Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Festival of Frost 2018 (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Presents Galore Can you Guess Yours? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23645)

Espy 12-25-2018 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonBon (Post 1888743)
User: MonBon
Square: B14

I'm siding with you espy

Ha, good, if we can figure this side out, then we’ll know which configuration is correct for the other side.

star2000shadow 12-25-2018 12:10 PM

Could i do O 15?

Tiva 12-25-2018 06:14 PM

Tuskiko and Star2000Shadow are Incorrect. All other guesses are correct.

Espy C13 has already been guessed.

And I dont like the tone. As I have to "Correct" solution because I made the puzzle if there are other ways to do it they will still not line up with the original picture and there for are not an actual solution. I have made these harder this go round to give more work and chance to the game.

Updated Image

https://i.imgur.com/HI9yTIb.png

Biomecha 12-25-2018 06:39 PM

Ready to give it another go...

User: Biomecha
Square number: L6

MonBon 12-25-2018 10:02 PM

User: MonBon
Square number: O13 please ^^

Merskelly Metalien 12-26-2018 03:34 AM

User: Merskelly Metalien
Square Number: H1

Espy 12-26-2018 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiva (Post 1888883)
And I dont like the tone. As I have to "Correct" solution because I made the puzzle if there are other ways to do it they will still not line up with the original picture and there for are not an actual solution. I have made these harder this go round to give more work and chance to the game.

We both know there are at least two possible solutions. With what other words am I supposed to convey the concept of the solution you want? Because *those* words imply the solution is subjective.

Death by Mirrors 12-26-2018 06:57 AM

The solution is subjective.

Basically it goes like this: Tiva creates a pixel image that may or may not resemble a picture (depending on how creatively your brain can interpret it right now - for example I recognized Cthulu Cutie at What's in the Net yet failed to see a pet in some other puzzles even after Tiva told us the item it was meant to be).

By using the hints (or simply guessing squares, if you rather favor luck games over logic) you then figure out the aforemented pixel picture. It is indeed possible the numbers allow for more than one single way to fill the grid, but only one of them is identical to the image. Tiva could have decided to draw it differently back when she made the puzzle. The main task during the game however is to unravel all clues and restore that picture in the exact way she drew it.

Sometimes it helps to look at the almost filled grid knowing the solution is a picture, and the most likely placement leaps out at you. Then again at other times all you see is a completely random mess of black squares. In such cases I recommend to guess those uncertain squares first and use that knowledge to identify which of the possible options mirrors Tiva's pic.

mdom 12-26-2018 09:38 AM

User: mdom
Square number: G4

Espy 12-26-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death by Mirrors (Post 1888959)
In such cases I recommend to guess those uncertain squares first and use that knowledge to identify which of the possible options mirrors Tiva's pic.

Which is what I'm doing...? You've finished the entire puzzle, so you also know there are at least two areas where the squares are interchangeable. All I'm doing is just ascertaining *which* squares are the correct ones for this puzzle. I'm not sure where my tone went wrong.

Death by Mirrors 12-26-2018 05:57 PM

Let's leave it at that then?

Tiva, Espy, the underlying frustration on both sides probably stems from a mere misunderstanding. I think we can all agree there is more than one technical solution, and only one version which reconstructs the image Tiva drew. No need to battle over the exact definition of "possible" or "correct".

Unless both of you really want to. In which case I'm grabbing popcorn, selling poorly made fan merch and taking bets on the survivor. :f-ninja:

Espy 12-26-2018 06:24 PM

Tiva's scary. I'm not fighting her.

...Though if you had popcorn, why didn't you gosh darn say so in the first place :|

Death by Mirrors 12-26-2018 06:29 PM

*shares popcorn with Espy*

MonBon 12-26-2018 08:13 PM

too lazy to check if this has been guessed yet
User: monBon
square: D12

Biomecha 12-26-2018 09:37 PM

User: Biomecha
Square number: M6

Espy 12-27-2018 05:31 AM

User: espy
Square number: e15