Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Central Square (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Lip Piercings (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24190)

Satan 10-21-2020 01:42 PM

Lip Piercings

Do any of you have lip piercings? If so what kind? What jewelry do you use? Ever had an infection?

I got snakebites done and the starter studs they put in started slipping the back into my wound and an infection started, I stupidly changed the studs out for HotTopic hoops (was afraid of the back falling in more) and got an even WORSE infection. I've now changed to some piercing shop jewelry. My infections appear to be healing (getting smaller and draining) HOWEVER I'm starting to get pain which I did not have while the infection was "bad" bit concerned about what's going on but not in constant pain, more of a small zap pain. Anyone ever deal with this? Anywho, I'mma wrap this up. I like piercings, if y'all wanna talk about em I'm so down.

Kaderin Triste 10-21-2020 02:31 PM

It's been ages since I had my snakebites (I stupidly let them close up around the time my mom died), so my info may not be accurate.
Depending on how recently they were done, the pain could just be irritation from the changing out of the rings, or just pain from the initial piercing. It seems odd to me that the piercer didn't put in rings that were the correct size (so they didn't go into the hole), it could also possibly be an allergic reaction to the metal of the jewelry.
I'd make sure you're cleaning the piercings regularly (after every meal on the inside and outside and before bed) and monitor them carefully to make sure they're healing up nicely.

I also have my ear cartilage pierced. It gets mild infections sometimes because I'm mildly allergic to the metal that most cheap earrings use so if I wear those in them more than just a couple days my ears will get irritated and occasionally infected. It probably doesn't help that I also forget to wear earrings for months on end so they start to close up too. XP

Yokuutsu 10-22-2020 12:52 PM

I had two, got rid of them, got another one XD

Until it is healed, stainless steel or better only. Studs can mess up your gums (happened to me a bit) and gargling warm sea salt water is good for infections. (and cleaning in general really)

Satan 10-28-2020 09:36 AM

Woah you had snakebites?!? Never would have guessed! That's unfortunate they closed. The piercer did put in the correct sized studs, I'm not too sure what happened, got snagged in my sleep maybe?? The right side was fine but the left side the backing began slipping inside of my lip and that was horrific! That's when I changed to shitty Hottopic jewelry. I haven't had any pain since the initial piercing so I was very worried the day I posted that, gladly the pain left!

Yess I try to clean them as much as I can. Owww, I'm sensitive to metals too that's why hot topic fucked me up. What's it like dealing with cartilage piercings? Does it hurt worse getting them?

@Yoku Ouh whyd you get rid of the two and where is the one you got? Yeahh salt has been my best friend. I am neverr going back to studs ever again D: oh my god they grabbed my teeth rubbed my gums got yanked by food.It was the worrst. I'm happy with my hoops.

Kaderin Triste 10-28-2020 12:12 PM

Lol. Really bad quality photo of my former "badass"ness:
https://i.postimg.cc/8cd4F7bF/379326...95943029_n.jpg

I don't really remember what getting the snakebites felt like, but the continual irritation of me wearing cheap metal earrings definitely makes the cartilage piercings more painful in the long run. And if you sleep on your side(s), the initial healing process can be a real bitch too.

Satan 11-18-2020 03:33 PM

Woah they looked really cool! Love that hair color. Gladly my piercings have gone back to healing without much pain! Not sure what was up the day I made the post but everything seems to be doing really well now!

Kaderin Triste 11-21-2020 07:00 PM

Yeah, I went with the hoops most of the time because I liked the look better and they hit my teeth and gums less, but occasionally would go with sort of half-hoops (usually with spiked tips) or just basic studs.

Glad to hear that yours are doing better now! Sometimes healing processes can just be weird and piercings can have bad days I think.

Satan 12-13-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste (Post 1943259)
Yeah, I went with the hoops most of the time because I liked the look better and they hit my teeth and gums less, but occasionally would go with sort of half-hoops (usually with spiked tips) or just basic studs.

Glad to hear that yours are doing better now! Sometimes healing processes can just be weird and piercings can have bad days I think.

Gah, I had half hoops with spikes, they looked sick, until I ate a spike :| I don't think I'm ever going to change from my full hoops now that they're in. They're too convenient compared to the other styles I tried.