Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   NaNoWriMo anyone? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9569)

Quiet Man Cometh 12-18-2016 05:25 AM

Haven't hit the 30k mark yet. School assignments had priority but I beat last year's 5k, and got almost all of the manuscript edited. Just left with a section on travel that I'm not sure if I want to include, really, and then finishing off some of the newer material that I incorporated over the month.

ZenKitty 12-19-2016 09:58 AM

Congratulations Quiet Man Cometh! It's always such a great feeling to do better than the previous year.

Editing is a long and slow process. I find that I keep growing as a writer and by the time I've edited my work, I want to re-edit it because I've learned more about the craft. I haven't learned the "good enough" stance yet. :P

Quiet Man Cometh 12-20-2016 05:24 AM

Well I wrote this back in 2013, so there's been time for me to forget what I wrote and approach it with new eyes. I've never proofread it either so that needed to be done. I've decided that I'm going to pass this to my aunt to be my "editor" because I'm not sure if I'm going actually try and publish it, or just print a few copies. Since it's about family, I'd like to have someone give me a different perspective on what the 'fallout' might be, particularly with extended family that might be in there.

ZenKitty 12-20-2016 11:53 AM

That sounds like a smart idea. Fresh eyes are always helpful, especially when there is potential fallout.

trystan830 12-20-2016 12:45 PM

maybe for next year, i'll do what i'd orginally thought for 2014: i have an unfinished novel i started *ahem* a lonnnnnng time ago, and it's about 2/3 of the way done. even though what i've written so far doesn't count; and even though i may not have 50,000 words by the end of the month - i'll finally have finished my novel that's been in progress since 199... oops, i didn't say that! XD

Coda 11-01-2017 03:40 PM

It's that time again!

I've actually got an idea this year! Annoyingly, I had written up an outline and a sketch for the intro, but I lost it in a botched system transfer. >_< Oh well. It's a good enough idea that I remember what it all was. I'll be starting a thread dedicated to the story once I start writing it.

Anyone else participating this time around?

trystan830 11-01-2017 04:06 PM

me!!!!

yaay for an idea, Coda!!!

so i'm a Rebel this year.... i have a story i started, then got distracted, then got lazy... and NOW i'm finally going to finish it! the kicker is i've always figured i had about a third of the story left.... NOW i get into the file and read the dang thing - i have two half-chapters, a full chapter, and an epilogue left to write!!! woot!!

Coda 11-01-2017 04:31 PM

Heh, wow, you are a rebel, the rules specifically say you're not allowed to do that. XD

I wrote out the prologue for my story already, but I wasn't going to count it in my word count. Of course, now I can't use it at all, because it got lost in that system transfer.

trystan830 11-01-2017 04:51 PM

there's even a badge for Rebel, too XD

i changed my spreadsheet i use for this year - so now i get my word count from google docs, pop it into the cell, and the formula tells me how many words i've written since the beginning. right now, i've only written 532 new words. XD

on the other hand, i KNOW i won't get 50,000 written, BUT i'll finally have finished the thing.... it's been since mumblemumble97mumblemumble.....

Coda 11-01-2017 04:55 PM

Since 2001 for me. I didn't even know about NaNo when I was in high school.

trystan830 11-01-2017 05:06 PM

so i started Timeless Dance in 97. but then in 98, i got hit by the fanfic bug.... and wrote a LOT of fanfic....at least until *checks LJ* 2009.

and then i just got lazy. but here's the thing - there are things i use every day that relate to Timeless Dance - numbers, names, so why the #@$%^&* was i being so @#$%^&*^$ lazy about finishing it? XD

Coda 11-01-2017 05:22 PM

Created my thread: https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22891

trystan830 11-01-2017 05:30 PM

oh cool!

*subscribes to thread*

my google docs link should allow comments to be left: Timeless Dance

keep in mind: chapters 1-17 were completed. ch 18 had been started, what's now ch 20 was just labeled "Last Chapter" and is about half completed. there are my notes where i'm currently writing, for ch 19, and at the end of it as to what i want to write and include. that's to prompt my swiss cheese memory(tm) and fill in all the holes. XD

also: time travel romance. just saying. the explicit scene is in chapter 14.

Coda 11-01-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trystan830 (Post 1814355)
also: time travel romance. just saying. the explicit scene is in chapter 14.

Have you read The Time Traveler's Wife?

trystan830 11-01-2017 05:32 PM

yes; and i own it. and the movie. =)

have you read "Her Fearful Symmetry"? same author.

Coda 11-01-2017 05:59 PM

I have not, but I've been meaning to pick up The Time Traveler's Daughter.