Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Critique me? (Work in progress) (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5204)

Espy 06-16-2011 08:38 PM

Critique me? (Work in progress)

So I had a sudden (and stupid?) urge to draw something....lineless. Maybe the worst idea ever. But...anyone wanna critique? Anything I should fix/change/erase the crap out of/"deargodwhydidyoudrawthis"? XD Just looking for advice. (And yes, it's a WIP.)

Ashy 06-16-2011 08:48 PM

the face/hair looks good, but im not an artist so maybe you should wait for other opinions ><

Espy 06-16-2011 08:51 PM

XD Thanks, Ashy. Also....I keep thinking of Funkduder whenever I see your title.

Ashy 06-16-2011 08:52 PM

lol yeah its from a convo funk, keiko and I had once ><

Batty 06-16-2011 08:57 PM

_____________⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
_______.LET ME˚ TAKE THE` FA:LL!
______________________let me take the blame _____ let me carry you from hell _____ to home again

• I actually REALLY like lineless art.
    It reminds me of Vector Art. [unless it falls into the same category. xD]

Everything looks really good, to me.
    I don't know about the small space between the legs, though.

Espy 06-16-2011 08:59 PM

I've never done lineless before. Any suggestions on how to warp the background so that the left foot isn't too close to the outer edge of the wall? If I move the bg up, the right foot would be on the deco x____X

Batty 06-16-2011 09:18 PM

_____________⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
_______.LET ME˚ TAKE THE` FA:LL!
______________________let me take the blame _____ let me carry you from hell _____ to home again

• I actually have NO idea. xD;
    I can't even work photoshop properly, so I couldn't tell ya. =[

Quiet Man Cometh 06-17-2011 05:13 AM

The way it looks to me, it's the left foot that's on the pillar and the right foot that's on the wall. Looks fine to me, close or not. I don't think you really need to change the pose. If you insist though, I think moving it down is your best bet in terms of ease. If that's an issue you could extend the width of the wall a little by using the rubber stamp tool to copy a portion of the cement and stamping it further up. Copying and pasting a section of wall could do it too. The colour of the cement is fairly uniform so it shouldn't be too difficult to match. I'd suggest copying as close to the upper edge as possible so that you still have the lighter edge but not the greenery since the trees wouldn't line up properly anymore.

I would also suggest tweeking the shading on the nose a little bit. I'm not the best with light, but if the light source is infront of him, since the back of his neck is shaded, than the line of his nose and the bridge should be highlighted and the shading done farther back to where the nostril is, because of the angle of his face. So far, the whole picture looks to be like he's turned slightly towards the viewer.

I like it so far. :)

Kotetsu 06-17-2011 07:44 AM

It's so small!

But the face/hair looks fine to me except for what was already mentioned (shading of the nose, especially)
The only thing that seems to be REALLY off is the chest...
It's just way too big where it connects to the neck. It doesn't really look as if you are looking at it from the side. You should check some reference photos for that, I think.

Espy 06-18-2011 07:11 PM

Yeah, I don't think I'm changing the chest. Waaaaayyyy too much work. I might put part of his jacket over it.

Quiet Man Cometh 06-18-2011 08:48 PM

Umm, is it supposed to be a side view? The lack of shading can play tricks a bit with shape but it looks to me like he's turned slightly towards the "camera" which would make his chest look wider. Same with the hips. Once things get shaded in it should be easier to tell.

Muff Muff 06-21-2011 10:21 AM

You need a little bit more detail for the body. Seems like it doesn't match the same style as the face. But very good, all the same.

Poggio 06-21-2011 12:32 PM

This might just be personal preference but I am not sure the realistic background works with a manga style unless you intend that background to be a place holder for something more flat and graphic later. Other then that I would have to wait till its finish to see the full effect because my opinion might change depending on how render the figure ends up.

Jurinjo 06-24-2011 12:03 PM

even though your cheated with the background I am jealous of you Espy. You hear me? JEALOUS! <3

I could also see you making art for flash games >w>
-makes a silent note of that-

Espy 06-24-2011 12:28 PM

Thanks...? XD I AM making a flash game (pirated Flash, of course) for my friends birthday.

Well. At least....I'm attempting to make one.

I'm also learning how to render. >.> Yeah, I've dabbled in pretty much everything minus history, which I don' care much for.

CupcakeDolly 06-24-2011 06:40 PM

It looks really, really good from the neck up! If you did the same thing with the rest of the body as you did with the face and hair, I think it'll be great.