Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Group Story (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4950)

Suzerain of Sheol 05-20-2011 02:53 PM

Group Story

So, in the interest of getting some more activity in this forum, I'm proposing we all write a story together. Anyone is welcome to add to it, as long as they follow the rules and guidelines, which are as follows:

In case you're skimming, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES BEFORE POSTING

• You have 25 words. Try to stick as close as possible to this, though if you go over or under by one or two, no one's going to draw and quarter you. (Keel hauling remains a possibility, though. ;))
  • I'll be compiling the story every few entries or so. I reserve the right to make changes or edits to keep it flowing and coherent, though I will try to keep such changes to a minimum.
  • When you add an entry, please copy the previous entry in bold into the top of your post to avoid confusion if this threads gets busy. No need for this unless we get really busy.
  • Please check after you post something to see if you've been ninja'd, otherwise, we will default to the first post.
  • This is not a fan fiction. Please keep established characters out of this, it isn't fair to people who aren't familiar with them.
  • You don't have to post complete sentences. Feel free to leave it hanging for someone else to pick up.
  • This is not a place for silliness or spamming. Please try to be serious. If you're going to add an entry, make sure it connects in some way to what's come before. That isn't to say you can't be creative or take the story in a new direction, I just don't want this to devolve into chaos. I reserve the right to exclude entries from the story if I feel they aren't to the benefit of this thread. Again, I'll do my best to not do this, and if you have a problem with it if I do, feel free to PM me and argue your case.
  • If we get muddled or confused with multiple entries, please give me a chance to sort through them and decide which ones to use. I don't want this devolving into chaos.
  • Keep it PG-13, and tasteful please. Swearing is okay, if it fits the context of the story, but please don't use it excessively. Keep sexual content to a minimum and keep it mild, if you're going to include it. Don't get too gory with violence. Let's try and keep any references to drug use/abuse out of this, too, please. This is for fun, not for shock. I reserve the right to exclude or censor an entry on grounds of content, but, again, I will do my best not to.
  • Try to keep conversation or chatter out of this. A little comment here or there on an entry is fine, but make it a different color please so we don't get confused.
  • Please proof-read your entries, and keep spelling and grammar as close to perfect as possible. It cuts down on work for me. ;)
  • This story is going to be in third-person. Please don't post in first-person, as such entries will have to be excluded.
  • No double posting entries. Give everyone a chance to contribute.
  • Keep within Trisphee's Code of Conduct at all times, of course.
  • Try to leave your entries open-ended, to encourage creative responses. Don't be too specific, but don't let this hamper your own creativity either. It's not an ironclad rule, just something to keep in mind.
  • If these guidelines sound too restrictive, you're probably reading too much into them. I'm going to do my best to include everyone's entries, just don't try and push the envelope and we should be fine. :)
  • I reserve the right to add or change rules at my discretion, if needed. I will make a notice in-thread of any updates.

Okay, I think that's enough rules. Let's see where this goes. I'll start us off in the next post.

Have fun, everyone. :)

Suzerain of Sheol 05-20-2011 02:53 PM

The moon was high in the outland hills. The sound of wolves and prey echoed in the night. Alone, a cloaked figure made their way....

Quiet Man Cometh 05-20-2011 08:09 PM

...over the jutting limestone, half walking, half crouching, knee-deep in heather and moss. Calloused, carefull hands felt their way over way-markers on abandoned paths.

Batty 05-20-2011 08:13 PM

Lifting his head, the figure basked in the moonlight. The sky was clear, the moon so vivid, the stars twinkling brightly. Hearing something behind him....

Suzerain of Sheol 05-20-2011 08:25 PM

...his hand strayed to his waist. He cursed himself for the absence of his sword, going for his small hunting knife, instead. Drawing it, he...

Quiet Man Cometh 05-20-2011 08:44 PM

... held his hand under his cloak and looked over his shoulder.

A deer. A damp, weather roughed youngling that probably thought of him as another piece of limestone on the hill.

Suzerain of Sheol 05-20-2011 08:56 PM

With a shuddering sigh, he slid the blade back home, drawing his cloak around him. Creeping forward again, carefully, carefully, he never noticed the...

Yue_Hikaru 05-21-2011 02:23 AM

...quiet figure, soft and pale as the moonlight under a grey cloak. The figure smiled, and although it wasn't necessarily a hard smile, it...

Suzerain of Sheol 05-21-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

The moon was high in the outland hills. The sound of wolves and prey echoed in the night. Alone, a cloaked figure made their way over the jutting limestone, half walking, half crouching, knee-deep in heather and moss. Calloused, carefull hands felt their way over way-markers on abandoned paths.

Lifting his head, the figure basked in the moonlight. The sky was clear, the moon so vivid, the stars twinkling brightly. Hearing something behind him,his hand strayed to his waist. He cursed himself for the absence of his sword, going for his small hunting knife, instead. Drawing it, he held his hand under his cloak and looked over his shoulder.

A deer. A damp, weather roughed youngling that probably thought of him as another piece of limestone on the hill. With a shuddering sigh, he slid the blade back home, drawing his cloak around him. Creeping forward again, carefully, carefully, he never noticed the quiet figure, soft and pale as the moonlight under a grey cloak.

The figure smiled, and although it wasn't necessarily a hard smile, it....
Yay, first compilation. Good work so far, everyone, let's keep it going. :)

Suzerain of Sheol 05-21-2011 11:32 AM

... was a killer's smile, nonetheless, made passionless by years of spilling blood without remorse. This hunt had been long, but would soon be over. He...

Quiet Man Cometh 05-21-2011 08:21 PM

...looked at his quarry, wondering if he was finaly going to go without a fight. His reaction to the deer proved otherwise, though one could still hope.

Suzerain of Sheol 05-22-2011 08:48 AM

With cautious movements, he slid aside his mantle and reached for the crossbow hanging from the unusual holster on his back. Steadying himself, he....

Quiet Man Cometh 05-31-2011 11:42 PM

... could only blink one eye before the cloaked man fell face first onto a limestone rock, a blue feathered knife burried just below the nape of his neck.

Shit.

Suzerain of Sheol 05-31-2011 11:58 PM

(I'll compile this tomorrow, when my internet is hopefully being more cooperative)

Whirling, he dropped, falling flat with a wince. They never hunted alone, and every one of those knives was dripping with enough poison to...

Quiet Man Cometh 06-01-2011 02:42 AM

...fell an ox, or two. He cringed when he heard the tenor laughter coming from nearby.

"You can relax, Gedard. It's just me."

Gedard grunted, and laughed sharply at himself,...

Suzerain of Sheol 06-01-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

The moon was high in the outland hills. The sound of wolves and prey echoed in the night. Alone, a cloaked figure made their way over the jutting limestone, half walking, half crouching, knee-deep in heather and moss. Calloused, carefull hands felt their way over way-markers on abandoned paths.

Lifting his head, the figure basked in the moonlight. The sky was clear, the moon so vivid, the stars twinkling brightly. Hearing something behind him,his hand strayed to his waist. He cursed himself for the absence of his sword, going for his small hunting knife, instead. Drawing it, he held his hand under his cloak and looked over his shoulder.

A deer. A damp, weather-roughed youngling that probably thought of him as another piece of limestone on the hill. With a shuddering sigh, he slid the blade back home, drawing his cloak around him. Creeping forward again, carefully, carefully, he never noticed the quiet figure, soft and pale as the moonlight under a grey cloak.

The figure smiled, and although it wasn't necessarily a hard smile, it was a killer's smile, nonetheless, made passionless by years of spilling blood without remorse. This hunt had been long, but would soon be over. He looked at his quarry, wondering if he was finally going to go without a fight. His reaction to the deer proved otherwise, though one could still hope.

With cautious movements, he slid aside his mantle and reached for the crossbow hanging from the unusual holster on his back. Steadying himself, he could only blink one eye before the cloaked man fell face first onto a limestone rock, a blue feathered knife burried just below the nape of his neck.

Shit.

Whirling, he dropped, falling flat with a wince. They never hunted alone, and every one of those knives was dripping with enough poison to fell an ox, or two. He cringed when he heard the tenor laughter coming from nearby.

"You can relax, Gedard. It's just me."

Gedard grunted, and laughed sharply at himself,...
Second compilation. Post more, people!