Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Games & Tech (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   wanna play a game, kid? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23314)

Francisco 05-19-2018 12:29 AM

wanna play a game, kid?

Sometimes, when I have nothing better to do, I make dumb little things my friends call games. They also tell me to share them, so here they are, in a nice remote corner of the internet where all 30 of you can see them.

DISCLAIMER: These games are bad. Not polished, not optimized, no sound. Mac and Linux versions are an enigma to me. If you find a bug, let me know so I can be grumpled with you.

----------------------------------

Apple Drop

Downloads: Windows 32 / 64

A "game" about dropping apples. You can also drag the apples. After a point, you begin to question why you downloaded it. It hasn't crashed yet, and that astounds me.

---

Apple Eat

Much easier to call a game. You feed a Thing apples, as many as possible. Still not the most compelling thing, but at least it has an ending. My high score is 58.

---

Blob

A terrible virtual pet, and what I imagine childcare feels like to the uninitiated. It can only die by starvation at this point.

---

More games will be added later, maybe.

Suzerain of Sheol 05-19-2018 12:31 AM

Strictly inferior to Idle Chopper.

0/10, would rather have 6.3 hematomas.

Francisco 05-19-2018 12:32 AM

How dare you.

Suzerain of Sheol 05-19-2018 12:33 AM

Oh, I'm sorry, did I miss the boss trees in your game?

I rest my case.

Gallagher 05-19-2018 12:40 AM

10/10 sticks, would chop again

KittyBeary 05-19-2018 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gallagher (Post 1858427)
10/10 sticks, would chop again

Do you mean wood chop? 8D *badumtss*

Gallagher 05-19-2018 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyBeary (Post 1858434)
Do you mean wood chop? 8D *badumtss*

go home you're banned

Coda 05-19-2018 09:06 PM

*click* win64...

*click* win64...

*click* win64...

Well geez, I can't play any of them.

Francisco 05-19-2018 11:06 PM

Oh boy. 32-bit, Linux or Mac? I think I've got versions for all of those, but they're entirely untested.

Coda 05-20-2018 04:52 PM

Mac. I do HAVE a Win64 machine I could drag out but Mac would be much better.

Francisco 05-20-2018 05:05 PM

I'm going to fix all these up a bit, this thread was kind of a spur of the moment thing. Said fixing will include Mac versions. :D

Francisco 05-20-2018 06:07 PM

Updated the entire thread, including links to versions besides Windows.

EDIT: Fixed what I broke in Apple Eat. :')

Coda 05-20-2018 08:00 PM

Looks like your deployment tool is buggy. None of the Mac versions actually work; they all crash on startup. Doing some digging it looks like the problem is that nwjs Framework is bogus -- it's just a file that contains the text "Versions/Current/nwjs Framework" instead of an actual library binary. If I had to take a guess, the cross-platform deployment tool doesn't work on Windows because of the difference in how symbolic links are handled. This is an issue on Scirra's side because a different directory structure would have avoided the need for it in the first place.

But on that note... Let's just say: I'm good at my job. ;) I fixed it locally by moving some files inside around to be in the places that the program actually expected.

So now to actually talk about it: Not bad for just starting to get into it! This is certainly head and shoulders above what I was accomplishing when I had been programming for that long.

Francisco 05-20-2018 08:09 PM

Gaaaah. *shakes fist at Scirra*
Well, that is unfortunate. Glad you got it working though! I'll have to fix those in the future. For now, the links will be removed.

And thank you! I've learned that thinking of interesting ideas is much more difficult than making them. At least for me, for now.

I've also got to get over not making things just because they've been done before. Not an excuse.