Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Central Square (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   City Lock Down (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24107)

star2000shadow 03-24-2020 07:59 PM

City Lock Down

How is everyone handling this whole Corona Virus thing that's going on. How is everyone else handling being stuck at home?
It's not really an issue with me seeing as I'm a Home Body to begin with, so the only difference is my roommate and my sister and her boyfriend are here more 'sigh' I like my 'me time' which i now have to take in my room but i tend to fall asleep in there instead of being able to get anything done.

Kitalpha Hart 03-24-2020 08:19 PM

I'm a homebody too
I also only have a summer job, and that's delayed
Parents are home all day too, and mom's actually getting her room cleaned for the first time in my memory

Merskelly Metalien 03-24-2020 09:17 PM

>u> I like it and hate it.
I like it because stuff actually gets done, and there's time to spend doin' the things I wanna do.
I hate it because I cannot GO OUT for DINNER for my BIRTHDAY! x{ And also I get bored and lonely from time to time. T-T I made a big cardboard rattlesnake one day out in the backyard and got a sunburn. I kid you not.

Sunako 03-25-2020 02:54 AM

Its only just started in Australia so I cant tell the difference as yet, but we will see. I have a plan to fill in the time, going to teach my daughter a few things. And, start up some drawings when they go to sleep.

star2000shadow 03-25-2020 04:43 AM

So far im a mixed bag, I wanna be able to go out, cause its getting nice out and the ice is gone, so i can walk without fear of falling and injuring myself, even with my cane, and I'm just restless with everyone home all the time 'sigh'

Death by Mirrors 03-25-2020 05:31 AM

Austria started on 3/16, so I'm already in a week and a half. So far it's odd that the local library closed down, but I do have enough books to read at home, so I don't really miss it. Makerspace is closed too, where I've been waiting for the new embroidery machine to arrive. Guess I have to wait a few weeks longer now.

Thankfully March is International Crochet Month on Ravelry, so I've been occupying myself mostly with creative crafts. The only downside so far is my grandma's birthday celebration had to be delayed (original plan had most of the extended family come over for a visit, it's her 85th after all). Now there's only mom, me and some phone calls.

daikokunyo 03-25-2020 06:48 AM

there's things i don't like about lockdown. i'm home where i don't have my own room, and i like my privacy and my space. so i miss having that. i'm also, unexpectedly, busier than ever. along with helping with household things i'm also having to deal with a flood of college takehome assignments because they think we're not gonna do any studying at home unless they deluge us. i actually thought i'd be able to work on my writing during the lockdown, but i haven't even been able to come online here for a couple of weeks (i think? idk even keeping track of time is a little muddled for me right now). there's so much i WANT to do and most of it i can do from home- but i don't have time! and i also want my own space! somewhere to retreat to from the rest of the family!

Stabbsworth 03-25-2020 09:32 AM

the UK is on a soft lockdown.

mildly frustrating.

Den 03-25-2020 02:57 PM

annoyed because my mom is home due to the schools being closed. She and I butt heads regularly as-is.

star2000shadow 03-25-2020 06:07 PM

Hmm the only down side is its starting to get nice and i really really want to get out, like super badly 'sigh'

Panda 03-25-2020 06:30 PM

My whole state is on Lock Down, I've been inside the house for exactly 1 week and I don't hate it at all. It's nice, but then my sleep schedule is all fked up now XD I literally can't sleep at night, I tend to go to sleep at 5 or 6 in the morning and wake up around 12. It's hard not to sleep throughout the day lol

Merskelly Metalien 03-25-2020 09:53 PM

We can't go out to dine and eat at Romano's Macaroni Grill today for my brother's birthday. <:[
So we're ordering our food to-go at curbside pick-up. x]
;n; so sad though that nobody can sing an operatic birthday song in Italian for him though.

say 03-26-2020 01:23 PM

0 difference in life, quarantine is my regular apparently

Derpy McBlueEyes 03-26-2020 06:34 PM

Derpy waddles in and plops down in the middle of the room. "What's the cowona viwus?"

Merskelly Metalien 03-26-2020 07:06 PM

<:] Awhh, Derpy.
*kneels down and softly pats the baby dragon's head reassuringly*
It's just a really nasty virus that is making a lot of people very sick. <:c So the best thing for everyone to do is to stay at home, to stay healthy, avoid touching your face and also to wash their hands.
:] *shows Derpy skele-hands* See? I just washed my hands with a bunch of soap, and now they smell like ammonia and cherries! <x}

Derpy McBlueEyes 03-26-2020 08:06 PM

Derpy looks up, worriedly. "Can I still give hugs? Hugs are nice..."

Merskelly Metalien 03-26-2020 08:09 PM

Sure you can Derpy. <:3 You can hug your mama, and batty and smoky, and all your toy friends. ^-^

Derpy McBlueEyes 03-26-2020 08:52 PM

Derpy gives a puzzled look. "Who's smokey? What about you? Can I give you hugs?"

KittyBeary 03-26-2020 10:14 PM

I don't mind it but the convention I go to in May will likely be cancelled. :C

Panda 03-26-2020 11:08 PM

They extended the lock down for my city to April 12th, I'm not mad about it. I was actually saying to myself that I want 2 more weeks and here we are, 2 more weeks XD

Kitalpha Hart 03-26-2020 11:24 PM

I think we're until further notice, no unnecessary travel, essential businesses only
Heard of a report where PA decided to shut down rest stops and the like, only to undo that when they had a shitton of truckers tell them that they weren't gonna go into that state because that shutdown made it unsafe
A whopping 36 hour shutdown of them lol
Or at least plans to that got shot down

Kaderin Triste 03-27-2020 11:39 AM

I think she meant 'Shade', Derpy!
Lol

And yeah..."stay at home" orders go into effect at midnight and last until April 10th. I still get to work Joann because we are still an "essential" business since we have fabric for masks for medical centers, but the museum is closed to everyone.
I'm dealing with some extreme anxiety about it, but we'll still get paid for 2 weeks of wages and after that, if we don't get to return to work, I can apply for temporary unemployment. But I'm still really anxious about it all.

Merskelly Metalien 03-27-2020 02:59 PM

<x'D Ah! Shade! Yes, that's what I meant!
<x[ Sorry! My next guess was going to be Foggy. <x}

Derpy McBlueEyes 03-27-2020 05:11 PM

Derpy giggles. "Oh yeah! Shade likes hugs."

Sunako 03-28-2020 08:08 AM

I think its starting to get to me. Ive been locking myself put in the backyard lately, not to talking to people. My children are driving me
batty. More than usual, and I cant escape the stress either because theres nowhere to go. Grr and people wont listen to the restrictions in place and its getting worse.

Merskelly Metalien 03-28-2020 01:33 PM

It's strange over here. The state sent out an emergency alert yesterday banning all non-essential interactions for the safety of the public, which JUST CAN'T FOLLOW RESTRICTIONS! x{
So home is where we must stay, and we're only allowed to leave to get food and essentials. Not allowed to go to a DMV, or a Bank, or a Coffee/Tea Shop anymore.
B/ This also means no visitors, family, significant others, or the like. Which is a shame, since my brother's girlfriend won't be over watching movies she hasn't seen before anymore. <B] but it's also fortunate, because now it'll likely force my brother to spend some time with our mom and I.

Worst thing about it is that my grandma might be coming home from the hospital soon, <x/ and I am not really looking forward to having to help take care of her. I feel like she honestly might be taken better care of in the hospital, with better people to help her, and better security. <:[ Although, all hospitals now are starting to get more coronavirus patients and may not be safe for other people anymore. I think they prefer to get her out as soon as possible, so as to not expose her to it. She misses our company, and maybe our food, but I hate to watch her just fade away like this. Her mind is going, along with her ability to do anything for herself. <n> It pains me to see her like that. Though I do my best to smile and joke with her, she just can't seem to remember anything anymore, so she needs constant attention or restraint. She may be very well close to death, and I just hope it comes quickly and painlessly for her. She has requested for no resuscitation and no life-saving surgeries, so if something happens, she's done. I just don't want her to have to die thanks to this pandemic, because from what I hear, it is a terrible way to die. Alone. With little means to even breathe. And without a hope that it'll leave you alive.

Also, I realized the other day that both my dad and brother may be at risk for the virus, as my brother had asthma as a child and my dad had lung surgery about a decade ago. <:{ My mom's at risk too, since she is not the healthiest person, no matter how much I educate her and encourage her to be healthy. I may be at risk, though if I do get it, I'm not dying without a fight! >x{
I did have a nasty flu that lasted nearly half a month last year around this same time, and I nearly fractured my ribs coughing. <x'{ On top of that, I had some bad dysmenorrhea during my periods, so not only was I sick, there was so much pain. <:'c I hated it! So I'm gonna do my part and my damndest not to contract this virus. <x'c If it's WORSE than what I had last year, I don't want it! /8{
I'm trying to fill my body with water,
healthy foods,
avoiding the UNhealthy foods,
wiping down surfaces and things we touch,
washing da hands!,
making sure we have medication in case of emergency,
and I am staying in the house for most of the day, only going in the backyard for exercise. 8T
I got a better chance of not getting sick, and not staying sick if I take care of this stinkin' body of mine.

Witchchylde 03-28-2020 06:35 PM

Derpy hugs are the best hugs, especially in quarantine!

Derpy McBlueEyes 03-28-2020 09:30 PM

Derpy waddles around, offering hugs to everyone.
"Pwease stay healfy evwybody!"

Sunako 03-29-2020 05:33 AM

Thank you Derpy. I will try and stay healthy.

Coda 03-29-2020 07:04 PM

My father-in-law is gonna get himself killed because he can't keep his stupid butt in the house.

Stabbsworth 03-30-2020 02:56 PM

so, BoJo managed to get covid-19.

he can't follow his own advice, evidently.

Merskelly Metalien 03-31-2020 10:47 PM

Quick overall Check-In:
It's a battle.
An intense, vicious, harsh, grueling battle...
every day.
between me and myself,
to keep myself from NOT completely ruining my health.
<x'}
So far,...I'm losing the battle by eatin' the wrong things,
and not getting up to walk around more often.
And I'm winning, because I am still not sick, starving, or in pain...yet.
;u;
It's hard being a human being...can I be a dinosaur instead? ;n; Feel like that might actually be a lot easier. <x}

Derpy McBlueEyes 04-01-2020 01:17 PM

"Be a dwagon like me!"

Coda 04-01-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derpy McBlueEyes (Post 1938823)
"Be a dwagon like me!"

Always be yourself.

Unless you can be a dragon. Then always be a dragon.

Merskelly Metalien 04-01-2020 02:13 PM

:/ Maehhh I can't be a dragon.
<:/ I can't even be a dinosaur.
I'm good at being a spook tho. :T

daikokunyo 04-03-2020 01:29 AM

you can be a spook. then you won't have to worry about a complicated human body. you'll just be ectoplasm. much more low-maintenance.

Kitalpha Hart 04-03-2020 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coda (Post 1938837)
Always be yourself.

Unless you can be a dragon. Then always be a dragon.

Or a unicorn

Or a unigon (unicorn dragon)

Merskelly Metalien 04-03-2020 11:13 PM

@ daiko: Yessss, much more low maintenance. X] I wouldn't need to shower or eat anymore. xD

@ Kit: Ah Unigons. Are they a separate creature from Dragicorns? :/

Stabbsworth 04-10-2020 10:14 AM

alright, so i'm officially stuck at home for the time being.

my dad is still working at the shop.

not sure what to do.

Sunako 04-11-2020 06:18 AM

Yeah, Im stuck at home too. Only really leave the house to go for a walk.