Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Look what I fail at!!!...Pixels... (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8683)

Kali_Namir 07-12-2012 01:07 AM

Look what I fail at!!!...Pixels...

So I tried my hand at pixeling, but I think I failed at it.

What do you think???

Base came from here...
And I used tutorials from there to help me with shading...
Also used tutorials from here...

Sooo...for my first try how did I do???

Any tips or other helpful sites???

Twisted Alyss 07-12-2012 01:25 AM

I think you did pretty good for your first try, this was mine yaers ago lol X See you did better than me. I liked how yours came out,I dont even do shading. So nope you didn't fail :3

Kali_Namir 07-12-2012 01:30 AM

I suck at drawing or I would have tried my hand at something like yours...

Funny thing is I made that outfit based on things in my closet...and all with a touch pad mouse...

littl3chocobo 07-12-2012 01:33 AM

well, i would suggest hair XD but it is fairly good for a first try. going to tell you right now though, pillow shading is a very bad habit to get into, it makes it look very amateur no matter how many you do, pick one of the four corners of the next one you work with and put a big yellow circle in it, pretend that is the sun and make /that/ the point of light, it will help you so much more

Kali_Namir 07-12-2012 01:40 AM

See that's the part that is extremely hard for me...I can't seem to visualize the correct lighting...

littl3chocobo 07-12-2012 02:15 AM

which is what the dot is for, if you can see the sun you can see where the light is

Ginger 07-12-2012 04:46 AM

I think your pixels look great! You should definitely aim for the next item design contest.

Kali_Namir 07-12-2012 01:04 PM

I might...idk...that also take the ability to come up with ideas...

If anyone has some good shading tutorials that'd be really helpful since that's really what I massively fail at...

Twigg 07-14-2012 04:34 PM

Firstly, I think you have a good start! The pillow shading has already been addressed, so I won't get into that, but one big big big thing to ALWAYS remember, is that you should never save as a jpeg. Always save as a png or as a gif, if you have transparency (which I can show you how to do, without having to use photoshop). Because when you save as a jpeg it gets all grainy looking, which isn't good. ^^

Kali_Namir 07-14-2012 04:40 PM

Yeah...I normally try not to, but I wasn't paying much attention the night I saved it...

I'll re-save it and upload it better when I get back from dinner...

Twigg 07-14-2012 04:42 PM

Okay! Just wanted to make sure that you knew, cause surprisingly, a lot of new pixelists don't know that. I can't wait to see it. :)

Kali_Namir 07-14-2012 07:13 PM

Updated...Not sure if I did it 100% correct, but it's saved as a PNG nows...

Nevermind...gonna have to re-do it, like entirely...stupid paint program...

Lost_Fantasy13 07-14-2012 08:51 PM

its very good for a first try kali!
Keep it up!!

Kali_Namir 07-14-2012 08:53 PM

The main thing is that I don't exactly know what pillow shading is or how badly I did it...All I know is that it's a bad thing...

But the Lovely Twiggy has offered to help me with shading and the such! YAYS!!! I may actually get good enough to enter an item contest!!!

Mizeria 07-15-2012 04:59 AM

I was more thinkin maybe pixelist someday Kali xDD

Espy 07-15-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twigg (Post 1273603)
Firstly, I think you have a good start! The pillow shading has already been addressed, so I won't get into that, but one big big big thing to ALWAYS remember, is that you should never save as a jpeg. Always save as a png or as a gif, if you have transparency (which I can show you how to do, without having to use photoshop). Because when you save as a jpeg it gets all grainy looking, which isn't good. ^^

...What's pillow shading? And...you can get transp without PS?