Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Club House (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Horrible Hobby Hangout - Join us for sweet tea and sewing! (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22153)

Tam I am 04-21-2024 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste (Post 1955949)
I wish that were an option tbh.
But unless I want to rip apart the intricate beaded ornaments my deceased mother made for me (which I don't), it's not really an option.

Ohhhh. Yeah, nonono.

Had the weirdest dream just before I got up this morning, but I actually made it back to what was supposed to be my neighbourhood in the dream. That's pretty rare.

Den 04-22-2024 10:14 AM

vibing while I wait for a 3D print to be completed. :3

Kaderin Triste 04-22-2024 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tam I am (Post 1955950)
Ohhhh. Yeah, nonono.

Yeah, I mean I don't need to spend a ton in supplies just to get started/practice/decide if I want to actually do it again. $30-40 is probably the max amout really. But also I should probably just focus on finishing current projects. Maybe in a couple paychecks I can splurge a little on the new craft stuff.

Tam I am 04-22-2024 11:35 AM

What're you printing, Den?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste (Post 1955957)
Yeah, I mean I don't need to spend a ton in supplies just to get started/practice/decide if I want to actually do it again. $30-40 is probably the max amout really. But also I should probably just focus on finishing current projects. Maybe in a couple paychecks I can splurge a little on the new craft stuff.

Yeah! That'd be a good prize for getting stuff done. πŸ˜€

Den 04-22-2024 05:14 PM

well, I originally thought it was a pendant of a specific D&D deity's face, but turns out it was her insignia instead, but I can still use it. just gotta sand the bottom flatter, and then I can use it as a stamp. it's the right size for a specific part of a costume I've been working on, so it works out, and I can have a friend of mine make the actual pendant design (I'll bribe him with baked goods lol), and I'll get THAT printed off next.

Espy 04-22-2024 05:20 PM

-drifts in- Ooh, which deity?

Tam I am 04-23-2024 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Den (Post 1955963)
(I'll bribe him with baked goods lol).

Come to the dork side. We have CAKE.

Den 04-23-2024 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espy (Post 1955965)
-drifts in- Ooh, which deity?

The Matron of Ravens. :3

Espy 04-23-2024 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Den (Post 1955971)
The Matron of Ravens. :3

Oh interesting, not a particularly popular one.

Den 04-25-2024 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espy (Post 1955973)
Oh interesting, not a particularly popular one.

I'm working on a "What if" cosplay of a character whose "What If" version is a Cleric of the Matron. in the campaign setting he's from (any Exandria campaign Matthew Mercer runs), the Matron of Ravens is a fairly big deal.

Kaderin Triste 04-26-2024 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tam I am (Post 1955961)

Yeah! That'd be a good prize for getting stuff done. πŸ˜€

Hmmm...now to decide how much I need to finish to "earn" the reward...Lol
Nah, I think if I can get a few more plushies finished and then added to the shop and maybe finish a shawl, then I can spend time and money on the new idea. xD
And maybe re-take pics for the current shop plushes. More dynamic "adventure" pics.

Den 04-27-2024 08:23 PM

jumping back to my big BJD project, and now the hips are done. This doll is top-heavy, so I'll absolutely be making a stand for him. But he can bend almost 90 degrees at the hips or chest, and his head can go 360ΒΊ, so I'm happy. And yes, I am documenting things that I do. I'll eventually have to make a second doll, photographing each section as I go.

Kaderin Triste 05-14-2024 02:51 PM

Going to go through my WiP plushies bin again soon and try to finish up more animals. Did finally finish 1 dragon that uses a hand-spun yarn for the body and a hand-dyed (by me!) yarn for the horns and wings, so it's a bit more unique than most. Will have to try to get pics of it soon.

Really need to get some more pics for Etsy soon too and maybe work on updating my listings. And also work on some additional little trinkets I can add to it soon as well. XP