Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trisphee Talk (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Avatar Editor Discussion & Updates (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24150)

Tohopekaliga 07-12-2020 12:07 AM

Hmm...I'm inclined to consider that a bug, yeah, but at the same time it doesn't cause any real harm to leave it as-is.

Adding more closet spots will help with in-progress projects. I should have that functionality set up soon. Still deciding on exact limits and prices, though.

littl3chocobo 07-12-2020 12:52 AM

to my advantage, i would keep open two vers of the editor and after i saved the new one i would waggle the layers of the old one to 'fix' it in memory then close it out

first one free 5k for a second, 10k for a third?

Biomecha 07-12-2020 01:22 AM

Ah, I did that too in the old editor but haven't tried it in the new one yet.

A suggestion:

Ability to remove items within the layering window. Although I do agree with Illusion on the pop-up. Especially on mobile.

Tohopekaliga 07-12-2020 10:25 AM

Hmm. Do you feel it would be more easily used if the layering manager went into the area where the items are listed? That's the way the old editor operates.

I think it makes more sense to be a separate thing as I did it, but I admit its placement is not ideal. And mobile, well...needs improvement, I know.

Biomecha 07-12-2020 03:26 PM

The main thing for me is the pop-up is confined to a smaller area within the page which makes it more difficult to maneuver items, especially when you are wearing more than several items. But the pop-up also creates a second scroll area along with the main page scrolling, and that's a challenge when zoomed in trying to scroll in either part. I'll wind up accidentally moving layers around.

Tohopekaliga 07-12-2020 05:37 PM

Seems I didn't prevent the background scrolling as well as I thought. I'll see about improving that

Biomecha 07-12-2020 09:20 PM

I haven't personally had an issue with that. But trying to scroll or move items within the smaller pop-up with a lot of items is a challenge.

Tohopekaliga 07-13-2020 01:41 PM

Some changes today! :D
  • Layer manager now replaces the inventory list when open, which gives more space to look at, and also resolves some issues with dragging on large lists
  • Changed the styling of the layer manager to be more consistent with the rest
  • Added a 'remove' button to the layer manager, so you can remove items directly from it.
  • Fixed search results clearing when you equip something

Biomecha 07-14-2020 12:01 AM

Thank you for all the updates. So far I've been enjoying the improvements.

Biomecha 07-14-2020 11:37 AM

Issue:

When you remove an item through the Edit Layers section, that item no longer functions properly when you go back to the regular editing area.

Tohopekaliga 07-14-2020 12:12 PM

Oh, yeah, that's not great. I'll get that fixed.

Tohopekaliga 07-14-2020 12:28 PM

Okay, that's fixed now. Thanks for telling me! :D

Kory 07-14-2020 06:25 PM

Hey all!

I am having problems trying to use body mod items?
It just posts over my body base?

https://i.imgur.com/ca5pz4A.png

??? How do I use the mods without having them just layer over the body base itself?
I tried looking around the forums to see if anyone else has this issue? I couldn't find anything! So I hope it's not a bother to ask about this. >n<

Tohopekaliga 07-14-2020 07:11 PM

I have plans to make it so you can hide parts of your avatar (It's in the ... button), but that doesn't function yet.

The current standard way to handle body mods that change the shape is to either hide the extra parts with another item, or use the transparent skin (it's got a dotted outline in the picker). You can use the "Adam" set in The Body Shop to rebuild skin portions you want to have visible.

Kory 07-15-2020 08:25 PM

Thanks!!
I did that and it worked pretty well :D

Illusion 07-15-2020 11:49 PM

On the edit layer page is it possible to have a smaller box of your inventory so you can add items, remove items, and move items around simultaneously. Or better yet, just allow the equipped items below the avatar to be moved around as the layer editing system.

I'm so used to clicking on things in the inventory and layering them/trying to figure out if I can use something.

The new system right now feels like it's designed not to be toying around with, but more knowing what to throw on before hand. Everything just seems less seamless and more like I'm jumping between menus and screens to do what used to be so simple in the old avatar system. :/

Tohopekaliga 07-16-2020 12:26 AM

I'm sorry, I don't understand again, Illusion. The old editor also hid the inventory list when you opened the layer manager, so the process here is exactly the same except that when you're picking a pose for an item it takes up more of the screen.

I do plan on allowing the equipped list to directly sort the layers, but I'm still working on the exact way to approach that, so I haven't implemented it yet.

littl3chocobo 07-17-2020 10:38 PM

if illusion is saying what i think then i agree. the current set-up is less visually intuitive than the old version so instead of it being in the most 'obvious' place it must be momentarily searched for and so it _feels_ like you oughtn't get comfortable fiddling about

Tohopekaliga 07-17-2020 11:05 PM

I was thinking about moving the layer manager button up to the bar with Body/Gear/Scene, but I worry about it getting crowded.

I suppose I could put it up there, and make the search bar only appear when you click on the magnifying glass. That would clear up space. Would that help?

Illusion 07-17-2020 11:36 PM

This. Let me move layers using here so I don't have to jump through menus and tabs all the time. And add X's to remove items.

https://i.imgur.com/g9SM1oc_d.webp?m...idelity=medium

Tohopekaliga 07-17-2020 11:48 PM

I have an enhancement I'm working on to let the equipped list under the avatar do layer sorting as well. I haven't put it on the released version yet because it tends to shuffle the below layers arbitrarily, which is not ideal. You can try that out here, but be aware that it will mess up the below layer order on your working avatar. You can fix it in the layer manager window, but...yeah.

X's to remove from that list...I hesitate to do because of the amount of things that would mean going on, but I will look into a way to do that, too.

littl3chocobo 07-18-2020 01:14 AM

do you know why it shuffles?

Tohopekaliga 07-18-2020 11:58 AM

Yeah, I do. At first I thought, "Eh, it'll be fine for a few days." But then I put it up on the beta site and concluded, "No...that's 100% unacceptable." I just didn't finish updating the logic behind how the equip list layer sorting works.

littl3chocobo 07-18-2020 02:56 PM

ah, gotcha. well i hope it eventually is sorted ^^

Tohopekaliga 07-18-2020 05:04 PM

Should be up in a day or two. :)

Illusion 07-19-2020 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga (Post 1941501)
I have an enhancement I'm working on to let the equipped list under the avatar do layer sorting as well. I haven't put it on the released version yet because it tends to shuffle the below layers arbitrarily, which is not ideal. You can try that out here, but be aware that it will mess up the below layer order on your working avatar. You can fix it in the layer manager window, but...yeah.

X's to remove from that list...I hesitate to do because of the amount of things that would mean going on, but I will look into a way to do that, too.

T_T It's so much better.

Tohopekaliga 07-19-2020 09:56 PM

Been busy with weekend things, so I haven't finished fixing that, but an idea occurred to me:

How would you feel if the draggable equipped list got a little "drop here to unequip" area when something is picked up?

Tohopekaliga 07-20-2020 02:38 PM

Okay, I fixed the below avatar item sorting, and moved that into the main editor!

So now you can sort items by moving them around in the equipped list under the avatar. Note that anything that is both above and below will only sort the above layer (trying to do both is much too fiddly).

Also added a drop zone to let you directly unequip while doing that as well.

Tohopekaliga 07-22-2020 12:16 PM

New feature today! :D

Undo & Redo! You can step back up to 25 actions (including revert & clear), I may adjust the limits on that or make it configurable, but the primary concern is that the more actions there are, the more memory it will take. Admittedly, it's not a lot, so I could probably push the undo limit up over 100, if people feel like that would be desirable.

I'm not 100% sold on the button layout, so that may change.

Biomecha 07-22-2020 10:30 PM

Pretty handy so far.

I've been having trouble using the drag and drop feature below the avatar since yesterday. Tried hard refresh and using Firefox 78.0.2 - Windows 10. Not sure what actions might be contributing to it.

Tohopekaliga 07-22-2020 11:38 PM

What sort of trouble have you been having?

Tohopekaliga 07-22-2020 11:53 PM

Never mind. I see a problem there. I'll have it fixed tomorrow.

Biomecha 09-16-2020 08:22 PM

On mobile, in landscape mode the bottom part of the left panel gets cropped. Also, it's been harder to zoom in and out, like only certain parts of the page let you grab it to zoom. Have tried different browsers.

Tohopekaliga 09-17-2020 12:51 PM

I see what you mean. The main part that has difficulties with pinch zooming, as far as I can tell, is the item list on the left.

I'll see if I can tinker with it to have it work properly but in essence, that happens because you can drag & drop that list, so when you try to pinch it grabs one of the things under your finger.

It's a bit fiddly, I know, but if you can put your fingers down outside the list, it should work. Also, if there's somewhere outside of the equipped list on the left that has trouble, please let me know, because I can't find it.

Biomecha 09-17-2020 04:59 PM

Yeah, it's challenging trying to figure out what parts are working. Sorry I can't help much in determining which areas do and don't.

So far, even outside the equipped list, the pinch and zoom doesn't always work. Like the forum tab area or white space on the very bottom of the page. I can't really find a consistent spot where it does work, but part of the time it will work. It's hard to tell where my fingers are hitting when I try to see exactly where it does and doesn't work. The zooming works fine when not on the avatar editor. That's with chromium based browsers,

The zooming works a bit better in the newest version of Firefox for Android, but it's a bit sluggish and the top right header avatar has a black background on the editor page.

Here's an example of the equipped side being cropped:

Tohopekaliga 09-18-2020 10:28 AM

I should be able to fix the cutoff. Thanks for the image. :)

As for the zoom issue, I'm not sure on that one. I can't reproduce it on my devices I use. What kind of phone/tablet is it?

Biomecha 09-19-2020 12:40 AM

Tried it on a Samsung S5 and S10 and it happened for both. Also occurs with browsers using the webview engine.

Tohopekaliga 10-08-2020 04:29 PM

Made a few updates today!
  • The equipped list will never get smaller than 3 rows of items (fixing the problem above)
  • There is now an Eyes, Nose, and Mouth tab in the body section
  • Search clears itself when you try to change item tabs (instead of nothing happening)
  • Adjusted CSS for the site background to get rid of black areas when looking on a phone (technically, this is a whole-site update, but very little of the site actually displays as a mobile site right now)
  • A few other things to help staff to keep making improvements

Merskelly Metalien 10-08-2020 08:00 PM

*is surprised at the new Eyes/Nose/Mouth tabs*
8o Now I can build my face faster!
8D Thank youuuu Tohoooo! <3

Stabbsworth 10-11-2020 03:36 PM

the editor doesn't seem to properly save things in the closet.