Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   101 Cool Music Videos (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21376)

Alistair Fawkes 10-20-2016 07:00 PM

I can't believe Michael Jackon's Thriller isn't first on the list. Seriously, you rotten kids, go watch it if you haven't seen it!

For those who have, check out Taemin - Sayonara Hitori. Some trippy stuff goin' on up in thar. I like the song, too. And the singer is hawt.

Quiet Man Cometh 10-30-2016 11:06 PM

I tend to forget about that one. Since you didn't specify which one, Thriller makes the list!

I think I like it more for Vincent Price's laughing than for Michael Jackson's singing. ;)

SparX 11-05-2016 11:02 AM

Tech N9ne - What If It Was Me (ft. Krizz Kaliko) - Official Music Video (2016)

So this video is EXTREMELY powerful. It brings to mind some serious current problems in the world (specifically the US) between those in poverty and the enforcers of law.
It gave me some chills honestly. And the emotions on Tech and Krizz's faces are intense.
A ton of rap music nowadays doesn't feature thought provoking lyrics like this one does.

Beast 11-07-2016 08:08 PM

This is one of my favorite music videos. It's amusing and fun, plus the old school Spy movie feel of it makes it even better. Not to mention the villain's crooked derpy smile of surprise gets me every time.

"Genghis Khan" by Miike Snow

Quiet Man Cometh 11-18-2016 01:47 AM

Updated! I might have to add that Genghis Khan video to my share game I'm doing. I've had the letter "m" and no idea what to do with it.

Quiet Man Cometh 11-18-2016 02:53 AM

aaaand adding this one.

16. Sia - Chandelier (2014)

I love watching this kid, and from what I can tell, she's in most of her videos. Sort of makes me regret not pursuing dance seriously when I was younger and in better shape! I still think about it though.

Quiet Man Cometh 04-08-2017 05:48 AM

Saw this one just now. Ran across it by accident. It's pretty cool, and art-nerd at the same time.

17. Jane Zhang - Dust My Shoulders Off (2016)
video

Death by Mirrors 04-25-2017 09:57 AM

...just the video? Well then, I nominate HollySiz - The Light.
It's one of those songs I have already forgotten as soon as it's over, and if I heard it on the radio I wouldn't even recognize it again. Nevertheless I enjoyed watching the video.

Quiet Man Cometh 04-25-2017 05:29 PM

Yeah, the focus is the music video over the song. There's already a thread for good songs. ;).

I'll update that into the list when I'm being less lazy.

Death by Mirrors 04-28-2017 07:45 AM

Also, is this official videos only or do awesome parodies count?

daikokunyo 04-28-2017 07:50 AM

I nominate Lydia Ainsworth's "Malachite".

I don't want to say much about it... but I guess some description is desirable so-
beautiful dancing, unearthly and agrestal, beautifully shot. <3

Quiet Man Cometh 04-29-2017 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death by Mirrors (Post 1773834)
Also, is this official videos only or do awesome parodies count?

I think as long as it's noticeably a "music video." I suppose fan made can count, so long as another user can dig it up.

Quiet Man Cometh 10-29-2017 05:03 PM

Has been updated! Didn't realize there was unlisted stuff here.

mdom 10-30-2017 10:39 AM

uhn
I love everything by Björk. which one of her videos to even recommend D:

Quiet Man Cometh 10-31-2017 12:05 AM

I only know of one where she's skipping at one point, maybe doing a cartwheel...not really sure. I think it was noteworthy because it was just a happy? Can't remember what show I was watching but it was on music videos.

Grimalkin 11-08-2017 01:54 AM

Mrs Potato Head - Melanie Martinez. I would say mature because there is a pretty "gorey" or cringey part if you aren't good with scalpels and blood. I nominate this because it is controversial (if you do not understand that Martinez's songs stem all from her personal experiences and what has happened to her, and the Crybaby album this was on is because it all happened to her in childhood), many people feel unless you alter yourself whether physically or mentally you cannot keep someone etc. Her videos are always interesting and somewhat trippy. Definitely a good one in my opinion.