Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Club House (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Glitchin' Hangout (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21213)

Glitch 12-28-2016 09:19 PM

there is none in my savings account, i don't have one. XD

trystan830 12-28-2016 09:21 PM

i have $20 in a savings account that it all mine. and $7 in my paypal XD

Kaderin Triste 12-28-2016 10:56 PM

I have been slowly leeching my accrued vacation and severance pay from when my good job was shut down last year and everyone got laid off. But that is getting really close to gone. After that, I'm doomed.

Moonshadow 12-28-2016 11:03 PM

Kad: you will figure something out!

Kaderin Triste 12-28-2016 11:07 PM

With any luck, I can survive either until tax refunds come back around, or until I can succeed in getting another job. Whichever happens first.

Lee 12-28-2016 11:09 PM

I know this feel. Hang in there.

Kaderin Triste 12-28-2016 11:15 PM

Thanks.
*hugs everyone*
Things will get better eventually. We're supposed to be getting a Hobby Lobby in soon and I have retail experience...and I might like working around pretty craft supplies more than the grocery industry...
*crosses fingers*
And also PetSmart will be opening up a store in the same area...and I love animals...so maybe that would be okay too if I can get a job there...

Moonshadow 12-28-2016 11:24 PM

Those would be two great places to work, especially Hobby Lobby. I've never been in one of those I'm sure its like A.C. Moore, Michael's.
-hugs- you will get a good job in one of those places.

Kaderin Triste 12-28-2016 11:27 PM

I have been told it's like Michaels on steroids...but have never been in one yet either. But I love arts and crafts stuff, so it would be a cool place to work.

trystan830 12-28-2016 11:27 PM

my main job started out M-F, 9-5. now it's Mon-Thurs, 9-3.... it's why i have a second job Fri-Sun. between both jobs, it's barely 40 hours. hubby would work a lot of overtime whenever it was offered.... we have crazy credit card bills, and the daughters are 15 and 19, so we used the cards quite a bit in the past.

recently hubby got a promotion (after 10 years) and a nice pay raise. and we got a home equity loan to help consolidate some of the credit cards.

we don't really have much extra money for splurges (hubby goes go-karting and that's where a lot of the charges on the credit cards came from (and a whole 'nother long story, too!)) and things like vacations, but we manage. it was very tight for a while this past summer, and i'm glad we're working our way out of it. the credit card still gets pushed to its limit some months though.

edit: my Fri-Sun job is at a Michaels! and i teach the crochet classes when people sign up... i have three students on the 7th actually!

MonBon 12-28-2016 11:29 PM

Best of luck kad *huggles*

Kaderin Triste 12-28-2016 11:33 PM

Trystan: That sounds like a pretty cool job! I'm really bad at teaching stuff, but it would be cool to have a job like that!

Monbon: *hugcling* Thanks. Things will get better soon. They just have to!

trystan830 12-28-2016 11:44 PM

Kaderin - the job is pretty cool. it's the customers when i'm on the registers that drive me nuts. XD

i mean, i guess i'm good at teaching, i haven't had any repeat students, but i'd like to think they've learned what i teach 'em

Kaderin Triste 12-28-2016 11:48 PM

Yeah, that's always a problem with retail. But I can deal with customers if I have to. And I think at least having the common ground of crafting, it will be easier to help them than being a grocery cashier.

trystan830 12-28-2016 11:49 PM

this is very true, Kaderin! =D

Kaderin Triste 12-28-2016 11:52 PM

Plus...I get daily access to pretty yarns and other stuff! I will just have to resist the urge to buy everything!