Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   NaNoWriMo anyone? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9569)

ZenKitty 01-24-2015 01:41 AM

Madame-Aiko - if you want to do a less structured type of NaNo, there will be Camp NaNoWriMo coming up in April. You won't have all of the write ins and organized activities that Municipal Liaisons coordinate (the local leaders of NaNo), but you can pick how many words you'll write and can sign up to join a "camp."

I've never done the camps, but I hear they can be fun.

Another thing you win are 1/2 price on writing software. I've purchased 2 copies of Scrivner - one for my PC and one for my Mac. Love that software, although I haven't yet utilized it to its full potential.

Everyone who writes the 50K words wins a winners certificate to download and winner icons. I think the biggest perk though is the self confidence that comes from taking on and achieving such a great goal.

trystan830 01-24-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenKitty (Post 1651010)
I think the biggest perk though is the self confidence that comes from taking on and achieving such a great goal.

i agree!

(of course, the only time i really write is november, so... yeah.) ;)

ZenKitty 04-14-2016 10:45 PM

Wow. Talk about an old thread.

Is anyone doing CampNaNoWriMo? I've been working on revising an old novel, working on planning my November NaNo and writing a few short stories.

trystan830 04-14-2016 10:52 PM

wow, very old thread!

i usually just do November NaNo.

Den 04-15-2016 01:06 AM

The last few years, I've been focusing more on art, tbh. I should try writing this year, to see what happens.

ZenKitty 04-15-2016 07:37 AM

I've known a couple of people who worked on graphic novels for NaNo. That's always seemed like a great way to combine writing with art and great fun for all those good artists out there.

nyxwriter 10-13-2016 02:21 AM

Reasons you should/should not participate in the National Novel Writing Month?

I've found this useful http://writersopt.com/20-things-inte...out-nanowrimo/

trystan830 10-13-2016 09:56 AM

this year will be my 5th NaNo (i wrote in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014)

it is a fast-paced writing marathon, and the theory is it gets you/a writer in the habit of writing something every day... all the time.

i write starting Nov 1, and stop when i finish the story, and then don't write again until Nov 1. i have my own challenge - try to 'win' (ie, reach 50,000 words) by Thanksgiving. i'm a tried and true 'pantser' - i write by the seat of my pants.

although this year, i have pages of notes because it's a timey-wimey 'prequel' to the story i wrote in 2014.

i'm trystan830 on nanawrimo.org if anyone's interested or wants to add me as a writing buddy this year. =)

Quiet Man Cometh 10-14-2016 03:58 AM

My best year was my first in 2013 with 24'000 words. The others I either forgot or burned myself out with daily writing in October.

I've entered a book this year as a story about my late dog, but I more plan to edit my first project so I can get something out. My sister-in-law wants me to make a book of my writing for posterity, to go with some of the stuff other family members have done. That might be my project. Not sure how far I'll actually get with the dog book.

trystan830 10-14-2016 04:00 PM

hey, 24,000 words is still pretty good!

have fun this year, too!

Coda 10-18-2016 10:19 PM

I'm pondering over trying again this year. I've got an idea that I want to write, but it's going to depend a lot on my time availability.

trystan830 10-18-2016 10:27 PM

pinky, are you pondering what i'm pondering?

i make the time if i have an idea. to the extent that i've completed all my chanukah crochet, and i'm pretty sure there's only three nights i have plans for. (and one is after my self-challenged deadline of Turkey Day XD )

edit: oops. a few more than three. but just don't tell my boss i write a lot of NaNo during the day...

SparX 10-19-2016 11:06 AM

I've been thinking of writing again, this may be a good chance for me to hop back in the groove....
OR never finish the story like I did last time, but I blame the computer crashing for that. It's not my fault I saved on chapter 3 and not 11.... >.>;

trystan830 10-19-2016 11:20 AM

go for it, SparX! add me as a writing buddy on the NaNo site - i'm just trystan over there. =)

SparX 10-19-2016 11:22 AM

I don't know if I ever joined the site, I think I was writing first then submitting since the librarian had handed me a sheet of paper with info on it...but this was also exactly 10 years ago XD
-goes to site to make an account-

trystan830 10-19-2016 11:28 AM

full disclosure: i'm a NaNo enabler. XD