Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Central Square (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Daily Awesome (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21411)

Ginger 04-01-2024 04:47 PM

As much as I would love to learn German, learning languages is truly more difficult for me than necessary. English was difficult enough when I was learning as a child :f-sweat:

Spanish seems simple enough, but it would still take me years to really be able to have a normal conversation in Spanish.

WonderWendy 04-07-2024 01:19 PM

I just bought a Towel Cape in every color from the Token Shop. Now my avi can dress up as anyone!

Ginger 04-08-2024 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WonderWendy (Post 1955788)
I just bought a Towel Cape in every color from the Token Shop. Now my avi can dress up as anyone!

Heck yeah! Now you need a stick with a cloth on the end to hold your necessities for your ambitious adventures

WonderWendy 04-08-2024 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginger (Post 1955794)
Heck yeah! Now you need a stick with a cloth on the end to hold your necessities for your ambitious adventures

Huh?

Kaderin Triste 04-08-2024 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginger (Post 1955730)
As much as I would love to learn German, learning languages is truly more difficult for me than necessary. English was difficult enough when I was learning as a child :f-sweat:

Spanish seems simple enough, but it would still take me years to really be able to have a normal conversation in Spanish.

I mean...I'd say for most adults, it would probably take a minimum of a year of learning to have a conversation in a new language. After a year of studing Irish Gaelic, I have enough basic knowledge to greet a person, ask how they are...and MAYBE ask about their interests/hobbies or for directions (to a limited number of places including library, pub/bar, and hospital). Though I can't guarantee I'd be able to understand all of their replies. xD
Oh, and my friend and I can kind of complain about our coworkers, but that's still probably not using correct grammar so...

trystan830 04-08-2024 06:36 PM

today's awesome was the amazingness of totality of the solar eclipse!

WonderWendy 04-09-2024 07:29 AM

I know, it was so cool to see!

Kaderin Triste 04-10-2024 01:19 PM

I 100% forgot about the eclipse. But the path of totality was also nowhere near me (I think we probably only had like 40% coverage here), so it wouldn't have been as interesting anyway. xD

Ginger 04-11-2024 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste (Post 1955808)
I mean...I'd say for most adults, it would probably take a minimum of a year of learning to have a conversation in a new language. After a year of studing Irish Gaelic, I have enough basic knowledge to greet a person, ask how they are...and MAYBE ask about their interests/hobbies or for directions (to a limited number of places including library, pub/bar, and hospital). Though I can't guarantee I'd be able to understand all of their replies. xD
Oh, and my friend and I can kind of complain about our coworkers, but that's still probably not using correct grammar so...

Learning new things like how to read sheet music, speak languages, and play instruments have been struggles for me specifically. As much as these things interest me, it's a struggle to learn them because they take a lot of time. But I have no problems with patience when it comes to training parrots and piecing together diamond paintings.

I should use my time to learn new skills that are actually useful to society.

Coda 04-15-2024 10:45 PM

Woo! Ludum Dare 55 was a success -- best looking game I've ever made, jam or otherwise!

Call of Aether

Ginger 05-16-2024 03:58 PM

Got some important things done today and then treated myself to a few things from a local thrift store, where they were announcing a program they offer that helps individuals gain more skillsets to get better jobs if they're looking to change careers. More research is required, but this could be beneficial in the long run because they've helped hundreds of people start their own businesses, which is my ultimate goal.