Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trisphee Talk (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Toho's Dev Diary, 15 July - Clearly Not Dead (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22643)

Tohopekaliga 07-15-2017 06:00 PM

Toho's Dev Diary, 15 July - Clearly Not Dead

Hey hey! I still do work! Sometimes.

Honestly, I have done far less than I should have for a while. Mostly just made sure things didn't burn down and did updates for events while everybody else did the hard stuff like make or delightful items and post regularly.

So. Sorry about that, users.

BUT. Here I am! And by glob, I will get things done.

You may have noticed that I made a new (closed) sticky, Dev Updates Log I will list stuff I did each day I actually make an update to the site. (Things that I work on, but do not put on the site itself will not be posted there.)

As you can see from that, I've done a bit in the past few days relating to Item Tagging, which I've mentioned a few times in the past as being kind of seriously mission critical. As such, I need to get that finished before I can do anything particularly important.

There's not really too much to say about it in particular that I haven't already said. There'll be a fixed list of tags of several different types (colors, type [clothing piece, type of body part, scene, companion, etc], and theming), with everything that applies going on an item.

The first place that I'll use this is the Avatar Editor, which is already using it...but almost no tags are actually done.

Naturally, that means the thing I actually need to do now is a tool to tag items easily, in addition to ensuring our Item Creation tools do it for us as easily as possible.

I'll also mention that I have a tendency to fix things that I notice and am bothered by as I'm using the site--such as flipping item previews in the shops when appropriate. Right now I'm thinking the most like next "I can't take this any longer" update is gonna be how "Preview Post" looks nothing like a real post.

Anyway, folks, how ya doin'? Any thoughts about current dev priorities? Something that's not broke, but you still wanna see fixed?

Den 07-15-2017 06:59 PM

tbph? I'm just glad y'all are willing to be transparent about the behind-the-scenes stuff, and communicate with users about what's going on.

Tohopekaliga 07-15-2017 08:16 PM

:) Always happy to even over-share. The more everybody knows about what's going on, the more we can all feel like it's sensible and not horrible.

Or something. That sounded better in my head before I put all the words down. Oh well!

Coda 07-15-2017 09:39 PM

Should I make my own dev updates log or should I share yours?

Gallagher 07-15-2017 10:51 PM

coda, i think the dev updates log is probs okay to share, but if you want your own weekly publishing, maybe don't piggyback on "toho's dev diary", lmao

Illusion 07-15-2017 11:14 PM

I'm just mindlessly waiting until you need to get to the design aspect of the new avatar creator. THEN I WILL LET HELL UNLEASH ON YOU FOOLS.

Glitch 07-15-2017 11:35 PM

Illu man . . . you were so nice a couple weeks ago what happen

Tohopekaliga 07-15-2017 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coda (Post 1787961)
Should I make my own dev updates log or should I share yours?

Yeah, post there too. Feel free to make your own dev diaries. :P

Illusion 07-16-2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitch (Post 1787981)
Illu man . . . you were so nice a couple weeks ago what happen

I let my edgelord out.

edit:

All my niceness went to my new puppers.

Demonskid 07-16-2017 12:02 PM

What dk wants to see worked on are things that aren't ever gonna be top priority. x'D

Tohopekaliga 07-16-2017 12:17 PM

Well, they'll never be any priority if you don't say them. :P

Demonskid 07-16-2017 12:38 PM

Social Groups o3o
Polls (they been broken for a while)

Social groups especially, o3o I use them lots for my charity and my crunchy thread.

Illusion 07-16-2017 12:55 PM

Being able to have a poll system.
*dwells*

Tohopekaliga 07-16-2017 01:09 PM

Hmm? What's wrong with the polls?

Illusion 07-16-2017 02:59 PM

Don't work.
Bad user interface in order to create them.
And they don't work.

Tohopekaliga 07-16-2017 03:08 PM

Now, I acknowledge that vBulletin's poll interface is bad and needs to be replaced, but the polls definitely work. I've checked them.