Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   What gender do you play as in video games? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22288)

Crystallyn Whisper 11-23-2017 10:22 PM

I usually pick female if the option is available. Sometimes I pick whichever one looks the more aesthetically pleasing.

dragoness129 11-24-2017 12:14 PM

I am a female who plays females in video games if I can. However, if it is some classes that have a set character (Like Baulder's Gate 2), I will play the classes I like over the gender.

Quiet Man Cometh 11-26-2017 04:38 AM

Unless you're talking about NPCs, I'm not sure what you mean by set classes in BG2, though I admit I haven't played it much and not for a while. I played the first one for ages.

Espy 11-26-2017 04:49 PM

I'm currently messing around on BG (got it during the sale), and oh boy, the voice acting makes me want to stab things.

Worm 11-26-2017 05:08 PM

I usually play males...
Depends on what kinda characters you can play though.

Espy 11-26-2017 06:11 PM

Boy am I still peeved that healer-type classes in gender-locked games are usually female.

Claire Bear 11-26-2017 06:50 PM

i is female and always play as female,

so does my boyfriend usually lol.

Quiet Man Cometh 11-27-2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espy (Post 1820357)
I'm currently messing around on BG (got it during the sale), and oh boy, the voice acting makes me want to stab things.

Give it a break, it's old. ;)
But yes. And I've got an annoying amount of memorized.

Baldur's Gate has a mix of characters/races/etc, you just need to go find them. Some take a while to reach.

I'm often amused at the comments about guys apparently assuming that a female character is played by a female, even if they are playing as a female as well.

Mekatra 11-27-2017 12:11 AM

I generally start out as male and then roll female on my second playthrough. If the classes are done by gender then I will usually go with whatever the rogue/thief style character is. It doesn't exactly matter to me too much though.

bluebird 11-27-2017 12:35 AM

Depends on the game. When I played as a female in MMORPGs like Runescape and Maplestory, I got more free stuff than when I played as a guy, so I'm more inclined to play as female in MMOs heh. Ain't saying I'm a gold digger, but...
gamelifeiscertainlyeasierlmao

I tend to play as male and other species when they have really cool looking equips or attack moves.

Quiet Man Cometh 11-27-2017 12:48 AM

I'm all for the non-humans. I tend to look to that first, before thinking about gender.

Mekatra 11-27-2017 12:54 AM

I didn't even think about non-humans. I almost always play non-human if given the option. That was my favorite part of Dragon Age Inquisition was finally getting to play a Qunari.

Espy 11-27-2017 12:56 AM

FEMALE. ARGONIAN. BERSERKER. Argonians and Khajiit are kind of my thing. Or, any other beastfolk race that's done well. I cannot stand beastfolk races in which the male's an anthro and the female's a human with ears and a tail.

Mekatra 11-27-2017 12:58 AM

I prefered to play a male Argonian, a thief/light weapons fighter in Oblivion but I much preferred being an archer in Skyrim. Made killing dragons a lot easier early on before you get the Dragonrend shout.

Quiet Man Cometh 11-27-2017 01:30 AM

I wasn't great with a bow in Skyrim (as opposed to Morrowind when it was pretty much all I used) so I would just kite around until the dragon landed and then run into it's face.

I was annoyed at not being able to give my Khajit enough fur in Skyrim so I started with a Nord, but I have one now. Both female. The elder scrolls games are one area where I am decidedly female leaning.

Espy 11-27-2017 03:08 AM

I play a male Argonian thief in ESO :P

I've run basically everything from a male Khajiit brawler, to a male Imperial archer who dotes on his two kids, to a male Breton conjurer, to a female Nord-with-a-bit-of-elven-blood valkyrie-esque warrior in Skyrim.

Oblivion, I've only got my one male Khajiit sneakthief so far, and I surprisingly didn't roll a Khajiit in Morrowind, opting instead for a male Bosmer I'm-hesitant-to-actually-put-him-in-a-class.

Also, Guild Wars 2 might be the only game so far in which I have more technically female characters than male.