Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   What gender do you play as in video games? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22288)

Quiet Man Cometh 11-27-2017 03:21 AM

I'm always the "adventurer" in Morrowind because I like to pick my skills out. Mirri I decided was an archer-thief, but she's got some magic, too.

As Mirri died with my old game data, I've started again with a tanky dunmer named "Stanley." Reasons.

Shark 11-28-2017 09:12 PM

Usually male, and then if I'm doing a replay I'll use female. :p

Jandi 11-28-2017 10:30 PM

I prefer to play as a female. I usually try to make my avatars look like me, but with white hair. :D

Quiet Man Cometh 11-29-2017 07:54 PM

That's what I used to do, but I found the more detailed character creation got, the less I was inclined to do it that way.

pompon-chan 11-30-2017 12:12 AM

Mostly female if available, though in mmorpg's some of the elf male avatars were pretty handsome androgynous fella's so I'd play as them xD

Quiet Man Cometh 11-30-2017 03:20 AM

Sometimes it depends on a feature I want to use. If something is male or female only, I might play the gender just to get the item.

Starbomb 12-01-2017 06:28 PM

If I can create my own character I usually play a girl, like in Pokemon or Animal Crossing (man, I remember when Pokemon Crystal came out I was so exited that I could play as a girl finally, haha). If you play as a certain character I just play as whoever I like most or has the best stats.

say 12-01-2017 07:05 PM

Either works, I guess male though so I don't end up with really fem items

Quiet Man Cometh 12-01-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbomb (Post 1822315)
If I can create my own character I usually play a girl, like in Pokemon or Animal Crossing (man, I remember when Pokemon Crystal came out I was so exited that I could play as a girl finally, haha). If you play as a certain character I just play as whoever I like most or has the best stats.

If it's something like Pokemon or a game where you play as character A or B, with no real customization beyond the colour of your hat, then I'll almost always play female. I think that also goes for games where you can only make one character.

Espy 12-01-2017 09:37 PM

Oh, haha, I'm just the opposite.

Quiet Man Cometh 12-01-2017 09:54 PM

I guess you could say I'm more likely to play as something closer to 'myself' in those situations, or as close as I can get.

MissLlamaness 12-01-2017 10:01 PM

I usually prefer playing as a female character.
I'm more likely to play as a male character if there is a lot of customization involved, rather than if classes are gender locked (which is absolutely hate, by the way). I'm not really sure why, perhaps because I don't particularly enjoy playing male characters if they are really buff (which I feel gender locked ones often are).

Quiet Man Cometh 12-01-2017 10:08 PM

That annoys me a little with Divinity: Original Sin. The guy is huge. It's hard to recreate a skinny thief with that!

MissLlamaness 12-01-2017 10:13 PM

Oh yeah I can see that! Female characters are usually not that much better though, they also have "perfect" bodies.
I just like playing as fairly androgynous characters wearing dresses and feminine clothing~

//Side note, but is that a good game? It's on sale rn on steam lol

Quiet Man Cometh 12-01-2017 10:18 PM

It's a great game! Haven't played the new one, but I've enjoyed it a lot. You can get mods and such, and upload personal pictures for characters, but it's very fun when it comes to battles and such. You can use the terrain and play off spells and such, and your characters gets traits and such according to their interactions.

I like the GW2 character creator because the body shape options are more varied than you normally see, like hip size, bust size, hip to bust size, shoulder to hip, etc. I have three "human" female that all look fairly different in shape.

Espy 12-01-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh (Post 1822588)
That annoys me a little with Divinity: Original Sin. The guy is huge. It's hard to recreate a skinny thief with that!

Yeah, I really, really wanted to make Yvon (my dude from Camelot) in Div OS, but, well, seeing as how the male model is like...three times Yvon's mass and volume...