Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Shading practice (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17490)

Raichu 04-17-2013 11:46 AM

Shading practice

Drew my avatar.
Need more than shading practice xD

I just recently started doing it this way, so I still have a long way to go.

What do you think?

Asami 04-17-2013 02:16 PM

Wow gotta say that's fantastic owo I love the little hearts

Raichu 04-17-2013 03:47 PM

Really? Thank you! o//U//o

Honey 04-18-2013 10:20 PM

I agree with Asami, it looks pretty great. c:

Raichu 04-20-2013 06:51 PM

meep, Thank you! *u* <3

Pinkie 04-21-2013 06:27 PM

Oh my! I love the fact that when you drew your avi you didnt make it a stick...I love the shading concept though maybe a little more blending in some places but I think your on your way!

Tiva 04-21-2013 10:27 PM

Hey ummm due to partial nudity could you put a NSFW on that drawing? I opened it while i was in class and the guy behind me got an eye full.

I like the shading though how you drew the left hand (left in the model) is not good anatomy. The blending of the shading could be better but it still is pretty good.

Adrian Cuyler 05-17-2013 03:29 PM

I wish you luck!

Eboneye 06-04-2013 02:50 PM

I don't know if your still want people to comment being that this is like 2 months ago but I have to say I really think its great looking. Thanks to Adrian for posting on the thead and bumping it up. I'm glad I saw this.

Mod 06-14-2013 06:53 AM

sexy smexy lol i really like it alot!

Twigg 07-26-2013 02:59 PM

I really like this a lot! I think you have a very good handle on shadng but the colors are kind of flat. Instead of just darkening the same hue you can try adding blues or purples to the shadows to make it pop. Experiment with it. (: I do agree that the hand is a little off, but hands are hell to draw so that will come with practice. (: you are very good and I look forward to seeing more from you. c:

Poggio 07-27-2013 08:15 AM

You need to pick a light source and then determine where all of the shadows fall. Right now they are just arbitrary due to the curves of the muscles and that is fine because that is expected, but places like the hat for example doesn't make sense. If there is a highlight on the right side then there shouldn't be that deep of a shadow on the left where it folds and more of a shadow on the left side where it curves around if that makes sense. With out that sense of direction the image still appears flat.

Edit: Places like her left arm and well left side in general would have more of a shadow as well. Over all though I think its a nice drawing nice proportions and pose. The figure may be a bit hard to tackle at first for reference to see what I mean I would look at an object with a light on it from some distance, like a fruit with a lamp to the right or left, not directly but to the side.

Aenith 07-04-2014 11:28 AM

Your style is so cute! I actually really like the way it's shaded. It's different. :)