Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Welcome Wagon (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   -a wild noob has appeared- (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22222)

McSwiggins 01-07-2017 11:57 AM

-a wild noob has appeared-

Hello. I'm new. My name is Shamus-Ryan, so you can feel free to call me one or the other. I was born in Dublin, Ireland but moved to America when I was 4 years old. I have 10 kids, ages ranging from 19 to 4 but at the end of June, a new baby will arrive. I'm also a grandfather. My daughter who was 14 at the time, now 15 had a baby in August. I'm kind of a family man. Nothing comes before my family. :)

I'm also a teacher. I teach Mandarin to 8th grade students at a private school. The students are all pretty good kids and I am passionate about my job, although it is time consuming.
I'm a linguiphile, meaning I'm a lover of languages. I'll always be learning a new language. I'm also a Hibernophile, meaning I am a lover of Ireland, the language, culture, history and landscapes. I've been back to my home country last July and I'm going back this July.

I really don't have anything else to write. If you want to know something else please just ask. I'm an open book.

So, Hi!

Tohopekaliga 01-07-2017 12:02 PM

Hiya, Shamus! Welcome to Trisphee. :D

That's quite the family you have. :0 I can hardly imagine, being an only child and currently having no kids. XD

I love Irish music..I have a pandora station dedicated to it that I often listen to while working on things.

SparX 01-07-2017 12:04 PM

Hello and welcome!
I also was an "Only child" but have half siblings around the states. BUT I also have quite a few people in my house XD currently 6 adults and 2 children (we just got rid of 2 people yesterday)
Sounds like your living a pretty fulfilling life that you enjoy <3

Potironette 01-07-2017 12:08 PM

(Woah, a Mandarin speaker!) Welcome to Trisphee! Shamus 好 (hi)! ..And that's all I know, even though I'm Chinese I never figured out how to properly learn my native tongue :x.

Are you learning a language now?

Miss Sandman 01-07-2017 12:24 PM

Here an warm welcome too!!! Since the two days on here iam totally addicted to this place! So I think you will enjoy too!!

Glitch 01-07-2017 12:42 PM

Hello there, welcome to Trisphee!

What a fun life it sounds like you have! I also love other languages, but I am terrible at learning them.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the site!

Moonshadow 01-07-2017 03:03 PM

RYAN!!! my buddy! oh I'm so happy you are here!!!!
Welcome to Trisphee, everyone is so friendly. Let me know if you need anything.

Satan 01-07-2017 09:35 PM

Sup noob ;D Nice to see ya.

littl3chocobo 01-08-2017 12:50 AM

well howdy<3 welcome to tris~

Espy 01-08-2017 01:33 AM

Hello, fellow Mandarin-speaker. Welcome to Tris.

Hm...always wanted to go to Ireland. Might be able to, eventually.

Starry Night 02-06-2017 11:32 PM

Welcome to Trisphee! I'm new here as well and found this website quite charming. Ten kids, wow! That is a blessing. I hope I have a few kids myself one day.