Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Games & Tech (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Fallen London Discussion Thread (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23768)

Quiet Man Cometh 07-23-2019 01:38 AM

This sounds more complicate than I thought. There community stuff going on with Fallen London or is this in-game stuff?

I haven't played, but I do have Sunless Seas and I have enjoyed it enough to want to take a look at Sunless Skies as well. It's a quiet game to play, and sort moves about as fast as your ship. I think I'm still on my original ancestry but not sure. I haven't played in so long that I've forgotten most details, but I've yet to get to the point where I can leave a will.

I like the map though, and how with each excursion out I get a little bit further but I have to decide what is too far. I don't think I've lost everyone to starvation or madness yet. I've had some dark nightmares and curses but managed to save myself before eating people.

Apparently new stories and characters come in, tied with events, but I'm not sure how long it's been since I updated my game through Fallen London. Steam doesn't take care of it that I'm aware of.

Espy 07-23-2019 02:27 AM

In-game politics. Second and the last week of elections started today.

S Skies is similar to Seas but... not for everyone? They ARE still adding content, but as it stands, it's kind of a trading route simulator. I do like it, though.

Stabbsworth 08-06-2019 11:49 AM

the game is pretty complex for a choose-your-own-adventure game tbh.

Quiet Man Cometh 08-07-2019 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espy (Post 1899168)
In-game politics. Second and the last week of elections started today.

S Skies is similar to Seas but... not for everyone? They ARE still adding content, but as it stands, it's kind of a trading route simulator. I do like it, though.

Is that kind of like Seas? I've never really thought much of the trade part but I probably should. It would get me more money and such I imagine. I tend to run out of things while I'm cruising around in areas way far from London. I think I've only found one reliable trade spot to the north and as per the game details, it's never in the same north.

Espy 08-07-2019 12:49 PM

Of course North is never the same North.

So the reduction in ship speed with larger ships looks like a huge problem on paper, but larger ships are actually pretty beneficial. With a carefully planned route (and an encounter or two with the Pirate-Poet), I can get a good 300-400 Echoes every return to London, post food and fuel expenditures for the next trip.

Skies is a LOT more trade route-y than Seas, though, and I feel like paths are restricted a lot more because your floating landmass obstacles often don’t have paths through them, so you end up burning a lot of fuel and food going around the rocks.

Stabbsworth 08-08-2019 10:50 AM

i keep going to Arbor on occasion.

the good thing about it is that it refreshes the opportunity deck.

Espy 08-08-2019 02:35 PM

Arbor?

Stabbsworth 08-13-2019 12:52 PM

uhhhhhh the place where you can get attar

Espy 08-13-2019 03:38 PM

Isn't that the Halloween place?

Stabbsworth 08-15-2019 12:03 PM

i've no idea, frankly.

bluebird 09-12-2019 10:35 PM

hello delicious friends

just started playing this while commuting and have no idea what i'm getting into, but i love the shrouded mystery.

Espy 09-13-2019 01:18 AM

Hello delicious friend, what’s your IGN?

Stabbsworth 09-13-2019 10:19 AM

howdy, pal.

i don't really play fallen london a lot anymore, but i know a couple of people who do.

bluebird 09-13-2019 06:34 PM

Donsuemor

what made u stop? :o

Stabbsworth 09-14-2019 10:16 AM

executive dysfunction.