Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Writers' Journals (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   s a n c t u a r y (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1746)

Espy 10-03-2010 12:31 AM

s a n c t u a r y

Musings of Espy. Potentially best served with rueful solipsistic laughter. No longer updated on front page.

Espy 10-03-2010 12:31 AM

This one I did for school. Hehe~ Bonus points for guessing which poet I'm imitating.

Espy 10-03-2010 12:33 AM

Creative Writing class stuff:

worlds. (Had to include three words chosen from a classmate's list of favorite words.)

"worlds" was meant to be read in one breath and really quickly. Unfortunately my teacher didn't quite like my tongue's speeding.

little lies. (For this one, we took one line from a classmate from the above exercise and used it as the first of a six-line poem.)

underwater. (A "response" to Sharon Olds's "The One Girl at the Boys Party", written from a different point of view.)

it's got a cubic shit-ton of math references, almost one on every line.

Punch (Much different from my usual poetry. We had to take a cliche, chosen at random, and create a poem revolving around it. This one's not as dark as the others, and silly bordering on ridiculous. It's got a tacky rhythm too. More practice with alliteration and assonance.)

masks (Written for a slam poetry competition in the CWrit class. It's a group poem, hence the three-line series.)

Espy 10-03-2010 12:33 AM

Personal stuff

War

tomorrow (based off and quoting from Macbeth; done as an impromptu response to Funkduder's poems, haha...)

Espy 10-29-2010 11:37 PM

Eehhhh.
Someone wanna critique?

Ashy 12-30-2010 07:32 PM

i like the first one :o

With The Current 02-13-2011 12:12 AM

I agree, the first one is nice

Espy 09-30-2011 02:39 AM

-kicks the thread- Updated. Will add more later.

DarkForbidden-Love 09-30-2011 10:01 PM

I liked "Worlds" and "Little Lies" Tried two different speeds on "Worlds" and thought it sounded better when read slowly.

Espy 10-01-2011 12:30 AM

Ah, really? Didn't plan for it to be that way, but reading it again, I see what you mean, it's better slower. Whoops >.>

And thanks :)

Espy 10-01-2011 05:30 PM

Updated again. I really should post stuff other than my poetry, but I doubt anyone wants to read a six-page story.

DarkForbidden-Love 10-01-2011 06:29 PM

In 'underwater' you forgot to capitalize i in the last line. Nevermind this then It the second word in. I found this part "knees bent in the to not slip," I'm not sure if you ment it this way or if I'm just not getting it.
Sorry for nitpicking your work but I so like the new poems. 'Punch' was funny even if not you normal style.

Espy 10-01-2011 06:41 PM

Fixed; it now reads "in the effort to not slip". My recent poems don't have any capitalization, except for Punch. Dunno why.

And thanks again >__<

Quiet Man Cometh 10-02-2011 07:30 AM

The second one is irritatingly familiar but the precise answer isn't coming. Shot in the dark and say Johnathan Swift?

Espy 10-02-2011 01:04 PM

Your shot was amazingly accurate >.> -hugs- Yeah, Swift, an assignment last year.

Quiet Man Cometh 10-03-2011 12:04 AM

Heh. He's the first one I thought of when I think sarcasm, so I suppose it was a shot in the dark against someone talking ;). "The Lady's Dressing Room", perchance?