Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcement Archives (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   BBCode Updates! (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7289)

Coda 01-10-2012 04:38 PM

BBCode Updates!

We've got new bbcode! Some of them you may have seen. Others aren't so obvious.

First we have something that will let me write this post: the new [nobb] tag! It's easy to use: just put [nobb] and [/nobb] around the block of text you don't want bbcode to affect.

Next we have long-awaited [imgl] and [imgr] tags, which will float an image to the left or right and wrap the text around it.

Next we have [h], for "heading". This provides a preformatted heading. Usage is simple; you use [h=s1]Section 1[/h] to define a heading with the name "s1" that says "Section 1" on the screen. It on its own isn't particularly useful, until...

... the [to] bbcode! You can use [to=s1]Section 1[/to] to create a link that jumps to one of the headings on the current page! The heading can be in the same post or a different post as long as it's on the same screen.

And if you don't like the formatting of the [h] tag, you can make your own using the [section] tag: [section=s1]Section 1[/section] will create the same section as the [h] tag described above, except it won't apply any special formatting, so you can style it however you want.

We've also got a new [table] bbcode. It works sort of like the one from MediaWiki (e.g. Wikipedia); you use | to separate cells and |- to separate rows. This one's still a work in progress -- there isn't any styling on it yet so it kinda looks ugly -- but it works.

I don't remember if [hr] was around before or not, but here's some official documentation -- [hr]100[/hr] will add a horizontal line that spans across the post. Numbers less than 100 will center a smaller line.

We've got [comment] now, which just hides the contents. Mostly useful for leaving notes to yourself if you're going to edit a post later.

We've got [spacing] now to control line spacing! But don't overdo it please. Try to stay between [spacing=80%] and [spacing=200%].

And finally, you might have noticed the [wiki] tag in the post editor. It doesn't work yet, so don't mess with it. ;) We're trying to put together the Trisphee Storybook in a format that's easier to read than forum threads, and when that's done the [wiki] tag will be used to create links to those pages.

So now, my apologies for the wall of text, but there's a lot of new stuff for you!

Toriki 01-10-2012 04:48 PM

Dear Coda;

YOU ROCKS!!!! *glomp*

Lucid: 01-10-2012 04:49 PM

Hurray for new BBCode! <3

Batty 01-10-2012 04:51 PM

Oohhh! Shiny new codes! THANK YOU, CODA! You're amazing. <3

Demonskid 01-10-2012 04:56 PM

L and R image codes! *spazzes out and glomps coda* ouo!

lnspire 01-10-2012 05:31 PM

*small smile*

This, I am unfamiliar with.

This, I can get used to.

Nightmare 01-10-2012 05:46 PM

IMG LEFT AND IMG RIGHT.
my coding needs are complete on here. ; U;

Dallas 01-10-2012 05:49 PM

OMG IMG L AND R TAGS !!!!!

Tiva 01-10-2012 05:54 PM

Finally! I was going crazy.....

Desserts 01-10-2012 05:58 PM

Yaay new codes for us.c:

Arikana 01-10-2012 06:21 PM

Nice. New BBCodes!! X3

Thank you so much for them, Coda~~ <3

Angel Spirit Girl 01-10-2012 06:34 PM

Those codes are so shiny I don't even know what some of them are at all.

Illusion 01-10-2012 09:49 PM

Lisianthus 01-10-2012 10:26 PM

Oh this seems fun
ill have to read this again and try these things out soon! C:
im so happy! i love learning new codes <3

Hadrian 01-10-2012 10:34 PM

Nice!!! :)

Lucid: 01-10-2012 11:47 PM

Illusion, you can't stick text in an image code. XD