Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   NaNoWriMo anyone? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9569)

Lawtan 10-19-2016 11:56 AM

...If I write, will folk hate me for what I write? (More correctly, will folk I actually care about hate me?)

trystan830 10-19-2016 11:59 AM

nope, i don't hate anyone for doing NaNo.... unless it's actual hate speech designed to be hate speech.

whatcha writing anyway?

Lawtan 10-19-2016 12:27 PM

Well, it ranges. Horror. Romance. Science Fiction. Historical Fantasy. Surrealism.

(Okay, it ranges from "Science Fiction Magic School Bus Undertale" to "furry creature hopping across surreal space and time" to "Silent Hill LGBT" to "stuff inspired by Studio Ghibli" to "Medieval Animorphs" to "time-reversing cephalopod civilization")

trystan830 10-19-2016 12:31 PM

that certainly is quite a range there, Law!

my story idea this year is a timey-wimey... err.... prequel to the story i wrote in 2014. the world in which it starts out is kinda dystopian, very technology-oriented, thanks to the TechRev. my main character is the catalyst for the Retro Movement, which is all over my story from 2014.

Lawtan 10-19-2016 12:38 PM

Retro Movement?

(The School bus one is sort of where things like "Goat Man", "SHADE - the totem", "UN - the Pipeline", "MORC the dragon train", and all come from...probably will work on that one)

trystan830 10-19-2016 12:47 PM

the story from 'Yours in time, Jacks' is set in various times in the future - ranging from 2246 to 2515. there's a lot of technology, very similar to what we have today. my one character, Janie (from 2246) would rather read an actual book than an ebook. there's still CDs, records, books, notebooks and the like because my ubiquitous Retro Movement is all over the place.

sure, there's seat belts that automatically fit into place when you close the door; there's AI assistants, memo apps, and email on tablets, home 'phones' that were the tech center of the home... as my one line says: 'If the Tech Movement had their way, nothing would ever be written on paper, books would be electronic, and we’d all have little screens following us around with our daily reminders.'

but the Retro Movement is based on everything happens in 20 year cycles, so that 'everything old is new again' =)

SparX 10-19-2016 06:41 PM

Ok. I got my account made, and I'm starting on my story outline. I'm kinda excited now =3

trystan830 10-19-2016 09:45 PM

yaaay SparX!

are you SparX on the site too?

told you i'm an enabler.... XD

SparX 10-19-2016 09:49 PM

I friended you. Sparx was already taken, so it's Sparxlette

I've spend the past 4 hours working on conflicts and base outlines and random notes =3

trystan830 10-19-2016 09:55 PM

yep, i added you back.

heee.... you're already a planner. i'm a pantser - big time. i write by the seat of my pants. well, i'll plan a little bit here and then a little bit there, and i kinda know where i want it to go. like - if i decide to take a road trip out to visit you... i know i want to go west, but i haven't decided which roads to take.

SparX 10-20-2016 11:59 AM

I need to know which direction my story is going and what are my main points. The extra details will be improvised, but I like to have a fleshed out backstory to each main character, random notes about the backstory of the planet or setting, just things to keep me guided on my path.
I thought at first I would be a plantser, but I didn't quite think I fit the description.

Currently I have all my major conflicts, story goals, and a bunch of random notes finished.

The below spoil is just a random note/backstory on the setting for what I'm thinking, because I kinda wanted to put in a little Climate change agenda in there XD

trystan830 10-20-2016 12:03 PM

yep, you sound like a planner to me.

this story has a bit more of my usual planning because i need it to connect to an establised story already. i have a google doc that i pasted a lot of my references from the previous story into, so i know what i wrote then. i'm awful at remembering things like that.

Lawtan 10-20-2016 12:05 PM

...not sure that contact with space can make a cold desert. (The Gobi Desert is a Cold Desert, so how that is the case makes for good research)

I sort of learn all I can, then just write...

SparX 10-20-2016 12:05 PM

PLAN YOURSELF TRYSTAN
FALL INTO THE PLANNERS TRAP
MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

edit: I was thinking of how mars can be described as a cold desert because of its lack of atmosphere.
I also need to figure out how the atmosphere was able to repair itself on earth (besides the fact we humans aren't there...really?) I needed a few to go underground after getting radiated(and mutated) from human wars so they can mutate into my elf clans over centuries XD

trystan830 10-20-2016 12:06 PM

nope... i write by the seat of my pants! XD

SparX 10-21-2016 12:06 PM

Gotta love latin to help you come up with names XD
Plannings taking longer then I thought, but I don't want to miss important details and feel the need to have at least a variety of things to pull from >.>
I hope to start actually writing by tomorrow or sunday.