Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Central Square (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Shout Into The Void (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23588)

Stabbsworth 09-23-2019 12:07 PM

why do you need a chainsaw to eat pumpkin

Merskelly Metalien 09-23-2019 12:12 PM

>:] To make a huge fall-scented mess in the kitchen! Why else? /x}

Stabbsworth 09-23-2019 12:18 PM

sounds like chaos.

Merskelly Metalien 09-23-2019 12:25 PM

It does. :]

Espy 09-23-2019 01:59 PM

FUCK

Merskelly Metalien 09-23-2019 04:32 PM

>:{ YES! I concur with that mood! *shakes fist in air*

Kory 09-23-2019 11:37 PM

I was feeling pretty bad today.
I'm okay and "safe" for now, I guess...

I was really down. But I'm so happy that there are still really nice people out there. :)

I'm happy to be here.

And I hope that, with enough support from friends, I'll be able to help myself and get out of the bad situation I'm in

bluebird 09-24-2019 05:49 PM

me soloing group work, and prof coming up to me like "how's it going? everything alright"

Merskelly Metalien 09-24-2019 06:54 PM

Omg, that is entirely accurate! <x'}

Also,
>.>;...I haven't played Minecraft in a while...
<-<; mph...but homework...

Kory 09-24-2019 07:00 PM

College and Uni seem so hard!

I took my last three years of high school online, so thankfully NO "GROUP" WORK!! :D

I remember being in middle school once and I was unfortunately partnered with a girl who barely came to school...
I did all the research and all the work on our debate. (Which was unfortunately a topic I didn't even believe in, 'pros of animal testing'.) And she didn't even SHOW UP for the day of our debate. >:T The teacher postponed our debate for another day and when she DID show up, she did absolutely NO work at all. She literally sat down and was like, "Hey, so, you did the research, right?"

And I ended up getting so pissed off because our debate was basically just me, so I told the teacher and he waived my grade, since the grade was based on "group effort", like, our grade was "Shared" and we got a higher grade if we won the debate.

>:T

I loved online school, but it was hard for me to manage my time at first...
I can't imagine how rough school is today! College and uni too?! Nah! Not for me lol

Coda 09-24-2019 07:45 PM

You're not necessarily supposed to believe in the things you're trying to argue for assignments. The point of assignments like that is to teach you how to be a dispassionate scholar that can objectively work with information despite one's own biases. There's ALWAYS a "pro" to the opposing side. If there wasn't, there wouldn't BE an opposing side. The debate comes from trying to weigh the advantages and disadvantages, and you can't do that if you don't try to look at the other side.

Truth be told, college is in some ways easier than high school. You're taking fewer classes at a time and spending less time in a classroom. This gives you more time to focus on the things you need to work on. The biggest change from high school is that you have to be more responsible for your own work because you're not having a teacher reminding you what to do at every step of the way. And if you're already the kind of person that can succeed at online classes, college may not be that big of a problem.

Merskelly Metalien 09-24-2019 07:58 PM

:} *points at Coda* Truth.
<x} Uni is only hard depending on the class and teach.
Unlike high school, you can choose all your classes (provided they fit with your degree major and/minor) and ya get to meet or not meet people. <x} In high school, you have to know people. There's no choice. o-o Because you see them every day. :] I don't see my classmates every day, and I only talk to them briefly about class things. <u<; Not a whole lot of people I can click with on campus..

Espy 09-25-2019 02:26 AM

Constantly weirded out by the fact that I have two really distinct “voices” when I type.

Biomecha 09-25-2019 02:51 AM

If I can actually fall asleep, why do I have to wake up a couple of minutes later? It especially makes it even harder to get back to sleep.

Merskelly Metalien 09-25-2019 02:59 AM

I'm gonna totally ditch my one middle class tomorrow to prevent myself from falling asleep in it. >~>; And to get work done..and also have enough time to eat..

Stabbsworth 09-25-2019 09:12 AM

had a gender identity crisis again over the fact that if i came out, mum / bro / dad probably won't accept me as masculine, and i'm more or less ambivalent to being referred to as a girl.

it's a bit stupid at this point but god, i wish i could just be an eldritch monster. no gender presentation needed there. just tentacles, eyeballs and probably a mouth full of teeth. sharp, pointy teeth.