is kinda meh so far. A couple stories have been good, others feel sort of like regular horror with nothing particularly Lovecraft or Cthulhu feeling about them.

Tom Gates is amusing, good for the 'reluctant reader' set. I went back to get the first book but every single other one is gone.

I also picked up Bear Soldier because who doesn't want to read a juvenile fiction book about Wojtek?

trystan830 03-23-2019 10:53 PM

i love Lovecraft! some of my faves are Cool Air, the Outsider, and the Cats of Ulthar. =)

Quiet Man Cometh 03-24-2019 01:52 AM

I need to revisit the latter two. My favourite is The Shadow out of Time, and I've watched this Lovecraft youtube video commentating on Dunwich, Innsmouth, Call of Cthulhu, and Cool Air and it goes into his personal issues and the racism and such in this stories. I love it. It's fun. :D

I've been listening to audio stories before bed, because horror is great for that for some reason. I've liked one done of The Other Gods. I almost feel I should read my compendium again.

trystan830 03-24-2019 12:58 PM

i like most of Lovecraft's stories, but it's been a while since i've reread them. do you have a link to that youtube vid?