Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Central Square (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Shout Into The Void (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23588)

Coda 12-14-2018 12:51 PM

My recommendation: Go for it. You would NOT be the first AFAB person to use drag as a way to express masculinity. It's not appropriation if you're already part of that culture -- and you are. The last thing the non-gender-normative community needs is artificial lines drawn to segregate parts of the community from itself, when we've been trying so hard to bring them together.

Den 12-14-2018 08:42 PM

actually, i was wanting more to do the over-exaggerated femininity of the Drag Queens. and there turns out to be a term for a female doing that. Faux Queen. I'mma be a motherfuckin' glamazon Faux Queen.

Coda 12-15-2018 12:31 AM

I knew that's what you meant and that's exactly what I was talking about. The overexaggerated femininity of drag queens ends up emphasizing masculinity because that's the cultural association people have with drag queens.

Kaderin Triste 12-15-2018 12:50 AM

I hate when people ("friends") think they're being "funny" by making jokes about my asexuality. Like how I'll find a man (or woman) and move away and have a family and leave them all alone when I get my life together. Or "joke" about how I just am not interested in them, as though I am actually interested in all other men.
Like....we've been over this a million times and I am not amused.

Merskelly Metalien 12-15-2018 01:53 PM

(:D Oh! A fellow Ace! What a surprise! I sympathize yo. -_- Why is it so hard to grasp that I don't crush on anything but The Twilight Zone???)

Ahhhhhhhh >n< I don't wanna get sick but I think I'm getting sick! ;-; I've been infected...

Kaderin Triste 12-15-2018 03:42 PM

And the concept of "I can still find men and women visually appealing without wanting them" seems to be extremely difficult.

Merskelly Metalien 12-15-2018 07:37 PM

Same! >.< Ugh, mega big feels! When I see shirtless buff men, all I think about is how awesome they must be at everything, like, champion yo. Not, "Oh wow, what a hunk! I'd tap that." I only wish I had some muscles like that... ;u; and can lift a frickin' couch. But I have snowman arms. xD

Den 12-15-2018 08:25 PM

*throws a party for their fellow Aces* I'm a bit more complicated, because I'm also Demipanromantic.

Kaderin Triste 12-15-2018 09:36 PM

That sounds...potentially very complicated. What is demipanromantic? (I'm too lazy to look it up myself.)

Kaderin Triste 12-15-2018 09:39 PM

Lol...my train of thought sometimes...
*sees the word party* -> will there be cake? -> *thinks about the cake called "better than sex cake"* -> but every cake is better than sex for asexuals...

Coda 12-15-2018 09:42 PM

It's a combination of "demiromantic" (only finds romantic attraction in people once they've already established a close bond otherwise) and "panromantic" (has no gender preference in romantic relationships).

Death by Mirrors 12-16-2018 04:15 AM

Cake is better than sex.
People who doubt that just never had really good cake.

Merskelly Metalien 12-16-2018 04:24 AM

I'm not that much of a sweet-tooth and yet cake is still the best thing I love to bake! x) Not in a million years would sex ever top cake!

Kaderin Triste 12-16-2018 02:01 PM

Thanks Coda!

Ahhhh...I kinda want to make cake now, but I don't have all the stuff for it. Probably will just stick with my original plan and do sugar cookies today. Just gotta clear off a table and wash a few things.

Kaderin Triste 12-16-2018 02:36 PM

Fuck. Just got up and discovered that I accidentally left a skein of yarn out. And now it's a mess of yarn. And part of it has been chewed through, but I can't tell if it was only chewed through or if Batty actually managed to eat some of it.
I'm so mad at myself right now for not double-checking before going to bed!

Biomecha 12-16-2018 04:22 PM

My Achilles finally calmed down enough to let me do at least a tiny bit of walking to look for decorations. But clearance sales already started apparently, so most things have been cleared out.

Got my dog a new toy and she absolutely loves it, at least.