Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   NaNoWriMo anyone? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9569)

trystan830 11-03-2017 11:37 PM

hmm... i don't know then.

also, i think i have three or four scenes left.... and then on to the Epilogue!!

Coda 11-04-2017 01:28 AM

I picked one and just started writing. I don't even have to write the SCENE linearly. Heck, I can just do in medias res and then use the frame story to touch on what came first.

EDIT: Finished the scene. Once again realizing just how long 1700 words is... Currently at 3608/5000 words of what should have been my quota so far. But tomorrow's Saturday, so maybe I'll have more of an opportunity to catch up.

Quiet Man Cometh 11-04-2017 05:04 AM

Blah. 170 more words. I feel like I'm hammering screws.

Apparently someone here just gave the local Starbucks a heads up that there are writers lurking so they have their place set up as an all day sort of drop in. People can sit and write all day and wont get pestered by staff to leave.

Considering I didn't even know that particular Starbucks was there, maybe they want the extra crowd.

trystan830 11-04-2017 11:23 AM

cool, Coda!

and Quiet Man - i know what it's like when the words/ideas just aren't there....

ZenKitty 11-04-2017 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh (Post 1815150)
I think you're misinterpreting my situation. There are local write-ins in my city. It just takes me at least 20 minutes to get to said city on a good day because I live in a rural area. If I go out in the evening, with the snow and ice there's a risk that I might not be able to make the return drive up the necessary hills to get back home.

I was misinterpreting it. Thanks for clarifying for me.

I can sort of understand. Growing up, I lived on a hill and it would frequently take 3 times of trying to drive up that hill before we could make it all the way up.

On another note -
Our Super Powered Write In was a huge success! We filled the room, had 7 donated prizes to pass out to people and wrote over 138k words all told. We've been invited to use the space every year too! Yay!

trystan830 11-04-2017 06:34 PM

i'm on the last scene of chapter 20!!

(chapter 20 is the last one, and then the epilogue)

trystan830 11-04-2017 07:48 PM

i know i'm double posting, but.... i'm DONE CHAPTER 20!!!!!

i just have my two-part epilogue now....

2190 words today; 7710 total since Nov 1. =D

Coda 11-04-2017 10:42 PM

Double-posting isn't against the rules. :P (Triple-posting is.)

trystan830 11-04-2017 10:48 PM

yeah, i know....but it seems weird for me to double post most places. XD

Coda 11-04-2017 11:28 PM

Another chapter up!

800 words per Robot Master? I wasn't TRYING to make them the same length. But at this pace I'll need to write two battles per day to maintain my quota and squeeze in at least one more to catch up.

I could be stretching these battle scenes out more, but I don't have the knack for keeping it interesting. I'm not sure it would be good for the flow of the story anyway; these fights are only a couple minutes long each, and if I spent too much time in the descriptions it would feel like they were dragging on instead of being rapid back-and-forth exchanges.

trystan830 11-04-2017 11:31 PM

yaay for writing more!

the joke is that December is National Novel Editing Month....where you edit the crap out of what you wrote in november, including those rambling scenes where it sounds like it's dragging. November i all bout the word count, so i say go for it!

Coda 11-05-2017 02:02 AM

When I did my first NaNo, people said MARCH was, and it wasn't a joke then.

ZenKitty 11-05-2017 12:33 PM

I'm usually too fried from NaNo to even think about editing in December. Plus all those tasks like Christmas shopping and year end bookkeeping have to happen in December, so it's always next year for me.

Congrats on all of the word counts, everyone!

Good to know that double posting is okay. Never been on a site like that unless it was a brand new thread where you needed to make double posts to get it going and set it up.

trystan830 11-05-2017 08:53 PM

actually, Coda, you're right - NaNoEdMo is March. =)

and wow, my typing is horrendous on my phone... which was where i typed post #251...

Quiet Man Cometh 11-05-2017 10:24 PM

My word counts remain pathetic so I'm just working on writing every day. Today, my attempt at a story is actually starting to look a little like an attempt at a story.

trystan830 11-05-2017 10:28 PM

well that's just as awesome, Quiet Man! =)