Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Games & Tech (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   FusionFall (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23989)

Coda 02-28-2020 04:25 PM

I mean. I would. Except I picked a different solution: run Windows on a dedicated gaming PC.

KittyBeary 02-28-2020 09:07 PM

I did download FF Retro. But it froze during character customization. :(

Stabbsworth 02-29-2020 05:04 PM

idk if that server's offline or crashed or if your computer is strong enough to run it. hell if i know.

KittyBeary 02-29-2020 11:08 PM

This computer has been able to run a lot of things and it's still kinda new, I'll see if I can find the problem ;u;

Coda 03-01-2020 12:23 PM

It seems unlikely that it's a computer performance issue, given that the game is from 2009. It can just about run on a potato. It's actually more likely that your computer is too NEW than too OLD.

FusionFall was never the most stable game, and FF Retro is limping along on an ancient (and notably buggy) version of the Unity engine that's shoehorned into a web plugin that doesn't work with any modern browser. The issue you describe was a common thing to hear about even when the game had first-party support.

I tried to get the FF Retro team to let me help, since I'm... y'know, probably a better engineer than anyone they have on staff. But despite my history with the game, they're super jealous of their stuff and they don't want to let anyone see it.

Stabbsworth 03-01-2020 01:50 PM

that vaguely reminds me of sonic gather battle in the way that the guy was trying to protect his sprites by injecting actual malware, but hopefully they won't stoop down to that level.

someone's gonna datamine shit anyways.

is it possible to run it in a VM?

Coda 03-02-2020 02:48 PM

Yeah, it should work just fine in a Win2000 / WinXP VM, assuming your VM software emulates / passes through the necessary 3D stuff.

Ctvugyhf 02-11-2024 05:19 AM

Hey Coda

I just got a bit nostalgic and looked up the old ff explorers forum and found this thread, so I wanted to say hey!

I was ctvugyhf on the forums and butler amoeba in game. I focused mostly on trading but I was on the forum and did a bit of exploration with you guys. I don't think we really hung out much, but I remember your name and I do remember drazil. He and I grouped a good bit at the time.

I was pretty young at the time (12 I think?), but I remember having a lot of fun with you guys! Hope y'all are all doing well

Coda 02-24-2024 01:43 AM

Oh hey, I remember you. Welcome to Trisphee!

EDIT: Drazil says hi too!

EDIT: No, sorry, he says "HI!".

Espy 02-24-2024 03:59 PM

Sudden realization that I could have just randomly *met Coda in FF* months before I ever joined Tris.

Coda 02-24-2024 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espy (Post 1955593)
Sudden realization that I could have just randomly *met Coda in FF* months before I ever joined Tris.

FusionFall is how I met Viva Alecto (Mandie), which is how I ended up here.

Like I mentioned in the second post: In-game and on the forums I was Mrs. Moonbunny -- my own account got glitched out, and my wife wasn't super interested in continuing to play, so I ended up playing on her account until the game shut down.