Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   OOC (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   OOC for Merskelly & kunyo (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24003)

daikokunyo 12-04-2019 01:45 PM

OOC for Merskelly & kunyo

an ooc for me & Merskelly to discuss our RP :f-happy:

Merskelly Metalien 12-04-2019 03:30 PM

Hooray! :D
Not sure if I'll be around as often as I'd like, since these next two weeks will be a bit busy for me, but I'll be working on some of my OC appearances in the meantime. :}

I haven't made complete profiles for any of them yet. <~<; But since there are quite a few, I won't be drawing them all.
:} I'll doodle mainly the ones I think might need a clearer imaginative appearance.
Like Otavia, an autumn fairy or Xing the legendary angel-dragon. ^-^;

daikokunyo 12-05-2019 07:38 AM

that's all right, take your time! i don't mind about a regular schedule for RP or anything like that, i just need to know whether you're around, or will be around! same for me, i'll tell you if real life ever forces me to shift focus for a few days or even (fate forbid) to hiatus. probably won't happen, but this is just for the record.

yep, the profiles don't need to be exhaustive and you can doodle the ones you're feeling your muse kick in for. or not! whatever your OC characterisation process is, you do you :f-happy:

Merskelly Metalien 12-06-2019 04:49 PM

:] Perfect! I guess we'll be relying more on imagination anyways, <x} but I still like descriptions, hehe. I'll be around for sure, :] unless something bad happens, like to the internet or to my laptop. o_o; But if it does I'll try and give a heads-up! ^-^ Life happens too, <:] so we can both forgive some absence if they're unavoidable and needed after all.

:D I just got done with two of my major projects for my finals week, and I'll be taking the weekend to spend some time with my fish dad and bro. ^-^ But I'll have some time hopefully to come back on here while I'm gone. :D

daikokunyo 12-07-2019 09:06 AM

exactly. any absence is okay as long as we let each other know beforehand if possible :f-smile:

oh my, finals week! good luck for that! congrats on finishing one project and good luck with the other!
and it's nice that you have the weekend to look forward to :f-happy:

Merskelly Metalien 12-08-2019 01:21 PM

Thank you! ^-^
I had a nice time. :] Might spend more time up here with my pops the following week. For winter and spring vacation. :/ Might be busy off and on but, I'll likely be having more time to go online for the RP. :3

Also I forget, <x} sometimes health can be a thing that needs tending to, especially if we got some health issues. >u>;

Merskelly Metalien 12-08-2019 01:33 PM

For an example tho, here's my OC Otavia. :]

https://i.imgur.com/n7dSsyB.png

Species: Autumn Fairy

Age: Fairies are youthful in appearance despite being able to seem hundreds of years old

Background: Otavia was born from a pile of fallen leaves in an isolated fairy circle long ago. She had made some clothes and a home of her own in the deep forest, keeping autumn alive for as long as she could around her, before she recognized the balance of nature. She then shut herself in for winter like many of the other creatures of the forest who hibernate. But she also took the time to venture out and recover the things around the forest, such as twigs, icicles, fur and cobwebs. During her hibernation period, she thought long and hard about her surroundings and learnt all that she could over the years. Eventually, as time passed, she gained more knowledge, and developed her powers. She would interact with the other fairies of the forest, but many saw her as a strange hermit and had no intention of making her a part of their community. Dejected and disappointed in her treatment by the other fairies, Otavia became more isolated and devoted her time into the studies of magic. She became obsessed with the laws of alchemy and sorcery and during this newfound interest, she conducted experiments on herself. Since she didn’t have any willing test subjects, she would use herself to test her hypothesis. Unfortunately during one of her experiments, she had fused her legs with those of a spider. Now her legs are brown, hairy and striped, with a small heel and forked toe. She tried to hide her legs with lovely long dresses and skirts, but she couldn’t hide her dark secret for long. Since the experiment, she hasn’t been able to get back her normal legs, leaving her looking freakish and resulting in the fairies scorning and fearing her. One day during a rainstorm in spring, Otavia was chased away by a mob of fairies and exiled from her home. She fled to a forest on the other side of the mountains and stood there for many years, conducting her experiments and filling her time with leisurely and peaceful activities. She would make clothes, fly around the forest and greet the many animals that live there, and scavenge for small human made objects.

(Her connection with Crimson, a fire dragon)

Likes: The fall season. Leaves. Crystals. Rain. Food. Ghost stories. Breakfast. Exploring caves. River floating. Stealing small things from human homes. Interacting with new animals. Making rock art. Drinking herbal teas.

Dislikes: Nuts falling. Fire. Feeling ill or too warm. Spider webs. Raw meat. Long stories or gossip. Blooming spring or summer plants that another fairy neglected to close up or leaves still green and healthy. Goblins.

daikokunyo 12-09-2019 11:30 AM

awww :f-please: //showers Otavia with virtual love

she struck me as enjoying and maybe preferring solitude most of the time, content with herself. but everyone has lonely moments so i was happy she met the cute little dragon youngling Crimson. maybe it's the Derpy effect, but i think of dragon younglings as sweet, affectionate in nature, so i'm happy she found him and took him in :f-heart:

i just want to wrap them in fluffy blankets and protect them :f-please:
those mean, bullying fairies better leave Octavia and Crimson well alone, else they'll catch these hands! ヽ(`⌒´メ)ノ

Merskelly Metalien 12-09-2019 01:08 PM

<:] yehh. Because she isn't very decorative of herself like most seasonal fairies, she got bullied a lot and suspected of not doing her duty as a seasonal fairy, which is helping to guide seasons into nature.

:] Spring fairies are the most popular, and make it rain, make things bloom, and make everything twitter-pated. xD
Summer fairies turn the sunlight up, and brighten up all the land and plants, they do the least work as seasonal fairies, and hang around some spring fairies.
Autumn fairies, like Otavia, cool down the heat, sprinkle in fog or showers, and make the greenery die into browns, reds, oranges and yellows, only letting a select few flowers and weeds bloom. They're also responsible for winds and preparing the many trees in an area for wintertime. :]
Winter fairies make it cold, sometimes sprinkling in snow and frosting things over like leftover plants, and water. They take care of the winter plants and trees, and actually frolic around more than summer fairies do, but they're hard to see in their frosty environment. :]

(I got inspired for this fairy lore watching Fantasia as a little girl. ^-^ It's still a favorite of mine.)

xD I thought about Derpy too! haha, though I didn't know about Derpy until I came on here haha. :D Baby dragons are super sweet lookin' and presh! <x} I thought a fairy raising a fearsome fire dragon would be interesting because of the huge size difference and the connection of opposites the two have. <:] Fire is inevitable in raising a fire dragon, which is a challenge for Otavia because she doesn't like fire, as dry leaves and foliage can burn so easily, plus she has only a little resistance to heat.

^-^ But Crimson is a good dragon. He's got a good foster mama. <:3 <3

I've got another few characters here, but I'll post them later on. :} Gotta go to class soon for finals!

daikokunyo 12-10-2019 11:58 AM

i didn't watch disney fantasia, but i can still relate a little because i got inspired about magical girls after watching winx club as a child lol. used to play many pretend magical girl games with irl friends as a child.

also, all of that lore is fascinating. i love how you've practically created a whole world with its own internal logics to play in.

i didn't realise how cute dragon younglings could be until i came here and met Derpy! :s-laugh: Norbert from Harry Potter didn't convince me at all lol.

it really is interesting, their bond. i love how they connected despite their differences and i imagine they adapted to each other and protected each other :f-please:

i'm excited to see them! go kill those finals :f-cheer:

Merskelly Metalien 12-12-2019 02:43 PM

I did the SAME thing but with Power Puff Girls when it was on Cartoon Network. <x)

Yep! I try to craft little worlds for my characters to live in. Sometimes the worlds are even connected. >w>

Aww, Norbert was cute tho! <xD He just had the wrong sound effect, lol!

Thanks thanks! I've got the last final to finish today. Yesss! X)

Unfortunately though, all this week, my laptop keyboard has been on the fritz. <:( So I haven't been able to type as much or be online.
The flippin' top letter row is not workin' right. >:\ It either doesn't type the letter unless I keep tapping it a repeatedly, or I tap it once, and it gives me too much of the letter. <x{ (ex: Rrrrruuuumoooorrr)
And it's just the QWERTYUIOP keys. I got T and Y to work somehow with compressed air, but I might need to take it in for fixing before I can even get back to typing again. <:\ I'm currently using the touchscreen keyboard, which is much slower and sometimes pops in and out if I remotely poke out of it. <x{

Guh. Why keyboard, why???! X'[
But, I might steal my brother or mum's laptop in the meantime. <x] Temporarily. Because they're super duper slow. B[ My fam likes to downloads a bunch of stuff to make their computers run at 0.003 mph.

daikokunyo 12-13-2019 04:09 AM

i used to love powerpuff girls when i was tiny, that and tom and jerry! xD

awww i don't remember how Norbert looked in the movies but in the book he wasn't described as cute at all, poor babie xD

YAS finals will be over soon for you!

and OMG that is so annoying. i don't like touchscreen keyboards, they're much harder to type on. like, if this happened to me i wouldn't be able to stand it.

yeah i have family who treat their computers as nothing but storage disks, i feel so bad for the computers >.>

Merskelly Metalien 12-15-2019 02:06 AM

Of course when I go to take it in to get fixed, my laptop THEN decides to behave itself.. <_<;
*eyes keyboard suspiciously* hmmmm, betternotf*ckupagain..grhrhrhrph..
I suppose that means I can now hopefully type normally and get back to the character profiles! :D Yay!

I'll post the one I have finished for now. Though she doesn't have a picture (yet). <:/

Name: Kelsi

Species: Forest Elf

Appearance: Chestnut wood skin, long thin ears, light brown hair that fades into a light moonlight blue, light blue starry eyes, and blue markings on her cheeks and bridge of her nose. She wears a regal looking, ceremonial dress with a hood and pale gold armlets. She also wears a jewel at her neck reflecting crystalline but murky water.

Background: Kelsi is an oracle for her people the elves of the crescent forest. She was born with a mark on her wrist, and spirit-protected blue eyes that signified purity and sure enough she developed a special gift. Kelsi could see and communicate with the spirits of the universe and through their wisdom and power, she can foretell the future, speak of certain prophesies and find spirits of ancestors or people of special significance, long dead. Kelsi however doesn’t care too much for her role, seemingly determined for her at birth. She was raised for her future role as an oracle without much interaction with other elven children. As an oracle, Kelsi was to remain pure, obedient, unbiased, and abstaining. She was only mainly educated in literacy and in history. As a child, she could not play for very long, as she had to study ancient runes, learn forgotten tongues, train her mind to withstand the possession of spirits, and establish a bond with an animal guide to help her reach out to other spirits. She was also expected to lead songs and chants in celebrations for spirits and to learn etiquette in meeting with prophets and other oracles. Most oracles are either chosen at birth, or are repurposed mediums, and some are quite old. Though elves are immortal and youthful in appearance, age can often be determined by the lightness and length of their hair, and depending on the type of elf, their spirit signature.

Kelsi though very good at her role as oracle, finds herself rather stuck in a place she didn’t choose for herself, when one day she is chosen to meet with the lord of the silver elves, from deep within the white forest. The lord asks her to look into his future, but when she does, much to her shock and disbelief, she sees herself beside the silver lord, as his wife. She finds out the silver lord has foreseen this future before her arrival and admits he was curious to see who she was. Kelsi, though flattered, was put on the spot when he asked her for her hand. She did not know if it was destiny or if her future as well as his, could be changed, as Oracles are always taught that the future is written in stones in a never-ending spiral. Though she didn’t love him, she also knew it was unbecoming to deny a lord’s proposal. And yet, it wasn’t right for her to marry so young and so early in her Oracle position. She told the lord she would think on his offer, and the lord, confident in the future, patiently allowed her the time to succumb to the inevitable. But is it truly her future? She doesn’t dare let herself rest, until she finds out for certain, and keeps hope that her soul’s feeling that she can change her future, is true.

Likes: Nature, singing to spirits, taking care of her animal guide (a doe spirit she calls Selarun), moonlit nights, warm teas, legendary myths, reading about great tragedies and great triumphant romances, places with rivers or streams or waterfalls, looking at art, helping lost spirits, shimmering things, decorating graves and trees, and the scent of a fresh rainfall.

Dislikes: Tales of death, quiet in darkness, frightful spirits, being ill which is rare for elves, talk of conflict or war, the sound of ravens, watching something (animal or plant) die, blood, fog, and thievery.

daikokunyo 12-18-2019 11:59 AM

okay wow lovely! i'm particularly amazed at the future prophecies being neverending spirals. i'm also interested in knowing more about spirit signatures. and! that doe spirit sounds adorable! you have such rich, developed lores and i'm amazed every time :f-heart:

Merskelly Metalien 12-19-2019 01:34 AM

Thank you kunyo! ^-^ Kelsi is actually one of my lesser developed fantasy OCs so I'm glad you like what I cooked up for her. :]
Typically I like to organize my OCs and sometimes put them in similar settings, so I of course, sooometimes merge their worlds. <u<; Just because they're similar enough so the rules and theme of their setting and environments isn't so farfetched and strange.

I do have a couple more, if you'd like to see them. :]
Like Gideon, a young lad cursed with wings.
Or Mariel, a swamp nerid who delights in fixing, dismantling and re-purposing mechanical things.

And some more supernatural leaning OCs of mine,
:D Like my vampire couples, (Antoine and Abby)/(Earnest and Lyra May).

daikokunyo 12-19-2019 04:39 AM

omg if she is lesser developed idk what a highly developed OC of yours would be like :s-shock:

i'd love the see the supernatural OCs especially, cause i have so far roleplayed supernatural settings but no high fantasy ones. but i'm interested in the other OCs too, cause all your OCs are interesting :f-wants: