Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Games & Tech (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   I'm A Gamer Girl! (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1903)

Kyoshoku 10-09-2010 09:41 AM

I'm A Gamer Girl!

So what? So what?

Why in the world do guys find it so hard to believe that girls like games? I actually, HONESTLY, had one guy throw a fit about it. I couldn't believe him. He did it in front of all of my friends. This is how said confrontation went:

"Oh. . . God. You're claiming you're a girl?"
"Erm. . . that's because I am of the female race."
"No way. That can't be right."
"Huh?"
"You bought a rated R game, and it's filled with gory things and monsters."
"Oh, I'm sorry. Let me go back to playing in my frilly dresses and my barbies. Sorry!"

I wanted to call him all manner of names, but my clan leader was there and he frowns upon such interactions. D<

But anyway! So I love to play games like Resistance: Fall of Man, Jak n' Daxter, and Kingdom Hearts. I've got at least 3K in games sitting in my drawer. xD

Let's talk about games!

Kanobei 10-09-2010 09:45 AM

.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦ .· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.
Alot more girls play games these days. Ten years ago, naw, you wouldn't have found many playing games. I think it's just becoming more commonplace now. Just ignore him and tell him he's a retard. No biggie.

Kyoshoku 10-09-2010 09:49 AM

Oh, that happened a while ago (thank god). I did go to ignoring him shortly after that!

I'm so proud of girls nowadays. My sister likes to play, but she's no good with newer games. ouo

She tried to play Dead Space -hoshiz. That camera went EVERYWHERE.

Kanobei 10-09-2010 09:51 AM

Lol. I like the new castlevania... a ton :)

Kyoshoku 10-09-2010 09:55 AM

I've never played Castlevania. Though for some reason that reminds me that I really have got to finish Devil May Cry 4. I always start the game, get 30 min in, and put it down for some reason. Most of the time because I have to go to work and the like.

Though I heard Castlevania is amazing. c:

Kanobei 10-09-2010 10:24 AM

The new one is stellar.. i haven't played every game in the series.. but I have enjoyed the ones i've played

Silverbleed 10-09-2010 10:29 AM

I've played games my whole life. Guys can't seem to stand being beaten by a girl which makes it extra funny if I win =P Gladly my boyfriend wasn't one of those guys who didn't believe girls play games too. After all, I'm on the same level as him (except for shooters, he's done that all his life and I just started) so he better lives with the fact I might win from him xDD

Kanobei 10-09-2010 10:31 AM

Where'd you get your Avi...

And I agree, most guys do get upset when losing to a girl, but I'm not one of them. That's just silly...

Silverbleed 10-09-2010 11:03 AM

My avi? I made it? o__o;

Kanobei 10-09-2010 11:13 AM

It's really good! ^_^ are you doing commissions?

Silverbleed 10-09-2010 11:20 AM

Oh you meant the art >_>
Yeah I made that too but I'm not doing commissions.

Kanobei 10-09-2010 11:49 AM

Drat, it's so wonderfully done ^_^

johnny 10-09-2010 11:52 AM

I honestly thiink the "guys are shocked by female gamers" thing is blown severely out of proportion. It is far more rare to find a guy surprised about a gamer being female these days, because gaming is way more mainstream. It'd be like getting shocked because a girl is into sci-fi entertainment: it's just not shocking in this day and age of pop culture.

Immamoonkin 10-09-2010 12:03 PM

There was a Kotaku writer that made an article saying you're not a real "gamer girl" unless you play sports games and EVERYTHING OUT THERE.

I threw a fit. I'm not into sports games. I'm not into zombie horrors. I like my Mario and Kirby and DDR. I don't think it's fair for you to say what I can or cannot be just because I don't play the same games as you. I also told her I'd kick her ass with my hot pink DSi. :P

Kanobei 10-09-2010 12:29 PM

I've been playing video games for 14 years and I don't like sports games... i'm a guy gamer... everyone has their own opinion on what games they like... People that feel like they need to label everyone according to their own whim is pretty self absorbed if you ask moi xD

sprinkles 10-09-2010 12:58 PM

i'm not a big fan of video games.
they're just not that exciting to me. ; n;

Demonskid 10-09-2010 01:02 PM

I love games.. right now I'm playing Diva Project 2 (the demo until I can get the game import) x3 I also play MMOs.. Lucid and I are gonna play wonderking together and I am gonna try Kitsu Online :3

Silverbleed 10-09-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immamoonkin (Post 205069)
There was a Kotaku writer that made an article saying you're not a real "gamer girl" unless you play sports games and EVERYTHING OUT THERE.

I threw a fit. I'm not into sports games. I'm not into zombie horrors. I like my Mario and Kirby and DDR. I don't think it's fair for you to say what I can or cannot be just because I don't play the same games as you. I also told her I'd kick her ass with my hot pink DSi. :P

Pfft that's lame. I don't like sports games; that's something you can do irl too. If I want to play tennis I'll grab my racket instead of my controller ^^;
I prefer games that are something new and something you can't do irl. Shooters are pretty fun since I can play them with my boyfriend. I've played Halo 1 till Reach, and 4 CoD games. For the rest I like games like Tekken and SoulCalibur but also small ones like Patapon (2) on PSP.
I bought my first Final Fantasy game a while ago... I've played it before at the home of friends... but now I finally have my own =)

Gabe Puratekuta 10-09-2010 01:09 PM

I love gaming!! My favorites are Castlevania, Borderlands, Dragon Quest, some Final Fantasy, Puzzle Quest, Assassin's Creed, and some fighting and platformers

Alexander Linden 10-09-2010 01:18 PM

Moving this to Gamer Haven.

GrnTea 10-09-2010 06:20 PM

Nothing wrong with gamer girls!
I know a ton, and to be completely honest they're amazing at the games they play.
I met one playing Counter Strike that just absolutely destroys me... lol
More power to you!

Rosekitten 10-09-2010 09:33 PM

.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.

The main thing i always got when my guild mates found out i was a chick was the fact i was nice o.O apparently WoW and other mmo's have girls that treat guys or everyone for that matter like crap Dx let alone they can't play to save their own life.. ~sigh~

.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.

Kanobei 10-09-2010 09:35 PM

Dingbat is the phrase that comes to mind for those people though. We can't help that most people are prejudice against others in some form or way.

Kyoshoku 10-10-2010 10:02 AM

I found my thread again! xD

Took me forever, but finally logic won out and I stopped being blind as a bat. It's hard to describe what people are and what they aren't. There's this hilarious chart I found on Stumbleupon. I shall now try to locate it. Honest to god, it's what the entire arguement is about. xD

. . . Erm. . . Never mind. It's lost. I will try to find it, though! xD

Kanobei 10-10-2010 10:03 AM

Hahahaha, faillll xD

Ethereal 10-14-2010 11:24 PM

I know what you mean. I tried a dating site once but went off because I kept getting "You game?! You are awesome we should chill. No girls game and ***********" Let's just say they assume you will ********* if you are a gamer. *shakes head*

I have also had boys look at me like I am a freaking weirdo due to the fact that I love to game. I play Left 4 Dead & L4D2 constantly. I have played Kingdom Hearts, ALL Final Fantasy Games, the majority of Mario games, Dead Space, Trauma, Rune Factory, Silent Hill, and many other BOYS games. I have been playing video games since I was five, so... since 1996. Screw all of them. Boys are stupid.

RedHinata 11-17-2010 09:22 AM

@Ethereal: -high fives- Final Fantasy rules!!!!!!

Fizzyology 11-17-2010 02:40 PM

lol I was raised on video games XD guys like that should be thrown in the chokey! D< lol

but seriously, I was never one of those girly girls. I had barbies, but I gave them all hair cuts and tattoos via magic markers and stuff XD

And there's nothing wrong with being a girl and having bloody gore games! D< I have the Jak and Daxter series too, all three of the Fatal Frames and Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain is some serious sh!t lol.

I have seriously sat in the dark and laughed my head off as I was getting chased by a ghost with a butcher knife XD

mahalogi 11-20-2010 03:11 AM

Guys these days are getting ruder about gamer girls - .. -
But fair enough, since a lot of non-gaming girls are, well, rather not nice towards guys who are really into gaming.
I'm a gamer girl :D and I love it. I also love beating guys in games they are usually 'good' at :P
I've even debated in what console was better, 360 or ps3...
Well lets just say around 5 against 2(me being into 360 and number 2. just liking what I was saying xD), I actually kicked their butts.
I think more girls should start playing games, and stop complaining about the guys playing games.
Join them in playing! They'll like you more for it.

Silverbleed 11-27-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny (Post 205053)
It is far more rare to find a guy surprised about a gamer being female these days, because gaming is way more mainstream.

I have to disagree with you there. In my country it's still almost taboo under girls to play games. "Girls don't play games. They go shopping." Which is ridiculous, but it's really happening. So far I've only known 3 other girls in my life that play games. That isn't exactly much, and they're not as active in gameplaying as me, except for one of those three.
It really depends where you live, because in my country... gaming is a 'nono' when you're a girl. And not only guys think that, the girls think the same which doesn't exactly encourages you to play.

AcidDrop 11-28-2010 12:24 PM

us gamer girls rock <3
we're so much better then men.. hehehehehehehehe
im currently obsessed with fallout new vegas <3

Stalker 12-04-2010 06:00 PM

Gamer Girls definitely do rock.
Although, I see more girls playing games these days from when I did, back then.

When Halo 1 came out, guys literally shat themselves.
I remember back on various MMO's I would play, they would be like, "NO SUCH THING AS GURL ON INTERNETS". x3

It's kind of amusing.
When I play against some buddies on MW2, they all rage because I use strategy and key points and such to kick their little bums. xD
I`m not god or anything, but I guess I do take pride in my gaming skills.

tearhex 02-28-2011 12:36 AM

FEMALE GAMERS FOR THE WIN!
im one of them.
and I kick my male friends ass at team fortress >: 3
Bat to the FACE

OtoChan 03-06-2011 04:52 AM

This happened to me just yesterday, I was playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on steam and some guy was just like:

"Chicks can't play this, because they are ****"

I ignored him because it would be pointless to say anything back to him xD But some other random guy stuck up for girls and told him off 8D

I'm a girl gamer, i play, MMORPGs, Shooter games, DDR, Sims, really most games apart from any sports ones xD they stress me out more then anything LOL

OH and i looovee mario, and pokemon! mostly the classic though, like Pokemon yellow 8D (one of my favourites)

ZoraStar 03-06-2011 05:12 PM

ok my two pennys the more blood and guts the better!!! also the survival horrors are the best!

Kaguya 03-06-2011 06:04 PM

I'm a female gamer.
I play on a private server of Perfect world, I am a Support Game Master... 3/4 of the staff are female

Taradiddle 03-07-2011 11:45 AM

I fucking love Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2, but I haven't had a chance to master them yet because the only times I can play is when my bro's friend brings his 360 over. And pretty much every girl I've ever met has AT LEAST played Pokemon, so for someone to think a girl playing video games is some kind of phenomenon... it takes a special kind of idiot. Hell, go read Awkward Zombie, a very strong majority of her comics are about video games.

Now, if someone made that statement back in the 80's and maybe the 90's, there'd be some merit to people thinking that way. There WERE girls who played, but it wasn't nearly as common, so it did seem to be very much a guys' thing.

But now a days, no. Even most guys know that girls play.

Reyoki 03-15-2011 02:09 PM

I play bookoo lots of JRPGs, but I also play things like Fat Princess, Killzone 3, and Metal Gear Solid.

The guys at my college seem startled when I tell them I play things like Devil May Cry and Super Smash Brothers. Apparently, I'm supposed to like only things like Katamari Damacy and Final Fantasy, which I do, but that's besides the point. My point is that female gamers are allowed to enjoy games like Digital Devil Saga and InFamous just as much as male gamers, which we do... very much so.

Some of the stereotyping that still goes on probably stems from a lot of female gamers not really admitting to it.

Serra Britt 03-20-2011 02:16 PM

Anyone should be able to like any games, and they do, it's sad that some people don't remember that people aren't bound to what they themseves think is "true".
I'm also a gamer girl myself, I play all sorts of games and enjoy quite a lot of different genres, most people aren't surprised by me playing but sometimes they're surprised that I'm a pretty good player, but then again I've been playing games since I was 2 years old also xD I'm not much for competeing in games, I'm more of a fan of cooperation too ^^

Booga 03-31-2011 02:34 PM

Where I live girls dont really get made fun of for playing games. Me and my peeps live in gamer harmony XD.