Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   What gender do you play as in video games? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22288)

Espy 08-12-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death by Mirrors (Post 1900346)
Anyone else spending an unreasonable amount of time on character creation? ^^
Depending on the game it can be so much fun to try all options.

Dude, spending four hours in CC is the norm for me, not even exaggerating.

Kitalpha Hart 08-13-2019 12:07 AM

Character creation is fun
So is building houses and then I get bored and stop playing the sims lol

Death by Mirrors 08-13-2019 06:54 AM

My sims houses are mostly downloaded. I love creating people, but far too lazy to build 'em homes.

Stabbsworth 08-13-2019 12:22 PM

I FORGOT IF I ALREADY POSTED HERE BUT I USUALLY PLAY AS MALE.

Merskelly Metalien 08-13-2019 12:50 PM

>:3 I pick male sometimes because I like the boy blue colors and being epic...But then again well, I typically pick female. :] I like to look harmless and dangerous at the same time. But sometimes I like masculine and handsome.. <:/ hmm...it depends.

EternalSummer 12-23-2019 01:01 AM

I'm Female, But My Avatars And Gaming Characters Can Vary Greatly From Female, Male, Or Genderfluid Depending On It's Story And The Options It Gives Me. Sometimes It's Like I'm Just Soft Of Inserting Myself Into The Game, But Often, I Like Creating A Character In A World And Really Just Building A Story Around Them.

8Nephila8 09-05-2022 04:55 PM

Both, but mostly female.

Dalhanahue 12-12-2022 07:30 PM

Usually my go to is female characters but it really just depends on the game. I like playing as male as well will usually do at least one through of the game as each gender. Especially if there are different romance options. One of my goals in RPGs is to bang romance every character possible lol sometimes you have to be a different gender to do that lol.

KittyBeary 12-12-2022 11:24 PM

It depends for me, though I like making male characters it seems. xD

Coda 12-15-2022 03:21 PM

Kind of depends on the game and why I'm playing it.

I'm never going to decide which game to play based on the gender of the player character. Frankly I can't even wrap my head around the notion that people do.

If it's a multiplayer game that I'm playing with my wife and there's no mechanical difference between the male and female characters, I always play the male character and she always plays the female character. It's just less confusing that way. She also likes to imagine ourselves in the game world, which is harder to do when there's a mismatch.

If there IS a mechanical difference, I'll play whichever character better fits the play style I'm in the mood for. (For example, in Overwatch, I play the female tanks way more often than the male ones, but I prefer to play with the male healers.)

If there's no mechanical difference in a single-player game, it really depends on the character designs and how many times I've played through the game before. With multiple playthroughs I try to vary things up.

Jester 12-17-2022 11:22 AM

~For me it depends. Sometimes it's for preference. Like in Ark I play a gal because I didn't want to shave a beard every 5 seconds. For DW III I play female because there's a certain area you can get into that makes aren't allowed. It's not like you get anything except extra dialogue but it's interesting. Sometimes I play a guy. It all depends. ~

inkspot 01-22-2023 05:55 PM

I am a woman but usually play as a male character. A lot of female characters in video games are heavily sexualized so I don't want to play them. Though in CSGO I play male because I like Sir Bloody Darryl's voice lines.

WonderWendy 01-09-2024 02:45 PM

It doesn’t really matter to me. I’ve played as male and female characters in games before, both in ones with a set protagonist and on avatar forum sites like this one.