Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcement Archives (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Performance Boost, phase 1 (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7570)

Coda 02-15-2012 07:46 PM

Performance Boost, phase 1

The "Find Your Fortune" game was designed to be incredibly lightweight. Unlike the original Taskal War engine, it puts almost zero strain on the database by itself. I had expected its impact on server performance to be not much worse than the boat mini-game from the Toamna Festival.

Because of this, I was surprised to see a couple batches of error messages pop up in my e-mail.

I went researching the issue and found that the bottleneck was caused by the stuff that has to run on every page view -- loading your account information, checking your PM inbox for unread messages, et cetera -- so I started digging for things I could do to speed that up. I found a way to store that information for quicker access and spent some time today setting up the tools on the server to make it happen.

It seems to have made a difference; there were 25 active users on the site and I didn't hear any complaints, and everything seems to be running as smooth as it does during our most idle hours.

I'd like to get some feedback. Is it just me or is it running better for everyone?

Broken Muse 02-15-2012 07:49 PM

For me it appears to be working better then when it was a couple hours ago. The page is loading faster and my invo is no longer lagging. So for me it is now working better.

Nexess 02-15-2012 07:54 PM

The game is working faster and my Avatar page loads faster, along with my layering and wardrobe.

Saiyouri 02-15-2012 08:06 PM

тнє ℓσνє σƒ мαgι¢ ιѕ вєуση∂ ƒσяgσттєη
»·,´·˙(´·˙¸ ¸˙·,)˙·,´•·˙·,¯´·˙·• •·˙·,¯´·˙·•╭☆╯•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´`·.(`·.¸ ¸.·´).·´`·»

☪ஐﻬ☽ Things are a little faster
for me. I didn't even notice a problem with the
game. But of course I haven't spent much time on
it. >.>

Thank you for the fix though Coda.

»·,´·˙(´·˙¸ ¸˙·,)˙·,´•·˙·,¯´·˙·• •·˙·,¯´·˙·•╭☆╯•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´`·.(`·.¸ ¸.·´).·´`·»
uǝʇʇoƃɹoɟ puoʎǝq sı ɔıƃɐɯ ɟo ǝʌol ǝɥʇ

Illusion 02-15-2012 08:11 PM

The site has been slightly better then usual...
I just thought my iPod was just working better..

Arikana 02-15-2012 08:12 PM

Everything seems to be a lot faster for me. :3
Thanks for doing what you did, Coda! :]

Aurelia 02-15-2012 08:25 PM

The page load times are much faster.

The wardrobe also load faster when you go to click on an item to choose which colour you want to use.

The game is also loading faster me for me, as well.

All in all, faster all around.

Thanks for your hard work!

littl3chocobo 02-15-2012 08:51 PM

i can see my invo load in seconds instead of having to tab away to give it a chance to load<3 thankyou so much coda

Lucid: 02-15-2012 10:16 PM

It still takes me 10 years to load a trade, but that's not your fault. ;)
In general, the site seems to be running nicely.

Desserts 02-15-2012 10:54 PM

I have no problems, but i'm not sure about the inventory. If something happens i'll let you know!(:

Arikana 02-15-2012 11:40 PM

Yeah, I've also noticed trades still take time to load...but at least inventories are faster now. >w<

Ashy 02-16-2012 07:29 AM

Lucid your trades only load that slow because you have like 50 billion items :P

Fenris 02-16-2012 07:51 AM

I should also note in here that another performance issue we took care of, the long site down times. Has been seriously reduced. While before it could last up to 4-5 hours, now it usually lasts less than 30 minutes.

Arikana 02-16-2012 11:50 AM

Mmm. I've noticed that too. I waited an hour for good measure, and found that I could get back on fairly fast again. :'D

@Ashy: Really? Lucid has a bajillion items? owo

Tiva 02-16-2012 12:43 PM

Server was down for like half the morning 8 EST off and on til like 11 EST.

Coda 02-16-2012 01:44 PM

It wasn't down, just... really slow. I'm looking into that but I can't figure out what the heck is bogging it down.