Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trisphee Talk (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Avatar Editor Discussion & Updates (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24150)

Tohopekaliga 07-01-2020 02:01 PM

Avatar Editor Discussion & Updates

Now that the Editor has been launched officially, seems like time for a discussion thread!

Thoughts? Concerns? Problems? I want to hear them all!

On the off chance things aren't working right for you, I am leaving the old versions of the Editor and Inventory accessible for some time.

Old Editor

Old Inventory

You can also find the changelog I made as I worked on it here.

Tohopekaliga 07-01-2020 02:05 PM

The changes I made in the past couple days before launch include:
  • Adjusted styling to be more consistent with what currently exists, and what we plan on using going forward with new features

• Properly handled logged out users. (Logged out editing is not implemented yet.)

• Made sure footers actually appear

• Adjusted lots of styling to look more deliberate, and not have item poses flow right off the page on particularly large items.

• Made the item detail windows in the Inventory have consistent size

• Added more loading indicators

• Made Use Item redirects (i.e. fireworks) feel more deliberate

Claire Bear 07-01-2020 05:49 PM

Looks fantastic. I'll have to play more but my initial feeling is I'm very pleased with how clean everything is.

KittyBeary 07-01-2020 07:39 PM

Everything looks so amazing!! And now we can finally search for items!! Thank you so much for all of your hard work, it is much appreciated!! ^^

Biomecha 07-02-2020 01:52 AM

Uh, if I am working on an avatar and am not ready to save it but want to come back to it later...is the only option to save it to the closet? I didn't realize I would lose my progress.

Panda 07-02-2020 02:36 AM

WOW, very fancy!

daikokunyo 07-02-2020 06:53 AM

OMG I love it! I'm especially digging the search feature :D

Tohopekaliga 07-02-2020 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biomecha (Post 1941001)
Uh, if I am working on an avatar and am not ready to save it but want to come back to it later...is the only option to save it to the closet? I didn't realize I would lose my progress.

No, it should save progress. A little "autosaved!" Message pops up at the bottom telling you it's done it. Generally it's 2 seconds after you've made a change.

If it *didn't*, then that's a problem, and I'll need to work with you a bit to reproduce that.

Biomecha 07-02-2020 09:38 AM

I do get the message, but after I've made a change and leave or close the editor it will show my current public outfit when I go back to the editor and not the one I had been working on.

Tohopekaliga 07-02-2020 09:47 AM

Hmm. Strange. Okay, can you do me a favor and go back to the editor, push Ctrl+Shift+K (in Firefox) or Ctrl+Shift+J (in Chrome). Then change something, and tell me if any big red ERROR things come up.

Biomecha 07-02-2020 09:57 AM

I'm on my phone at the moment, although it did also happen on my notebook with Firefox.

Biomecha 07-02-2020 10:00 AM

But I get no error after clearing my cache.

Kaderin Triste 07-02-2020 10:13 AM

My phone kind lags a bit in it (like when I'm trying to scroll through the items) and some of the item categories are gonna take some getting used to, but it looks good so far.

(Ngl, I hate change so in the back of my head, I keep saying I hate it, but it's not that bad really.)

Tohopekaliga 07-02-2020 12:19 PM

(For those who hate change, I'm not deleting the old editor...but I won't be ever adding anything to it. That said, I do hope you do stick with the new one, and that the choices made on it are good)

So it lags on large item lists, Kaderin? Event tab, for instance? I can look into adjusting how it manages those pages. Is the lag only when switching, or while looking through it as well?

Biomecha...I'm sorry, but I don't really know what's going on there. Saving and saving to closet both work for you, correct? I'll look into some possibilities. The working avatar not saving is 100% not okay, so I won't leave you hanging on that.

Kaderin Triste 07-02-2020 12:26 PM

I'm on mobile just for reference.
But it just kind of lags when swiping/scrolling through the items, like it doesn't move or it moves kind of jerky when I try to swipe sideways or up and down on my phone to browse the items. And it doesn't let me swipe in any direction on/across the items, so if I get into the middle of my items and am zoomed in to see them better, I basically just get stuck and can't get out of that section of items.

Tohopekaliga 07-02-2020 12:28 PM

Oh! Yes, that's a bug. Let me see if I can fix that. You should definitely be able to scroll by touching items.

Tohopekaliga 07-02-2020 01:48 PM

Still looking for a cause for Biomecha's problem, but scrolling & zooming on top of the item tiles should work now!

Kaderin Triste 07-02-2020 02:15 PM

Nice, thanks! It's still pretty laggy for me (idk if it's just a me problem or something all mobile users will have, but it happened even with a good wifi connection), but I can deal with that.

MonBon 07-02-2020 02:30 PM

Thank you for all of the new features!

Tohopekaliga 07-02-2020 02:38 PM

It may be the phone specifically. My testing has been on rather new mobile devices: an iPad Pro and a Pixel 4.

I'll dig out an old phone I've got somewhere to see if I can figure out some good optimizations.

You're welcome, MonBon. :D

Kaderin Triste 07-02-2020 02:43 PM

As far as Google can tell me, my phone type is only like...2 years old at most though? (Galaxy crown j7)
Lol. But thanks for looking into it!

Tohopekaliga 07-02-2020 02:49 PM

Good to know! I'll keep you apprised.

Biomecha 07-02-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga (Post 1941011)
Biomecha...I'm sorry, but I don't really know what's going on there. Saving and saving to closet both work for you, correct? I'll look into some possibilities. The working avatar not saving is 100% not okay, so I won't leave you hanging on that.

I'm not saving it to the closet, I was asking in my original question if it was necessary to save to the closet. In the old editor you don't have to save anything when working on an outfit. You can leave the page and come back to it with it still there. The new editor isn't doing that, so I didn't know if the only way to return to the one you are editing is through the closet feature.

Tohopekaliga 07-02-2020 03:09 PM

I understand. I'm asking if saving to the closet works, as if it does not, that is informative toward tracking down the problem.

This editor should do everything the old editor does, including automatically save what you're working on.

Merskelly Metalien 07-02-2020 03:36 PM

Huh. <:T It doesn't seem to be saving correctly for me.
Unless I'm doing it wrong??
How to change avi? Is it the save button? Because if so, it's just keeping the avi I have now. <BT
And when I go back, it doesn't save the avi I was workin' on unfortunately.
<:/ It says Avatar Saved and Autosaved on the bottom...but...huh...it's um, not doing that..

Tohopekaliga 07-02-2020 04:25 PM

Huh. That's...yeah, that's not good.

For my information, if you're running into save issues can you tell me:
  • What OS you using
  • What browser you're using
  • If there's anything unusual about your network (gotta do something funny with proxies? In a work network?)
  • If you can save anything (autosave, actual save, and closet are the three places that saves happen)

Ultimately, it's probably something on our end, but more information is always helpful.

I've figured out the problem, working on it now.

Tohopekaliga 07-02-2020 04:49 PM

There was a bit of setup code missing on the backend. Your saving should work now, Biomecha and Merskelly! Sorry about that!

Tohopekaliga 07-02-2020 05:14 PM

Also added pagination to the item list, meaning if you have a lot of items, it will split the page across multiple pages. It defaults to 100 items at a time, but you can reduce or increase that.

Currently, it won't save the option when you leave the page, but it will start when I add a couple settings options to the page (which will be local to the computer you're using).

Biomecha 07-02-2020 05:27 PM

The avatar currently being worked on is now functioning properly. Thank you for finding out the issue.

I'm trying out the closet feature and so far it seems to be working. Though a bit earlier the autosave wouldn't always get triggered when using it. Will try to see if it's reproduce-able later.

Tohopekaliga 07-02-2020 05:30 PM

<3 Thanks for testing things!

What's important to me is that it works for you. If anything works in a way that doesn't seem to make sense to you (this goes for everyone), I want to know so I can see if I can improve it.

Merskelly Metalien 07-02-2020 05:51 PM

Yey! It worked! I disappeared!
<x'D
Thank you Toho! <3

Edit:
And now I changed my Avi! Hooray! <xD

Stabbsworth 07-03-2020 12:50 PM

I love it! :D

Tohopekaliga 07-03-2020 05:36 PM

:D Glad to hear!

Only one new update today:

Your choice for Items per Page and the advanced option to ignore gender boundaries both remember your choice (in a given browser, so setting 500 max on your desktop doesn't force your phone to look at that many).

KittyBeary 07-03-2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga (Post 1941005)
No, it should save progress. A little "autosaved!" Message pops up at the bottom telling you it's done it. Generally it's 2 seconds after you've made a change.

If it *didn't*, then that's a problem, and I'll need to work with you a bit to reproduce that.

I saw the autosave message myself. :3

Illusion 07-05-2020 02:53 AM

Loving the changes.

Some general suggestions:
- A tagging system dedicated to favorite items for easier access.
- Hovering over worn items on your avatar will direct you to the location that items on.
- A small red X in the corner of worn items so you don't have to click > remove item
- Make the scroll button to the next page more visible.
- Allow the up down left and right keys on the keyboard be a quick access/quick button to turn the item page.

Stabbsworth 07-05-2020 07:55 AM

The font seems a bit blurry in Chrome, idk if it's blurry in Firefox.

Tohopekaliga 07-05-2020 10:27 AM

Blurry? Strange. I'll look into that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illusion (Post 1941099)
Loving the changes.

Some general suggestions:
- A tagging system dedicated to favorite items for easier access.
- Hovering over worn items on your avatar will direct you to the location that items on.
- A small red X in the corner of worn items so you don't have to click > remove item
- Make the scroll button to the next page more visible.
- Allow the up down left and right keys on the keyboard be a quick access/quick button to turn the item page.

• Favorites is a good idea. I'll look into it.
  • I'm not really clear on this suggestion. Hover on the avatar to be able to pick an item off of it, as if you clicked it from the list below?
  • A remove button on the top isn't.a bad idea. I'll see what I can do.
  • Those buttons are a bit small, you're right...
  • I like this idea. Escape can already be used to close popovers, so a few more keyboard shortcuts wouldn't be out of place.

Biomecha 07-05-2020 03:49 PM

I've been finding the organization of items confusing. For example, Anka Egg items like Caffeine is under Donation for the By Rarity tab, while Petal Dancer is under Special. Or I keep going to Special Skin for something like the Second Skin item, but that one is in Mods. The differences in Special Skin and Mods overall is hard for me to figure out which would be where.

Coda 07-05-2020 04:43 PM

Places where tagging seems inconsistent are definitely things we want feedback on! Thanks for letting us know about those. (Some might end up appearing in more than one place.)

Hovering over the avatar... that's challenging. Not impossible but also not easy to implement. I think the other way around would be a lot more plausible: hover over an item in the equipped list to highlight it on the avatar.

Stabbsworth 07-05-2020 04:47 PM

Good news, the font isn't blurry anymore. Then again, I'm currently on the laptop and using Firefox.