Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Central Square (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Shout Into The Void (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23588)

Merskelly Metalien 01-26-2019 01:34 AM

0n0 Omg, I second that! *waves around a big sign that says NO SPOILERS in red paint*

KittyBeary 01-26-2019 04:20 AM

Lol hell yeah!!! XD

Kaderin Triste 01-26-2019 04:42 AM

Managed to finish up 3-ish hours of work without damaging my longest nails! (My polish popped off about 12 hours earlier than I hoped due to too many peel off polish layers *thanks, super sheer, milky, peel off thermal polish!)
Of course if I don't paint them immediately upon entering my apartment, they'll probably brush against a blanket and snap off. XP

Stabbsworth 01-26-2019 11:04 AM

made my own server out of spite for people that weren't handling a blacklisted thing properly. aye, sure, there's a rule against ship discourse and shit but jegus christ if it makes someone uncomfortable, it should be on the blacklist.

Coda 01-26-2019 11:51 AM

Gallagher 01-26-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voidbarker (Post 1891213)
made my own server out of spite for people that weren't handling a blacklisted thing properly. aye, sure, there's a rule against ship discourse and shit but jegus christ if it makes someone uncomfortable, it should be on the blacklist.

this post immediately gave me big YIKES vibes

i would not trust any server or website that blacklists things that make people """uncomfortable"""

nope, nuh-uh, shoot me first, I'M OUT

Espy 01-26-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gallagher (Post 1891232)
i would not trust any server or website that blacklists things that make people """uncomfortable"""

...? (interested in explanation but an explanation is not necessary)

Stabbsworth 01-26-2019 05:23 PM

would be nice if discord implemented spoiler tags.

i'd also be willing to hear the explanation if you feel up for it.

(i also had to delete steam. good fucking lord is TF2 a huge game.)

Gallagher 01-26-2019 08:20 PM

"uncomfortable" is a very loose, highly variable condition that is easily abused.

"uncomfortable" quickly gets twisted into wide net censorship in any hands, even well meaning ones.

because "uncomfortable" is how people get about issues that are too serious, about subjects that are too intimate, about anything that reaches farther than "how are you, what's the weather like?"

things that make people uncomfortable and have been shut down because of it: political awareness, anything to do with sex or sexuality, anything to do with gender and identity, anything that suggests that the current rules/leadership need to be reexamined, anything that implies that current rulers/lawmakers have made a mistake in handling a subject or individual, suggestions that all people deserve a chance even the ones you don't like

if people choose to avoid subjects because they respect the individuals that are made uncomfortable by them, that's one thing.

if a server or site or any other establishment, no matter the size, decides that blacklisting things because it made someone "uncomfortable" is the way to handle things, i do not fucking trust them with my god damn life, because at any given moment, NO MATTER HOW WELL INTENTIONED THEY ARE, my very existence and who i am as a person can suddenly make enough people "uncomfortable" that i am not allowed in that space any longer.

it has happened to me personally. it has happened to people history over, in situations that matter and situations that do not. it has happened, it will continue to happen, and i do not trust anyone whose first instincts are to push things aside on a mass scale because they make someone "uncomfortable".

Stabbsworth 01-26-2019 08:32 PM

that makes a large amount of sense tbh khjgjhg. sorry that i'm not too sure how to respond -- i just usually have blacklist stuff so that nobody gets panic attacks from seeing content that is disturbing to them. i.e: body horror in particular.

aviators' music is super inspiring and i love their tracks. i'm just sad that not all of them have lyrics on-screen.

Coda 01-26-2019 11:06 PM

It's one thing to maintain a private block list for yourself to filter out content that specifically bothers you.

It's quite another for a community to exclude people that way.

KittyBeary 01-26-2019 11:37 PM

I only go on Discord to check in on a Final Fantasy RP server, but it's been quiet for a few days. ;u;

Merskelly Metalien 01-27-2019 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coda (Post 1891226)

>XD Oh no! I clicked it out of curiosity! NOOoo!
This isn't looking too good for me. >~< I must resist spoilers! NO SPOILERS!

KittyBeary 01-27-2019 05:57 AM

You want spoilers?? :V

Stabbsworth 01-27-2019 10:51 AM

Oh, spoilers?

Merskelly Metalien 01-27-2019 04:57 PM

Nooooo! <x{ I'm scrolling past! Nn-o!
I'm not going to click on them! X{ It's futile to try and tempt my index ffffffinger!