Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Central Square (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Daily Awful (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23199)

Coda 08-29-2019 12:29 AM

Trying to deal with a nasty bug at work that's making a mess of our hotel reservation system.

I figured out how to get a copy of everything that the users have done and replay them against a test server.

It didn't break.

It's REALLY BLOODY HARD to fix a bug if you can't see it in action. And my attempts to clean up the mess it made have been similarly futile -- I'm working on a backup copy while I try to figure it out, and if I manually erase all of the hotel rooms from the backup then the process that creates the rooms just goes and makes the mess again even though the data driving it looks perfectly good.

This is really messing with my head.

I'm going to bed before sleep deprivation stacks with stress to make it even harder to work.

Stabbsworth 08-29-2019 10:17 AM

oof, that really sucks. are you unable to turn the process off?

Kaderin Triste 08-29-2019 10:58 AM

Thanks to burnout, slept through all my alarms this morning and was an hour late to work.

EverAshwood 08-29-2019 11:11 AM

I'm attempting to function on less than 2 hours of sleep
Which is bad enough on its own, but my boyfriend got home VERY late last night, drank too much trying to fall asleep and REFUSED to get up until just before I had to go to class, so I got to do EVERYTHING on my own this morning, leaving me less than 10 minutes to get ready to for class and only the amount of time it took to get to the college to eat.
So now I'm half asleep, high heartrate from 2 energy drinks (YET NO MORE AWAKE THAN BEFORE), AND freaking hungry in the one class in which I can't bring in food because it's a computer lab, trapped here in academic hell for 3 hours before I can either nap or eat. FML.

Stabbsworth 08-29-2019 11:35 AM

[image of the dog going 'this is fine' while there's a fire going on in the background]

Coda 08-29-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voidbarker (Post 1905547)
oof, that really sucks. are you unable to turn the process off?

I mean, I COULD, but that would leave people without hotel rooms when they need them.

Coda 08-29-2019 03:02 PM

Well. No wonder this issue has been giving me such a headache.

It's not a bug.

It's three bugs.

That explains why trying to clean it up didn't seem to work. I was only fixing one problem.

Stabbsworth 08-29-2019 04:15 PM

oh lord.

eyestrain is sort of kicking my ass right now. can't focus too well.

Merskelly Metalien 08-29-2019 09:48 PM

Welp!
...<u> Never I mind I guess! I thought I had that pretty well piloted but apparently, I'm just not safe to drive 100%.
I got an automatic fail on my driving exam for "blocking an intersection"...for waiting to turn while stopped in a section of the road that read "KEEP CLEAR".
It was stupid too because I thought I should wait behind the line, but it's far back from the signal and main street I needed to turn on, and I needed to creep up to look at traffic clearly. <u<;
Also I was dinged on for being a little slow speedwise..go figure..
I'm going to be forced to try it again, but that means making another appointment and going through the whole ordeal all over again. Might be due to this shark week, but my spirits are crushed. vuv And I kinda wanna just give up on the whole thing...
Silly me. <u>; Why did I think that was smart to do? Why on earth am I doing?

Den 08-29-2019 09:59 PM

So, my parents are flying to Texas for Thanksgiving. But Mom isn't paying to board the animals, so guess who got saddled with taking care of the animals for a WEEK? Fucking ruined my plans to go up and see my boyfriend and his family... I'd better get the stuff to make a mini Thanksgiving dinner for myself or I'mma have to let my boyfriend know about it.

Espy 08-29-2019 10:16 PM

hurgh.

Coda 08-29-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien (Post 1905767)
Welp!
...<u> Never I mind I guess! I thought I had that pretty well piloted but apparently, I'm just not safe to drive 100%.
I got an automatic fail on my driving exam for "blocking an intersection"...for waiting to turn while stopped in a section of the road that read "KEEP CLEAR".
It was stupid too because I thought I should wait behind the line, but it's far back from the signal and main street I needed to turn on, and I needed to creep up to look at traffic clearly. <u<;
Also I was dinged on for being a little slow speedwise..go figure..
I'm going to be forced to try it again, but that means making another appointment and going through the whole ordeal all over again. Might be due to this shark week, but my spirits are crushed. vuv And I kinda wanna just give up on the whole thing...
Silly me. <u>; Why did I think that was smart to do? Why on earth am I doing?

You thought it was a good thing to do because the safety stop inside an intersection is a good idea. You wouldn't have been wrong about it...

... except there was explicit signage. That overrides what's usually a good idea. Markings like that indicate places where you need to pay special attention because the stuff you usually do would be unsafe or troublesome.

Merskelly Metalien 08-29-2019 10:46 PM

:c I am ashamed of my mistake because I could have totally just passed in first try. It totally crushed me because I did everything else relatively well...

bluebird 08-29-2019 11:40 PM

been sedentary for a while. took a hike. sore legs for a week now. holy hell stairs are the worst because it targets every muscle in the legs. for the first time in a long time, i let go of my remaining youth to grasp the handrails.

side note: stairs are very good if you want to tone your legs.

Den 08-30-2019 12:56 AM

It'd be one thing if my parents had fucking ASKED me to stay home. But no. clearly I don't rank high enough for that fucking courtesy.

bluebird 08-30-2019 01:57 AM

night classes.....public transportation....probability of bed bugs increasing tenfold...,,,,,