Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Games & Tech (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   I'm A Gamer Girl! (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1903)

Kyoshoku 10-09-2010 09:41 AM

I'm A Gamer Girl!

So what? So what?

Why in the world do guys find it so hard to believe that girls like games? I actually, HONESTLY, had one guy throw a fit about it. I couldn't believe him. He did it in front of all of my friends. This is how said confrontation went:

"Oh. . . God. You're claiming you're a girl?"
"Erm. . . that's because I am of the female race."
"No way. That can't be right."
"Huh?"
"You bought a rated R game, and it's filled with gory things and monsters."
"Oh, I'm sorry. Let me go back to playing in my frilly dresses and my barbies. Sorry!"

I wanted to call him all manner of names, but my clan leader was there and he frowns upon such interactions. D<

But anyway! So I love to play games like Resistance: Fall of Man, Jak n' Daxter, and Kingdom Hearts. I've got at least 3K in games sitting in my drawer. xD

Let's talk about games!

Kanobei 10-09-2010 09:45 AM

.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦ .· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.
Alot more girls play games these days. Ten years ago, naw, you wouldn't have found many playing games. I think it's just becoming more commonplace now. Just ignore him and tell him he's a retard. No biggie.

Kyoshoku 10-09-2010 09:49 AM

Oh, that happened a while ago (thank god). I did go to ignoring him shortly after that!

I'm so proud of girls nowadays. My sister likes to play, but she's no good with newer games. ouo

She tried to play Dead Space -hoshiz. That camera went EVERYWHERE.

Kanobei 10-09-2010 09:51 AM

Lol. I like the new castlevania... a ton :)

Kyoshoku 10-09-2010 09:55 AM

I've never played Castlevania. Though for some reason that reminds me that I really have got to finish Devil May Cry 4. I always start the game, get 30 min in, and put it down for some reason. Most of the time because I have to go to work and the like.

Though I heard Castlevania is amazing. c:

Kanobei 10-09-2010 10:24 AM

The new one is stellar.. i haven't played every game in the series.. but I have enjoyed the ones i've played

Silverbleed 10-09-2010 10:29 AM

I've played games my whole life. Guys can't seem to stand being beaten by a girl which makes it extra funny if I win =P Gladly my boyfriend wasn't one of those guys who didn't believe girls play games too. After all, I'm on the same level as him (except for shooters, he's done that all his life and I just started) so he better lives with the fact I might win from him xDD

Kanobei 10-09-2010 10:31 AM

Where'd you get your Avi...

And I agree, most guys do get upset when losing to a girl, but I'm not one of them. That's just silly...

Silverbleed 10-09-2010 11:03 AM

My avi? I made it? o__o;

Kanobei 10-09-2010 11:13 AM

It's really good! ^_^ are you doing commissions?

Silverbleed 10-09-2010 11:20 AM

Oh you meant the art >_>
Yeah I made that too but I'm not doing commissions.

Kanobei 10-09-2010 11:49 AM

Drat, it's so wonderfully done ^_^

johnny 10-09-2010 11:52 AM

I honestly thiink the "guys are shocked by female gamers" thing is blown severely out of proportion. It is far more rare to find a guy surprised about a gamer being female these days, because gaming is way more mainstream. It'd be like getting shocked because a girl is into sci-fi entertainment: it's just not shocking in this day and age of pop culture.

Immamoonkin 10-09-2010 12:03 PM

There was a Kotaku writer that made an article saying you're not a real "gamer girl" unless you play sports games and EVERYTHING OUT THERE.

I threw a fit. I'm not into sports games. I'm not into zombie horrors. I like my Mario and Kirby and DDR. I don't think it's fair for you to say what I can or cannot be just because I don't play the same games as you. I also told her I'd kick her ass with my hot pink DSi. :P

Kanobei 10-09-2010 12:29 PM

I've been playing video games for 14 years and I don't like sports games... i'm a guy gamer... everyone has their own opinion on what games they like... People that feel like they need to label everyone according to their own whim is pretty self absorbed if you ask moi xD

sprinkles 10-09-2010 12:58 PM

i'm not a big fan of video games.
they're just not that exciting to me. ; n;