Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Club House (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   feral scientist appreciation corner (officially dubbed: The Procrastination Station) (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23751)

littl3chocobo 09-30-2019 10:31 PM

;3; </3

Stabbsworth 10-01-2019 09:30 AM

it's not getting any worse, at least, and it's been three days.

he'll also scent with the side with the swollen eye, so it's not affecting him too much, and he's been pretty normal in terms of behaviour (aka: being an absolute cuddler).

littl3chocobo 10-01-2019 11:25 AM

3 days? dude he needs a vet. he could lose the eye or worse

Stabbsworth 10-01-2019 01:46 PM

this is why you don't let the cat outside, but nooooo, mother knows best, clearly.

i can't take him to a vet because i can't drive. i'm not sure if we have the money to book an appointment + pay for treatment either.

edit for clarification: these aren't justifications / excuses as to why we're not taking him to a vet.

on the flipside, mum says that his eye is looking a little better, but hell if i know.

Kory 10-01-2019 04:08 PM

Aww.

I hope he gets better soon. ;-;
Poor kitty.

littl3chocobo 10-01-2019 05:16 PM

i don't feel comfortable with this conversation anymore. i think i'm going to mosey

Stabbsworth 10-01-2019 08:35 PM

gestures. he'll probably be fine.

i'm just annoyed about it because it's easily preventable, but no, mum wants to do fuck-all about it.

Mekatra 10-01-2019 08:46 PM

It's awful when you're not able to take an animal for medical treatment. :(

Hell, living in the US I can rarely get myself the medical treatment I need, let alone my pup.

Have you been trying to keep it clean as much as possible?

Stabbsworth 10-01-2019 08:53 PM

not sure.

i know it seems awfully flaky of me to reply with that, but i'm both unsure on what to say or whether mum's actually been doing that.

Mekatra 10-01-2019 08:54 PM

That's fair. The cat seems to be more under her jurisdiction than yours.

Hopefully your kitty comes through this just fine.

Stabbsworth 10-01-2019 08:57 PM

well, it is practically her cat. he just likes my bed for the moment.

idk if he's currently sleeping up on there right now. he's been on it a lot lately. iirc, he started coming up on it again just before his eyelid got swollen.

probably just wants somewhere warm to lay, haha. or he's touchstarved. he's a right cuddler.

Mekatra 10-01-2019 08:59 PM

Sounds like he feels safe and comfy with you and in your sleeping area, so that's a plus.

I miss having a proper cuddly cat. Ours likes to pretend she's half feral. She will allow brief intervals of petting but absolutely will not get into your lap or allow herself to be held.

Burnt Rice 10-01-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mekatra (Post 1917523)
She will allow brief intervals of petting but absolutely will not get into your lap or allow herself to be held.

Haha. Used to have a cat like that too! Though the petting was very brief, and non-existent to some. But all it took was me man handling her for a few years to "break" her. (:
It was more me picking her up regardless of the scratching and the biting. Then giving treats to the monster. Later she would just accept the picking up part because it became part of her life. Plus the treats helped.

Mekatra 10-01-2019 09:05 PM

I feel like that would be distressing to her and I really don't see a reason to put her through that. I have a dog that demands cuddles reguarly and a husband that allows physical contact on a semi-regular basis, so it isn't like I need to harass the cat into letting me hold her haha

Burnt Rice 10-01-2019 09:09 PM

She became a lot more friendly after the manhandling. While it was probably not the best way to get her used to the concept of people touching her, it worked. She no longer lunged at peoples feet when they so happened to pass her. Worst was when she would sit next to the phone or your shoes. Then would attack you as you approached and tried to take your things.
Also, while I calling it manhandling, it was very gentle so not to hurt her. After all, it's easy to hurt a cat when it's claws and teeth are sunk into your flesh. One wrong move and rip. Painful for the both I'd imagine.

Mekatra 10-01-2019 09:14 PM

You also had a really vaild reason for needing her to be more gentle. She was likely to get stepped on or kicked lunging out at people like that. Our cat is just anti-social and will sleep in the windowsill ignoring all of us. The only things she ever attacks are small rodents or birds foolish enough to get anywhere near her.