Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Central Square (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Shout Into The Void (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23588)

Merskelly Metalien 06-07-2019 07:21 PM

Uhh...what does it mean when the inner base of your thumb is itchy? o-O;

Coda 06-07-2019 11:43 PM

Dry skin or allergies, usually.

Merskelly Metalien 06-08-2019 03:29 AM

ah...o-o...makes sense since I don't use hand cream, like, ever. <x} haha.

Coda 06-08-2019 01:35 PM

I don't usually, either, but I do have a bottle of hand lotion around to use when the weather gets dry for just such an occasion.

Water alone isn't enough; it actually makes it worse. When I was younger I had times when my skin would get so dry that it would crack. I later found out that this was because I was trying to use water to soothe the discomfort of being dry, but when the water evaporated it would actually pull MORE moisture out of my skin.

Merskelly Metalien 06-08-2019 02:09 PM

>->; I gotta constantly carry around chapstick because I'm a lip biter, and rip my lip up if the skin is dry and cracked.

Kaderin Triste 06-08-2019 05:30 PM

Tbh, most generic, cheap chapsticks contain ingredients that actually dry out lips more, so I recommend a good lip balm instead. I get a lot of good, unique scented ones on Etsy (and from shops that started on Etsy, but expanded to their own shops), but for more readily available ones, Burt's Bees brand is pretty good. They cost a bit more, but are better than the cheapos.

(Just throwing this out there as an fyi...) >.>

Merskelly Metalien 06-08-2019 06:54 PM

Yehh, I like Burt's Bees better, tho the scent is kinda weird to me. >U>;

Kaderin Triste 06-08-2019 07:29 PM

I'm a pretty big fan of ForGoodnessGrape balms (online only). I even have some custom scents that I ordered shortly before the custom option was discontinued.

Biomecha 06-08-2019 07:57 PM

One of my favorite balms wound up being reformulated into something far worse. I just ended up using straight lanolin and find it better and longer lasting.

I've heard that certain hospital lip balms have a bit of a cult following, and have been meaning to find the particular brand to try it out.

Kaderin Triste 06-08-2019 08:15 PM

Oh no! I hate when they reformulate!
I have heard of lanolin being good, but personally I go with lanolin free ones (no real reason, just personal taste I guess). found a lot of great balms that use oils, shea butter and soy or beeswax that I like.

Am curious about the hospital lip balms as well. Probably won't try them, but would be curious about ingredients.

Coda 06-09-2019 01:13 PM

I've had good results with Blistex Medicated. I suppose if I didn't wait until it got that bad I wouldn't need something that strong.

Espy 06-10-2019 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien (Post 1897204)
Yehh, I like Burt's Bees better, tho the scent is kinda weird to me. >U>;

I usually go with the mint-scented Burt’s Bees. The pomegranate (?) one is nice, but it, uh, goes on a tiny bit red.

KittyBeary 06-11-2019 12:01 AM

LOTS OF FF7 REMAKE STUFF
BUT NEW VOICE CAST(mostly)
SQUARE WHY

Merskelly Metalien 06-11-2019 12:52 AM

Hungry. Sore. <x{ aaahhh!! AAAAAAAAAAH!
I hope I don't have any weird dreams tonight.

Merskelly Metalien 06-12-2019 11:36 PM

Crossing my fingers that I don't wake up nauseated again tomorrow... /=~=\; ugh..

Biomecha 06-16-2019 02:21 AM

Don't know why so many parking lots like to have excessive shrubbery to where you can't see oncoming cars.