Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Shingeki No Kyojin // Attack on Titan [ M ] (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19279)

Lauv Keiko 09-02-2013 10:12 PM

Shingeki No Kyojin // Attack on Titan [ M ]

Okay, so I heard this anime from one of my former co-workers. She mentioned that the feelings she felt when she watched Claymore, is the same feeling when watching Shingeki no Kyojin (SNK), then I decided to watch it.

OKAY. SO. I love Claymore, alright? I have soooo much love for Claymore until now and I never expected that there would be another anime that can surpass this feeling I have over Claymore, and it's Shingeki no Kyojin.

Even after I watched Mirai Nikki, I still LOVED Claymore, but... SNK just made me LOVE it so much, to the point where Claymore is almost forgotten!!

Anyways, if you are following the Manga, let's talk about it here!

WARNING:

I swear too much, and I may swear here. Also, there are moments in the manga that are gore and just horrible. If you can't handle those, step aside.

Asami 09-02-2013 10:15 PM

YES FINALLY SOMEONE MADE A THREAD!

Lauv knows how much I love SNK x'D

Espy 09-02-2013 10:16 PM

Oh cool, another Claymore fan :)

Eheh. I only started following the manga after all my friends got into AoT over the summer. Well, I actually started reading maybe...two weeks ago?

SnK is more FEEEEELS for me than Claymore, though. (I never really connected with Mirai Nikki -- I love it, but not to the extent of Claymore or SnK.)

Lauv Keiko 09-02-2013 10:18 PM

YES ASAMI, you suggested I read it, but I never really told you that I finished the recent chapter, sorry ^^;;

ALSO YES ESPY, I love Claymore. I thought you already knew that.

AND YES. SNK IS MORE FEELS. LIKE. OH GOD. THE FIRST EPISODE WAS FULL OF IT. I CRIED.

Asami 09-02-2013 10:19 PM

Ive been trying to find this picture that show the status of all the characters up the the point in the manga
:c cant find it
for example
"Eren: kidnapped"

Lauv Keiko 09-02-2013 10:22 PM

I think it's in the SNK Wikia... O_O

I hate the statuses...like how they state that someone is dead...
I MEAN, I KNOW THEY'RE DEAD, PLEASE DON'T REMIND ME. I DIDN'T EXPECT THEM TO DIE. T____T

Asami 09-02-2013 10:23 PM

Probably x'D I didn't look there //shot

But yeah I feel you :"c
So. Many. People. Die. //cries

Everyone is hung over petras death. Im like WAIT UNTIL THIS HAPPENS.

Lauv Keiko 09-02-2013 10:32 PM

That's true...I mean, I didn't want Levi's Squad to die. I actually still can't get over it, they're great soldiers...

and by "this" what did you mean?
Because there are so many THIS's in the manga! xD I feel like, the manga is so full of mystery and then one day, they'll just reveal those in one shot.
oTL

Asami 09-02-2013 10:41 PM

That's again mean by this. I mean anything that will happen in the figure.
I cant wait till they learn about the worst betrayal ever. (You know what im talkin bout)

Espy 09-02-2013 10:49 PM

(btw, I'm caught up with the latest chapter, afaik. Can't be bothered to check right now.)

I'm a bit pissed at how characters were just flung to their deaths -- I mean, Petra's was way too abrupt, and it felt like the deaths in The Matrix, first movie. Like...deaths for the sake of deaths.

Lauv Keiko 09-02-2013 10:51 PM

>O< LOL! I am kinda confused, I shall put it in spoiler tag <3

Espy 09-02-2013 10:52 PM

I know about that spoiler already, if that's what you'e referring to.

Lauv Keiko 09-02-2013 10:53 PM

@Espy: That's why I can't get over it because their deaths were just so abrupt, like what you've said.
I mean, they posed as great soldiers, THEY DID GOOD, but no, fuck no...that bitch of a Titan just had to SMASH them all over the place. Why did Isayama(the artist/creator) have to be so...I DON'T KNOW. I am pissed at him for creating the characters then KILLING THEM. It's like, he has no damn heart!

edit: lol, I put a spoiler tag because there might be someone out there who has not caught up with the manga. ^^;

Espy 09-02-2013 11:07 PM

But I want to learn what drives her, why she does what she does, why the other two do what they do, why they say there's no future. I actually sympathize with the titans more than the humans, more than Mikasa or Eren or Levi, really. Not more than Armin or Hanji, though.

Lauv Keiko 09-02-2013 11:15 PM

Hmm...thinking about that, there were parts in the manga that reiner, berty, and annie have mentioned "warriors"
I really wonder if them being a "warrior" is what drives them.

also, you sympathize over armin and hanji? o_o what do you mean?

Espy 09-02-2013 11:24 PM

Hanji is sympathetic with the titans that they capture. I respect that. Armin is...erm...

...more or less like me. Physically and emotionally too-oft incapable, but intensely loyal to a fault and a bit of a masochist in terms of guilt.

Lauv Keiko 09-02-2013 11:36 PM

Aah, I see. So you see yourself in Armin. *nods*

And yeah! Hanji! She was kind of like Eren when she started in the Scouting Legion, killing titans here and there...but one event drove her to understanding them just like humans (only bigger and no genitals)
I like Hanji for the fact that she considers them humans, that the titans just need to be understood...

THEORY::
Maybe these Titans were once the Cannibalistic Tribe that Hanji had mentioned when naming the capture titans (sawney and bean), and that they found a way to explode into giant humans and in order to extract revenge, they eat the human (non-cannibalistic tribe) race.

Espy 09-03-2013 12:32 AM

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...58-d6hmh9p.png

For shits and giggles

Lauv Keiko 09-03-2013 01:39 AM

LOL, i don't get the joke. xD

Asami 09-03-2013 05:16 PM

I missed some serious talk D:
But yeah that lauv
Do you know what it's like when someone betrays your trust? If you can't trust anyone then everyone should die (points if you get the reference. Ps it's not snk related)

I was just like. What. They just. That was the weirdest way to reveal it. Just out of nowhere lol

Espy 09-03-2013 07:41 PM

Ah, sorry. I should've linked the whole thing. The artist's friend made a joke about giant/colossal facepalms.

Lauv Keiko 09-03-2013 08:48 PM

@Asami:: D: I don't know that reference at all... oTL
yep, true, like... SUDDENLY. That was why Bertholdt was so against Reiner's decision to just reveal it all...

@Espy: lol, no need, I stalked the artist in tumblr. xD

Espy 09-03-2013 08:49 PM

Why did they have to reveal it right then?

Lauv Keiko 09-03-2013 09:00 PM

I don't know, really... it just happened so suddenly... like out of impulse.

kind of like trying to prove something...

Asami 09-03-2013 10:29 PM

It seriously was so anti climatic. Ot was just like "hey eren guess what????" I:
That's probably my only problem with snk so far. (Besides them killing people I get attached to)

Lauv Keiko 09-03-2013 10:54 PM

I don't know what Isayama is thinking...but really though... after almost 50 chapters... WE STILL DON'T KNOW A THING, OR WHERE EREN'S FATHER IS!!

Asami 09-03-2013 11:03 PM

Yeah AND they still haven't made it to that damn basement
and they probably wont for like ever :c

Lauv Keiko 09-04-2013 10:27 AM

yeah, I don't think so too, what with those two titans carrying Eren around...and Ymir has been keeping some secrets herself too...

Asami 09-04-2013 01:18 PM

Ymir <3

I could also see the Titans taking him to thr basement maybe. Idk
but we still haven't heard their side of the story so our opinions might change.
But. Dat first. Episode.

Lauv Keiko 09-04-2013 09:41 PM

Hmm.. yes yes, that could be possible too... Like, once they brought him to the basement, they would then tell him what their reasons are...and stuff. D:
AAH, MY ANTICIPATION.

Also...Ymir, yes <3 lots of yuri love for Christa a.k.a Historia. <3

DX oh god yes, the first episode. The same feeling I got when I watched the firs episode of claymore. D: BLOOD EVERYWHERE.

Lauv Keiko 09-06-2013 12:22 AM

ALERT!! NEW CHAPTER!!
http://imgur.com/a/JqMdX#8laJ6w8

Awen Moonshine 10-24-2014 07:47 AM

Oh man I so need to catch up on the manga... I watch the whole of the anime series but I just can't get enough of it... I want to know more! I'm only on book 4 atm but hopefully I can get more at xmas! ^_^

Lawtan 10-24-2014 10:33 AM

I should get into this at some point, but I am still slowly going through Claymore <.<

Coda 10-24-2014 02:15 PM

I've been meaning to get into Claymore.