Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   What are you reading right now? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533)

Kalei 07-22-2010 05:55 PM

What are you reading right now?

I'd figures I'd beat everyone to the punch and start the obvious topic. tell us what you're reading and maybe tell us about it if you want to.

I'm reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

johnny 07-22-2010 06:08 PM

That's one of my mom's favorite books. I have it, haven't gotten around to reading it yet though. We have The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, and I read Anthem in high school, which was pretty good.

Right now I'm reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, though. Bit of a step down on the literary ladder. xD

It's all part of my plan to re-read the books that made me love reading when I was younger. Trying to inspire myself to love reading again.

Kalei 07-22-2010 06:18 PM

Cool, maybe I should do that. I'm reading Atlas Shrugged more out of stubornness than anything, because I've been working on it for so long. it's a good book, just big.

AceValkyrie 07-22-2010 06:26 PM

I am currently reading Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs of the Mercy Thompson Series.

Well first of all, Mercy is a Shape-shifter who shape shifts into a Coyote. Mercy lives next to an Alpha male of an werewolf pack called, Adam. She was raised by werewolves so she knows a lot about them and stuff. Bone crossed is the fourth book of the Mercy Thompson series, and in this book the local Vampire Queen, Marsilia finds out Mercy crossed her and killed a member of her clan. Marsilia wants revenge on Mercy, but, mercy is protected by the werewolf clan but Marsilia won't go after Mercy, but her friends.

Sadrain 07-23-2010 05:06 AM

I picked up "The Secrets of Immortal Nicholas Flamel Book II" recently, but I haven't gotten around reading it... I will probably do so soon, though.

Kalei 08-03-2010 01:27 AM

I'm reading Elvenborn by Andre Norton an Mercedes Lackey. I started it a few months ago, and figured I better finish it before reading anything else.

Toxic 08-04-2010 02:10 AM

I'm trying to read Blood Beast by Darren Shan (yes the Demonata series).
Call me a turkey burger but his books are actually addicting ._.

Chi 08-04-2010 03:14 AM

I finished reading it but I was reading Shanghai Girls by Lisa See.
I want to start reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold but I don't know where my sister put it.

Behemoth 08-04-2010 03:15 PM

I just started on Breakfast of Champions, by Kurt Vonnegut. I have to say that, while not my absolute, number one favourite author (that position is tied between Douglas Adams and Neil Gaiman, but only when he's writing Sandman), he's definitely one of my favourites. His cynicism is just so eager and oddly cheerful.

Sadrain 08-09-2010 01:53 PM

"Montezuma's Daughter" by H. Rider Haggard.

Ashurato 08-14-2010 06:58 PM

The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix, though I'm thinking of restarting The Lark and the Wren or the Harper Trilogy again.

Alucard 08-18-2010 01:14 PM

I'm currently reading the third book in the Midnighters Trilogy by Scott Westerfield.

Syric 08-19-2010 08:29 PM

Company Aytch by Sam Watkins

Yommy 08-25-2010 08:09 AM

Right now I am trying to get through Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire. It's not a bad book, I just take notions to read and leave the internet alone so I read. xD

Bookworm_Ninja 09-24-2010 10:37 PM

Unfortuunately I'm reading my college books. However, my most recent favorite is Blood Ninja, good story line and a sequal coming out soon :D

Poggio 09-25-2010 01:46 AM

I just finished reading To Light A candle by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory. I can't wait to buy the last book to see how it ends. In the time in between I am reading Enders Game By Orson Scott Card. Its pretty interesting.